The Minnesota Vikings

Virgil

Let me start by saying that I don't know much more about the Vikings than any other NFL fan who owns a fantasy team.

With that, in such a weak division with a great running game and defense, it appears that the only piece missing is a QB. In fact, I know that I hear a lot about how if they had a decent Qb, they would be without question a Superbowl Contender.

With that, I would have to think that of all the fans who should be the most upset about this offseason and draft it should be Vikings fans. Why did they not try to trade up for Sanchez or even Freeman. I'm not saying that either of them are definitely going to pan out, but atleast it's an effort. Where were they with the Cassell trade. If i'm one player away, I would almost overpay for that player and make my run.

I recognize that there are worse teams out there, but the Vikings just seem like a team so close with an obvious hole to fill. Anyone with thoughts or info on the team?

Let me start by saying that I don't know much more about the Vikings than any other NFL fan who owns a fantasy team.

With that, in such a weak division with a great running game and defense, it appears that the only piece missing is a QB. In fact, I know that I hear a lot about how if they had a decent Qb, they would be without question a Superbowl Contender.

With that, I would have to think that of all the fans who should be the most upset about this offseason and draft it should be Vikings fans. Why did they not try to trade up for Sanchez or even Freeman. I'm not saying that either of them are definitely going to pan out, but atleast it's an effort. Where were they with the Cassell trade. If i'm one player away, I would almost overpay for that player and make my run.

I recognize that there are worse teams out there, but the Vikings just seem like a team so close with an obvious hole to fill. Anyone with thoughts or info on the team?

Maybe they don't think the players you named are actually that much of an upgrade or one at all. Jackson has shown signs (4 td passes against the SB runner up Cards on the road) and Sage R is a pretty solid when he doesn't try to go head first over the pile.

I won't be surprised at all to see the Vikes make a deep playoff run.

Maybe they don't think the players you named are actually that much of an upgrade or one at all. Jackson has shown signs (4 td passes against the SB runner up Cards on the road) and Sage R is a pretty solid when he doesn't try to go head first over the pile.

I know its off topic but the end to that game has to rank right up there with the top regular season collapses of all time.

While not the savior, Sage Rosenfels is not a bad QB. Had some good games with Houston while Schaub was hurt.

After I created this post, I went over to some of the Vikings message boards and a lot of the fans were hoping to bring in Jeff Garcia, have Jackson be the back-up, and cut Sage. I thought that was interesting.

Also, when I read through their "Draft" thread, there really wasn't a call for qb's. I find that bizarre.

After I created this post, I went over to some of the Vikings message boards and a lot of the fans were hoping to bring in Jeff Garcia, have Jackson be the back-up, and cut Sage. I thought that was interesting.

Also, when I read through their "Draft" thread, there really wasn't a call for qb's. I find that bizarre.

Yep, good team but no real answer at QB.

I think the Vikes had an amazing draft for their offense. They added a playmaking receiver and a huge tackle who is light on his feet. Rosenfells is a smart kid, and the passing game is going to take some pressure off of Peterson.

This could be the year we add to the 2,000 yard club.

Brad Childress is arrogant like Andy Reid and a lot of other coaches that believe the system is more important then any player which is why Andy Reid refuses to go out and get a #1 WR. The one time he did they had an amazing offense with Owens but we all know how that ended. I like Maclain but he is the same type of player as DeSean Jackson who they drafted last year.

Unless the Vikes have a great year and win a couple playoff games this will be Brad's last year there

The Vikings would have to contend with a very solid NY Giants and a completely loaded Philadelphia Eagles, not to mention a very strong NFC South with New Orleans improving itself quite well.

Brad Childress is arrogant like Andy Reid and a lot of other coaches that believe the system is more important then any player which is why Andy Reid refuses to go out and get a #1 WR. The one time he did they had an amazing offense with Owens but we all know how that ended. I like Maclain but he is the same type of player as DeSean Jackson who they drafted last year.

Unless the Vikes have a great year and win a couple playoff games this will be Brad's last year there

Brad gets his team into the playoffs and he's on the hot seat.

Our coach leads us to a stunning collapse and 7-9 season and he's awarded a three year deal because Big Cat thinks he's a heck of nice fellow...

Where is the justice in the NFL?!?