Nasty Dallas weather

This comment may be wildly unpopular - and I do hope the ST coach is alright - but it's too bad that Jerry Jones wasn't unfortunate enough to have front row seats for this spectacle. The only thing better would be for his billion dollar stadium to implode on him or for him to choke on $100 bills.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgusting how people ask that others on TBD "pray for them" and what not in LAMP posts for as little as having to take a test in Bio 101 or becuase their grass wont grow right under their oak tree in the back yard, let alone for major sh--, but because what happenned here affected the "hated" Cowboys, jokes are made.

People are hurt. A man lies paraylized. Grow the !@#$ up.

Amen, Rk. I dislike the Cowboys franchise as much as most around here, but there's absolutely nothing funny about this. Remember our reaction to the Kevin Everett jokes on that classless Seahawks fan site? Yeah. Think about it.

Thoughts and prayers to Behm and DeCamillis, and I'm glad nobody else was seriously injured.

For the record, the ST coach isn't paralyzed, thankfully. He has some broken vertebrae, but is expected to fully recover. Unfortunately the other guy wasn't so lucky. And as I said, I'm not a man of prayer but I hope both can come through this. I am intimately familiar with back injuries and know how much it sucks. It's true, there is nothing funny about this at all. It doesn't change the fact that if Jerry Jones was directly under one of those beams I wouldn't shed a single tear.

I do feel for the families who were effected by this...I doubt Jerry Jones is shedding a tear though. He's more worried about his liability and being sued. As for the company that built the facility, I think they're in big trouble. 2nd time their structures have failed.

This is from ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4132947

The no-frills building was pretty much a 100-yard football field with a few more yards of clearance all the way around. The roof was 80 feet high, the equivalent of an eight-story building.

Calls to Summit Structures LLC, one of the companies involved in building the $4 million facility, were not returned to The Associated Press on Sunday.

A Pennsylvania court ruled in December 2006 that Summit was negligent in the design and construction of a membrane-covered building that collapsed in 2003 after a major snowstorm in Philadelphia. The building was constructed for the Philadelphia Regional Port Authority.

I do feel for the families who were effected by this...I doubt Jerry Jones is shedding a tear though. He's more worried about his liability and being sued. As for the company that built the facility, I think they're in big trouble. 2nd time their structures have failed.

This is from ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4132947

Many of the high schools in the area have similar facilities, though generally 50 yards long. Hopefully they are looking at the safety of their structures.

For the record, the ST coach isn't paralyzed, thankfully. He has some broken vertebrae, but is expected to fully recover. Unfortunately the other guy wasn't so lucky. And as I said, I'm not a man of prayer but I hope both can come through this. I am intimately familiar with back injuries and know how much it sucks. It's true, there is nothing funny about this at all. It doesn't change the fact that if Jerry Jones was directly under one of those beams I wouldn't shed a single tear.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/sports-nfl...04210520000101/

maybe not the St coach but this person is seriously injured.