false optimism

Your "truths" are opinions. The "names" you wanted were just names you became familiar with. You're a bag o chips on the couch guy, and you think you know more than the Bills coaches about talent and scheme fits? Keep that hand in the bag, buddy. You have a problem with "1 year wonders" but you refer to Peters as an all pro. Here's news for ya: Peters was a one year wonder, too. There is absolutely nothing wrong with 2, 3, and 4. In fact, this post of yours is so juvenile, so whiny, so hollow, I'm gonna stop bothering to respond. Later, Bag O' Chips Guy.

What he said!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, How can a Bills fan be happy with what we see, our team is a train wreck!

1) "O" line is a disaster.. Our center was never an NFL starter, our projected guards are both rookies.. One tackle was a guard last year and the other tackle is OK at best

2) Our #1 pick was projected as a late first rounder.. He played 1 year of college and has a skillset of Chris Ellis.

3) Our second round pick was a CB to be converted into a safety..

4) Our rookie TE is a 4th rnd pick.. If he was a second rnd pick he would have been drafted in rnd 2 or maybe 3rd.. Hard to believe he'll make a difference.

Other factors'; we lose an all-pro T, we have no decent left lb, we have an unproven QB, oh yes, the Bills tiks will sell and sell and we'll miss the playoffs AGAIN.. another prediction after an 0-3 start, jauron will say to be "patient" because the line is unfamiliar with each other and Trent isn't used to T.O... We finish 3-13, "changes" are made, we sell out AGAIN etc. etc. etc.

I hope I'm wrong, but the above makes a lot of sense to me IMO.

Busterramsey, afcfan1, whichever you are or both, you're arguements are pretty compelling :unsure: OK, not really. Wood and Levitre are durable tough guys that will immediately change the attitude of this OL. Hangartner is a more than capable C replacement for Preston :thumbsup: and Fowler :( . It also helps that he faced Kris Jenkins(One of our arch enemies at the moment) in practice for 3 years. Maybin was not a late 1st projection. You must have taken to heart alot of the "expert" mock drafts out there. ;) He could be a bust. But then again, he could be the second coming of Michael Strahan. Byrd already has the size of a S, being 5'10" and 210lbs, and the coverage skills of a ball hawking CB. He is going to surprise alot of people this year at that position. Nelson was the 3rd ranked TE on most websites that I saw behind Pettigrew and Cook. To have him fall to us in the 4th Round was an EARLY Christmas gift. He will be an immediate upgrade over anyone we put on the field in '08. Also, about his blocking, Mayock talked about how willing a blocker he was at the Senior Bowl practices and how he performed well against the rest of the top Seniors in the country that week. We lost two fat boys off of the OL. One that was being a pompous jerk towards the team that even gave him a chance, the other was a bump on a log collecting a paycheck. 3-13? Are you serious? We will atleast keep up the trend and be 7-9 again. ;)

1) "O" line is a disaster.. Our center was never an NFL starter, our projected guards are both rookies.. One tackle was a guard last year and the other tackle is OK at best

2) Our #1 pick was projected as a late first rounder.. He played 1 year of college and has a skillset of Chris Ellis.

4) Our rookie TE is a 4th rnd pick.. If he was a second rnd pick he would have been drafted in rnd 2 or maybe 3rd.. Hard to believe he'll make a difference.

Other factors'; we lose an all-pro T, we have no decent left lb, we have an unproven QB, oh yes, the Bills tiks will sell and sell and we'll miss the playoffs AGAIN.. another prediction after an 0-3 start, jauron will say to be "patient" because the line is unfamiliar with each other and Trent isn't used to T.O... We finish 3-13, "changes" are made, we sell out AGAIN etc. etc. etc.

Yeah thats pretty much the worst case scenario. But every team in the NFL with the exception of the Pats and Steelers pretty much have a series of off season moves that can go wrong. Just look at the jets they could get old fast and their offense has a rookie qb and no targets and their o-line has a few injury risk on it with no real depth.

The Dolphins have that similar doomsday scenario. What if Joey Porter gets old and the rest of the defense follows suit. They invested too much in their secondary. and their qb is a walking injury waiting to happen. and they have no wide receivers and the league catches up to the wildcat. Every team can go 3-13 or 11-5 its just what goes right and what goes wrong. Its the Nfl most teams are mid level teams who pretty much count on the luck of the draw.

Funny,

I actually just got done speaking with a friend that is a scout for a NFL team.

He partially did agree with you about Maybin. He said he is young and will probably take a year to develope into a very good player.

