Darnell Dockett

Wants out of Arizona. He's a young stud of a D-lineman. Gets after the QB/penetrates - exactly what our crappy cover-2 scheme calls for. I guess the argument could be 1- he's gonna cost us some $/ high draft choice and 2- he's a warm weather player. If something can be swung, do you take him? I say yes (i say trade as high as a 2nd rounder)

Dockett is a great player,i would rather have Henderson for a fourth round pick.

I think the whole Henderson for a 4th rounder never really grew any legs... Maybe it was a possibility before the draft, but now i bet it would cost us a bit more. Dockett is younger too - and knowing the cheap Cardinals, he could be had... Of course, that's assuming we're not being the cheap Bills <_<

I agree. Rather have Henderson at this point. Cheaper to grab him and he is a nasty player. Something this team really needs.

wha? Darnell Dockett is as nasty as they come. I wouldn't mind him beside Stroud.

I think the whole Henderson for a 4th rounder never really grew any legs... Maybe it was a possibility before the draft, but now i bet it would cost us a bit more. Dockett is younger too - and knowing the cheap Cardinals, he could be had... Of course, that's assuming we're not being the cheap Bills <_<

I would love to get Henderson. Even for a 3rd and 5th. But i think the JAX will not trade him anymore.

And i think Dockett wants the big money.....is this not the reason he wants out of Arizona ??

Wants out of Arizona. He's a young stud of a D-lineman. Gets after the QB/penetrates - exactly what our crappy cover-2 scheme calls for. I guess the argument could be 1- he's gonna cost us some $/ high draft choice and 2- he's a warm weather player. If something can be swung, do you take him? I say yes (i say trade as high as a 2nd rounder)

<_<

More fan-fantasy. Please remember young Darnell will want a huge contract, and the Bills tried those huge contracts out on free agents in their primes during Levy's first year as defacto GM - 2006. Dockery and Walker. Walker seems to be at least trying his best to earn his overpayments, and we all know how much of a bust Dockery was for his 49 Mil.

Why do you think the Bills have not signed another young free agent coming into his prime since then? They wont' spend the money, period. Oh sure, they'll pick up a damaged former star like Stroud, he worked out pretty well so they even gave him a reasonable raise. But it's time to stop dreaming about the Bills signing these good to great players in their primes who are already unhappy with their pay on other teams. You really think the Buffalo Bills will be the team to trade for them and then sign them to that huge deal??? :lol::worthy:

If Docket is on the block for a package similar to what we gave up for Stroud than take him. I say a third and a sixth and if they want McCargo as a throw in than take him. I think he is that good even if it took a third and Roscoe Parrish I say make the trade. Docket and Stroud gives this defense an up the middle combo that we have needed for a long time. He is young too so it is not a flashy move either it would make sense even if you had to give up a good amount to get him.

I hear a lot of well lets just get Henderson for a fourth but I don't think he is on the block at this point if he was to be traded would it have already happened. Or Henderson is available but only for the right price which begs the question if we were going to give up that much for a thirty year old DT why not just go after a player who is younger and available for almost as much? I don't think Docket is available either but it sounds more likely that a player who is disgruntled and wants more money would be available. If he is the bills should pounce and add some talent up front.

But yeah the bills won't go after him at all if he wants a big contract. Than again did we expect the TO signing and the front office and coaching staff has to win now plus they got money to spend now that they don't have to show Peters the money

Send the cards a 2nd rounder for dockett and pay the man. Instant upgradeto the DL. Stroud and Dockett would be extremely tough to stop, and it would relegate Kyle Williams to a rotational role where he belongs.

Bills gave Wendell Bryant a tryout according to Profootballtalk.com, former DT and 1st round bust of the Cardinals. Interesting read and guy might be worth a shot if he's got his life in order now or could just be a case where the guy ran out of money.

Bills gave Wendell Bryant a tryout according to Profootballtalk.com, former DT and 1st round bust of the Cardinals. Interesting read and guy might be worth a shot if he's got his life in order now or could just be a case where the guy ran out of money.

John McCargo is already on the team.

Dockett is a great player,i would rather have Henderson for a fourth round pick.

Where is the yellow brick road? The Henderson was a non-story, and the chances of Dockett moving to Buffalo is zero. Probably negative actually.

Anquan Boldin clamored for a new contract, and ultimately a trade. Neither have happened, and the chances are slipping. Arizona isn't letting one of their better defenders go for a measly third or fourth.

Dockett wants a long term deal....stating "he felt he had outperformed the five-year, $22.010 million contract he signed in 2006."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4138192

The guy wants 8 million a season! My question is this:

The Bills should pay a second DT 8 million a year, but NOT pay a probowl LT 10 million?

No Thanks on either!