Ralph Wilson Stadium

Why do they tarp off so many seats ?????????????

Because it seems that all their football fans only go to games on Saturdays in Jacksonville. As NFL Buffalo Bills fans, why should we care if Jacksonville has better college football fans then Buffalo does? The fact remains, that the Jags fans suck compared to Bills fans!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probaly gonna take a huge swing on this but JACKSONVILLE FANS ARE BETTER THAN BILLS FANS...Sorry I love the bills but jacksonville is a college town with way more deticaded fans than than buffalo... With jacksonville being the number one city in america for turning college and NFL players im pretty sure they like football.. The Fact is Jacksonville has three teams the Gators,Noles, and Bulldogs.... AND BY THE WAY I HATE JACKSONVILLE.. so just because they have a sh------- NFL Fanbase.. there college fanbase,fan dedication, far surpass Buffalo..sorry.. Find somone else on this board from jacksonville and they will tell you the exact same thing..GO BILLS

Jacsonville has fans? Not what I seen when stationed in Mayport! FREE TICKETS for every home game and the ENTIRE upper deck had tarps over the seats except one for the military section.

Please man, Jacksonville is what it is for NFL football, a waste of time and a great place if your a Miami Dolphins fan not wanting to make the drive.

The stadium is in great shape... definitely long lines for bathrooms during end of quarter and 1/2 but what do you expect?It's not a dump it's well maintained and well kept. They could probably re -pave the lot but what's the use when somebody is lighting a 20 ft. bon fire on the pavement. I live in KC have season tickets to the Bills and when I bring friends back they are in awe of the experience. In short.... the people make the stadium.

Doesn't change the facts...when the deal with Rich Products ran out, the stadium was called Buffalo Bills Stadium. To say that it was Ralph's idea to name it after him is ignorant at best. The Governor and the Erie County Commissioner proposed the idea...Ralph merely went along with it

I think that still makes him an ego maniac. He could have said no.

Jacsonville has fans? Not what I seen when stationed in Mayport! FREE TICKETS for every home game and the ENTIRE upper deck had tarps over the seats except one for the military section.

Please man, Jacksonville is what it is for NFL football, a waste of time and a great place if your a Miami Dolphins fan not wanting to make the drive.

Did you read my thread I said Football in General in Jacksonville is bigger and has more dedication than in Buffalo... For the simple fact that college is bigger

Reasons why there is no support for jags

1) Simply dont care about the NFL

2)Are at the game in Gainsville,Talahasse, or Athens and dont want to go to an NFL game eithier because they have no more money or are tired

3) " HAVE ONLY HEARD THIS ONE DONT BELIEVE IT" People think that the jags are safe so they dont go... people think that the jags are here to stay because of the growing population here will reach 5 million in the next 10 years... and heres the biggest one of all the potential new owner for the jags is already in place.. PAUL TAGLIABBUE(sorry if spelled worng) yes our old commisoner is speculated to buy the Jaguars and keep them in jacksonville because frankly he is obsessed with the area and was the guy who ultemently brought them to jacksonville

YOU HAVE TO BLIND OR LIVE IN A HOLE TO NOT SEE THAT NAVY

Did you read my thread I said Football in General in Jacksonville is bigger and has more dedication than in Buffalo... For the simple fact that college is bigger

Reasons why there id no support for jags

1) Simply dont care about the NFL

2)Are at the game in Gainsville,Talahasse, or Athens and dont want to go to an NFL game eithier because they have no more money or are tired

3) " HAVE ONLY HEARD THIS ONE DONT BELIEVE IT" People think that the jags are safe so they dont go... people think that the jags are here to stay because of the growing population here will reach 5 million in the next 10 years... and heres the biggest one of all the potential new owner for the jags is already in place.. PAUL TAGLIABBUZR(sorry if spelled worng) yes our old commisoner is speculated to buy the Jaguars and keep them in jacksonville because frankly he is obsessed with the area and was the guy who ultemently brought them to jacksonville

YOU HAVE TO BLIND OR LIVE IN A HOLE TO NOT SEE THAT NAVY

What do college football fans have to do with a discussion centering on the NFL?

BTW, from what I see of the college football fans down here, they suck, too.

I was just wondering for the people who have traveled to different cities to watch NFL games.... I was just wondering if anybody can name a stadium worse than the Ralph..The reason why I say that is because I keep hearing that RWS is the worst..the only one I could think of was Mcaffe Coliseum in Oakland.... Does anybody have anything else.

The Stadium in Jax................they have to cover 1/2 the seats with TARPS.

The Stadium in Jax................they have to cover 1/2 the seats with TARPS.

