Owens, O-line on the agenda at Booster Club meeting

Lori

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I'm too tired to read all these great responses but I just wanted to say thanks to Lori for posting such a great article. I'm really liking this Brandon ALOT! Jason Peters was just about himself way too much. I'm not sorry that he's gone but I do think that this whole situation was unfortunate, especially for the Bills. We didn't need to deal with this crap that was going on it's second year and just before the draft again. This is a young team that is trying to go forward and this guy could give two hoots. Good riddance.

Thanks for posting the article Lori. Better than the local 'professional' writers and columns. When I read their articles it is like listening to 'Fair and Balanced' Fox more sales and shoving their opinions than news. Whenever I see the phrase 'Fair and Balanced' I translate it to 'willing to distort facts to my opinion'.

Did anyone ask why they do not do these near other events so those who come out of town?

I too would like to see Harris take the job, but Bowen deserves a shot. Not necessarily a starting shot, but a shot to prove himself in camp and the preseason games.

I'm not a fan of depending on any more rookie or inexperienced players than necessary. It appears that two OL positions will be manned by rookies. The OLB position may go to a guy returning from an ACL tear. FS could be a rookie. And while I love the new TE, he's a rookie as well. Hangartner has never been a full time starter at one position. And the pass rush needs help from a rookie though top pick.

Some of these positions may be in good hands and we don't know. But it's a gamble to hope rookies and guys who've never started full time are going to man those positions at a decent level. And this is before sliding the former RG to RT and old RT to LT. That's a lot of turnover from one season to the next.

I'm not a fan of depending on any more rookie or inexperienced players than necessary. It appears that two OL positions will be manned by rookies. The OLB position may go to a guy returning from an ACL tear. FS could be a rookie. And while I love the new TE, he's a rookie as well. Hangartner has never been a full time starter at one position. And the pass rush needs help from a rookie though top pick.

Some of these positions may be in good hands and we don't know. But it's a gamble to hope rookies and guys who've never started full time are going to man those positions at a decent level. And this is before sliding the former RG to RT and old RT to LT. That's a lot of turnover from one season to the next.

I'm assuming most of the rookies will not be starting on opening day, but rather worked into the lineup. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wood and/or Levitre start on opening day, though. I also expect Maybin to get regular time on D, but maybe not as the "starting DE".

I'm not that concerned about who starts, anyway. You know DBs will see plenty of action, and I'm guessing the LBs will, too.

I'm assuming most of the rookies will not be starting on opening day, but rather worked into the lineup. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wood and/or Levitre start on opening day, though. I also expect Maybin to get regular time on D, but maybe not as the "starting DE".

I'm not that concerned about who starts, anyway. You know DBs will see plenty of action, and I'm guessing the LBs will, too.

There are so many ifs and hopefullys each year with the Bills. And while it's the NFL and turnover happens with UFA and injuries, Buffalo needs so much to go right to have any chance at the post-season.

There are going to be a lot of new players getting significant PT. And new does not always equal better.

I hope those DB's aren't seeing as much action this year. Rather, I'd like to see more sacks and pressure. Have high hopes for Maybin to help there.

There are so many ifs and hopefullys each year with the Bills. And while it's the NFL and turnover happens with UFA and injuries, Buffalo needs so much to go right to have any chance at the post-season.

There are going to be a lot of new players getting significant PT. And new does not always equal better.

I hope those DB's aren't seeing as much action this year. Rather, I'd like to see more sacks and pressure. Have high hopes for Maybin to help there.

I hear ya with the new guys...you don't know until they play. Truthfully, though, I'd like to see them take some risks, this year.

As for the DBs getting action, I think I understand what you are saying...and I agree. But, they will get playing time. Hopefully, they will see less "action" unless they are dishing some of it out.

Beerball......asking for a little speculation here. There is NO way to tell, and I understand this.

My question is, if we kept Peters, do you think that we would have taken Wood and Levitre in this draft?

Wood would not have been around for the Bills second pick.