Red country, Blue Country

Just for fun, imagine if the country was split into the two factions and the red states were one country and the blue states were the other. Kerry was President of the Blue Country and Bush was the President for the Red Country, and we just lived apart from each other for a decade or two.

Seems like the major engines of this country are in the blue country. Wall Street, the industrial midwest, Washington, DC, the Universities, the corporations, the arts, the cultural diversity, the intellectual centers, the fifth largest ecconomy in the world, Silicon Valley, Redwood. I don't know about you, but I ain't moving to no red state.

You guys got, what, churches, NASCAR and Vanderbilt? :unsure:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for fun, imagine if the country was split into the two factions and the red states were one country and the blue states were the other. Kerry was President of the Blue Country and Bush was the President for the Red Country, and we just lived apart from each other for a decade or two.

I don't know about you but the major engines of this country are in the blue country. Wall Street, the industrial midwest, Washington, DC, the Universities, the corporations, the arts, the cultural diversity, the intellectual centers, the fifth largest ecconomy in the world, Silicon Valley, Redwood. I don't know about you, but I ain't moving to no red state.

You guys got, what, churches, NASCAR and Vanderbilt?  :unsure:

102017[/snapback]

Yeah...but all those salaries in the Blue country will be so expensive, you'll end up outsourcing them to Red. Then there's the housing issue...real estate tends to be expensive in Blue. And of course, most of the food production is in Red; Blue probably can't feed itself and becomes a net importer of food. And if Blue wants to ship via the Mississippi (as the upper Midwest Blue states would need to)...hope you don't mind those Red tarriffs and export restrictions on the lower Mississippi...

Plus...Red's got a huge chunk of natural resources, including most of the National Parkland. Keep your friggin' "Culture"...I'll take the Rockies, myself. :D

Is Springfield still in working order? Besides, we got most of the automatic weapons and criminals willing to use them. And I believe most of the defense contractors.

102046[/snapback]

But Red's got all the open land for training. Where you going to train, Brooklyn?

Yeah...but all those salaries in the Blue country will be so expensive, you'll end up outsourcing them to Red.  Then there's the housing issue...real estate tends to be expensive in Blue.  And of course, most of the food production is in Red; Blue probably can't feed itself and becomes a net importer of food.  And if Blue wants to ship via the Mississippi (as the upper Midwest Blue states would need to)...hope you don't mind those Red tarriffs and export restrictions on the lower Mississippi... 

Plus...Red's got a huge chunk of natural resources, including most of the National Parkland.  Keep your friggin' "Culture"...I'll take the Rockies, myself.  :unsure:

102042[/snapback]

Go on, Tom, admit it. You be bleedin' blue and you know it.

Actually, the red states have DUKE UNIVERSITY, the research triangle, the Coca-Cola company, Disney, Arizona state, University of Colorado, etc....etc....

102041[/snapback]

ARIZONA STATE?! All you need to get into Arizona State is a pair of shorts or bikini that are one size too small.

Makes you wonder why the electoral votes are all shifting to red states every time we have a census.

If Kerry and Bush won all the same states but we used the electoral vote distributions from 1960 to 1980, Kerry would have won.

But the votes he wins increase from 84/88 to 92/96/2000 and finally to 2004.

Ouch. Can tell you're a bitter UCLA type :unsure:

102060[/snapback]

No, I LOVE ASU, that's my team. And the women of Tempe are awesome. Plus I DESPISE all things UCLA (except their women, and the campus is kinda cool looking). I lived a five minute walk from ASU for several years. I just know what it takes to get in there academically, although it has greatly improved over the last 10-20 years in academics.

Is Springfield still in working order? Besides, we got most of the automatic weapons and criminals willing to use them. And I believe most of the defense contractors.

102046[/snapback]

They may be willing to use them. The difference is, we KNOW how to use them AND are willing. BIG difference.