Lack of NFL support, also the seating capacity has been lengthened form 70,000 to 74,000 in 2003 because of the fact of the florida and georgia game is played there every year.. ACC Championsip... and Gator bowl..

HAA I LOVE ALL THE JAX CHEAPSHOTS...I HATE JACKSONVILLE AS MUCH AS ANYONE.LMAO

Fins fans would rather watch the Fish on TV than go to a Jags game in person. The ONLY time you will see a Fins fan in Jax is when Miami is the Away team @ Jax.

One that I only saw one other person mention here was Seattle.

Qwest Field's design is such that the roof on top of the sidelines actually reverberates the noise back down onto the field and the seating bowl. It's a really unique and deliberate quirk about the stadium. Supposedly, the Seahawks lead in opposing team false start penalties since Qwest opened seven years ago...a stat that I'm not sure any other team keeps, either. :)

They also have that vertical video board on top of the Hawks Nest bleachers section, with the skyline of Downtown Seattle beyond that...very cool. Qwest Field is one of the few NFL stadiums that I'd like to venture to someday, because it is one of a kind.

The Ralph is nowhere close to the worst stadium in the league. For starters, it is a far superior place to watch a game than the dump in Jacksonville.

Ive been to JAX stadium and it sucks for a newer venue...however the scene at the landing is fun and being able to take a boat right to the stadium from the landing is pretty cool too. I will say the Ralph is a dump too. Its dingy and has run its course in time.

Ive been to JAX stadium and it sucks for a newer venue...however the scene at the landing is fun and being able to take a boat right to the stadium from the landing is pretty cool too. I will say the Ralph is a dump too. Its dingy and has run its course in time.

The Ralph is an older stadium that obviously needs to be refurbished or replaced, at some time. But when you are in your seat, watching a game, it is a perfectly fine stadium and a great place to watch football. I can't say the same thing about some other NFL stadiums, including JAX.

One that I only saw one other person mention here was Seattle.

Qwest Field's design is such that the roof on top of the sidelines actually reverberates the noise back down onto the field and the seating bowl. It's a really unique and deliberate quirk about the stadium. Supposedly, the Seahawks lead in opposing team false start penalties since Qwest opened seven years ago...a stat that I'm not sure any other team keeps, either. :pirate:

They also have that vertical video board on top of the Hawks Nest bleachers section, with the skyline of Downtown Seattle beyond that...very cool. Qwest Field is one of the few NFL stadiums that I'd like to venture to someday, because it is one of a kind.

definitely a great stadium, IMO. I was there in 2004...I was able to look out over Puget Sound from my seats...outstanding view

The Ralph is an older stadium that obviously needs to be refurbished or replaced, at some time. But when you are in your seat, watching a game, it is a perfectly fine stadium and a great place to watch football. I can't say the same thing about some other NFL stadiums, including JAX.

refurbished...won't need replaced for a LONG time

Original Question:

I was just wondering for the people who have traveled to different cities to watch NFL games.... I was just wondering if anybody can name a stadium worse than the Ralph..The reason why I say that is because I keep hearing that RWS is the worst..the only one I could think of was Mcaffe Coliseum in Oakland.... Does anybody have anything else.

Darwinist Devolution:

No wonder I do not participate in a lot of conversations here!

BTW: The Ralph is a fine place to tailgate and watch a game. As long as they maintain it - it will last for YEARS! The only other stadiums I have been to were the Rockpile and the old Yankee Stadium, and I like the Ralph better. :pirate:

I have been to San Diego they need a new stadium badly, bad sight lines in both end zones

The old dog pound in Cleveland was worse than the Rockpile

I like the Rich Stadium....err the Ralph because if you think about it there is not a bad seat in the house.

I think that still makes him an ego maniac. He could have said no.

That or he could have renamed it Buffalo Bills Stadium or he could have sold the naming rights. If my wife bought me a new car with a vanity plate with my name on it, I'd be flattered...and then I'd change it to a generic license plate. But that's just me.

On the other subject, I love the Ralph. My only criticism is that it's not vertical enough. I know this has to do with building codes more than anything else but I'd rather have steeper walkways and be more on top of the field as opposed to farther back from it. I loved the balcony in the old aud and for anyone who had been in the upper level at the old Yankee Stadium, you know what I mean. I'd rather have the fear of falling accompanied by the feeling of being on top of the field as opposed to the setback feeling I get from so many of the new stadiums.

I'm with you. But new owners looking for more suites, and such, may have a different idea.

We added new suites a decade ago and were looking to add some more recently. Thing is, are the suites selling out? I thought they weren't as it is

• 2 months later...