As far as Wood and Levitre go, he could not have given the Bills better praise. He thinks Levitre will be a very good gaurd. And Woods will probably be the best player the Bills took in this draft.

He stated Byrd will make an immediate impact this year. He has good ball skills, but is just a little slow.

Nelson has all the tools to be great. The reason he lasted till the fourth was because he sometimes lost focus. He can make all the catches, but did not do it consitently in college.

You can spin this offseason either way. Some of the optimists with hope for a better year this year. While the pessimists will watch and think it is same ole same.

Just depends on who you are and what way you want to go thru life.

Me i will go with renewed optimism, its more fun.

Does anyone remember our old O-line of the early 90's. Wolford, Ritcher, Hull (can't remember the name of our right guard) Howard "the House" Ballard, and Pete Metzelaars. I think Finally our FO has gotten a clue and is beginning to put together a real O-line. It's about time. Success begins in the trenches. And we just drafted two potentially very solid O-linemen. Let's see if we draft more solid prospects next year.

Time will tell with the O-line. I consider myself pretty objective, and I like the looks of our new line more than the old one. I don't think anyone is saying we'll have a better LT, but that the line will act as a whole better. Reasons for optimism: these guys are real smart, they know what position they're in - so they should take it personal to bring back stability there, and toughness - these guys seem tough, and we need that. With our backs we should be able to get 2-3 yrds if we need them.

It's just as easy to say there are 2 rookies and new positions for each, and Butler and Walker playing new roles on top of that, and Hangartner being used in the past as more of a backup. True. I just percieve this group as being a group, and of being capable, and of having an identity. They seem like they are set on bringing back an attitude to the line. That's what I'm expecting to see.

Didn't mean to cause such a stir, just my opinion of MY team that hasn't made the playoffs in a decade.. I guess what bothers to me is do you guys think that being a "fan" mean we go with the company line.. How can you guys have faith in this organization when jauron has 1 winning season in 7 and our scouting staff has been intact thru the whole period of missing the playoffs? I hope I'm wrong , and the Bills go 13-3 but I don't see it.. To the dude who jumped on me about me stating that our new center was a starter when I said he wasn't, what I meant was he was a reserve who only started when an injury occured..look it up.

I will repeat myself, our first pick is a one horse pony with one year of college.. We had better alternatives.. Our new "O" lineup MAY have talent but so did Mike Williams.. 2 rookies starting on the line is a good thing??

There is way too much optimism about this team..

Of course with the Bills selling every seat, there is no need for Wilson to spend money.. So keep on cheering and giving your money to this organization, don't expect a winning record though.. Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it.

If you think the O-line is a disaster then you know nothing about football. Dockery was a scrub, Preston was a scrub. Peters is overrated. The line was actually better with him out of the lineup. All positions were filled with people that will be better.

Bills fans don't want people wissing in their cheerios this time of year so your gonna catch some flack if you speak your mind on the 09 season.

Although I tend to agree with the disaster statement because that O line has yet to play together and every spot on the line has changed, and yet... the OC is stating they will run the no huddle, constant shotguns again :thumbsup:

To all the Bills fans out there that think that rookie O linemen will step right in and play flawlessly, you are delusional. Usually teams draft linemen and they sit on the bench for 1-2 years before becoming starters, they do play ST though and back up the starters when needed.

i am so happy for you. you must be proud to have to power to see things so clearly.

The chronic pessimistic approach of some fans is laughable, even if Buffalo was winning they would complain about something it is not in there nature to be positive. I for one am very happy about the progress of the Bills this year. I was very happy with all of the changes in the offseason esp JP being traded. To all the pessimist go have sex with somebody besides yourself and maybe you will feel better.

Usually teams draft linemen and they sit on the bench for 1-2 years before becoming starters, they do play ST though and back up the starters when needed.

do you have proof of this, especially anymore than any other position? If you have a link showing linemen sit for 1-2 years before they start , can you provide it? Or at least some examples?

Linemen are just like most other players in the draft, if they come in and perform and show they are capable of being on the field, then they start. Most teams can't sit all of them and wait 1-2 years for them to develop. In certain cases it does happen, but more often than not it's not possible to sit them and let them mature. JMO

Your "truths" are opinions. The "names" you wanted were just names you became familiar with. You're a bag o chips on the couch guy, and you think you know more than the Bills coaches about talent and scheme fits? Keep that hand in the bag, buddy. You have a problem with "1 year wonders" but you refer to Peters as an all pro. Here's news for ya: Peters was a one year wonder, too. There is absolutely nothing wrong with 2, 3, and 4. In fact, this post of yours is so juvenile, so whiny, so hollow, I'm gonna stop bothering to respond. Later, Bag O' Chips Guy.

After 10 years of losing and going 0-6 in the division by a 3rd year coach, fans have a right to be pessimists about the team/draft. The pessimists have been right most of the time the last decade.

Why do the pessimists even bother if all the bills do is piss you off and make you mad. I get great joy out of the Bills. Sure last year was a hard pill to swallow maybe the most disapointing season I can remeber. I agree with many of you on that point. Many of you only have negative things to say, the FO sucks the team sucks the owner sucks. SUCK OFF PESSIMISTS, go route for someone else because you do not route for the Bills. Most of you are happy when they fail just so you can say I told you so.

It's not really pessimism it's frustration... After every year the Bills have sold us fans a bill of goods. We signed Bledsoe (sold out the next year), traded up for Losman (sold out the next year), bring in Marv (sold out the next year), and now sign T.O. and a C+ rookie crop and will again sell out.. Most of you guys are cheerleaders. True fans would see that the same scouting staff that has evaluated "talent" is still at it, we have a bonafide loser for a coach, and no football GM. So call me a pessimist, I call myself a fan!

Why do the pessimists even bother if all the bills do is piss you off and make you mad. I get great joy out of the Bills. Sure last year was a hard pill to swallow maybe the most disapointing season I can remeber. I agree with many of you on that point. Many of you only have negative things to say, the FO sucks the team sucks the owner sucks. SUCK OFF PESSIMISTS, go route for someone else because you do not route for the Bills. Most of you are happy when they fail just so you can say I told you so.

I get great joy out of the Bills, and want them to win.

But they haven't been to the playoffs in a decade. All I'm saying is that instead of attacking pessimists like I used to, I now listen to them as much as the optimists, because both make great points and the truth is usually in the middle Personally attacking a somebody because they have a negative view of a losing team makes the attacker a pollyanna with rose colored glasses.

You call yourself a fan? Fan is short for fanatic. So what are you fanatic about? How bad the Bills Suck? How much the front office sucks? How much pathetic head coach sucks? How the Bills rookies can't possibly be any good because they were drafted by an organization that sucks so they suck too?

Constant Negativity Sucks! Your version of being a fan sucks. You and all of the "Fans" like you suck. Your presence on this board sucks.

And in closing, this post sucks! I hope that I have managed to provide enough suckitude in this post for you to at least see how much reading your posts sucks for those of us who don't see the world thru suck colored glasses is!

You call yourself a fan? Fan is short for fanatic. So what are you fanatic about? How bad the Bills Suck? How much the front office sucks? How much pathetic head coach sucks? How the Bills rookies can't possibly be any good because they were drafted by an organization that sucks so they suck too?

Constant Negativity Sucks! Your version of being a fan sucks. You and all of the "Fans" like you suck. Your presence on this board sucks.

And in closing, this post sucks! I hope that I have managed to provide enough suckitude in this post for you to at least see how much reading your posts sucks for those of us who don't see the world thru suck colored glasses is!

Satisfied with a loser huh? You're the reason the Bills won't spend money on free agents, have a losing team, and are playing games in Toronto.

I'm as big a Bills fan as they come and want them to win more than anything, just because I criticize them for losing 10 years straight I suck and need to stop rooting for the team? Again, you personally attack me because I don't like losing?

I get great joy out of the Bills, and want them to win.

But they haven't been to the playoffs in a decade. All I'm saying is that instead of attacking pessimists like I used to, I now listen to them as much as the optimists, because both make great points and the truth is usually in the middle Personally attacking a somebody because they have a negative view of a losing team makes the attacker a pollyanna with rose colored glasses.

I have never been called a pollyanna before (not bad NYCBill), and I am a myopic homer at heart that is the truth. I will not deny it. But look at the improvements on this team and how can you not be happy. Buffalo has addressed major weakness in this team. If anyone watched the Bills last year how can you not deny that the interior offensive line play was abismal the absolute weakest part of out team. Needs addressed. Lee Evans versus opposing secondaries, that is not the case this year. Needs addressed. Pass rush. Needs addressed. Last year was maybe the most disappointing for me as a Bills fan this offseason might be the most encouraging for me as a Bills fan .

I apoligize if I offended anyone. Everyone has the absolute right to express there opinios and frustrations. Just try and remeber why you became fans and what it means to you. If it causes you this much grief maybe it is not worth it.