I always defend WGR...

ans4e64

A good thing I think to for hosts of call in shows like these to keep in mind is a number of listeners and callers are people whom sadly have also had some real bad things happen to them and their families. I am not minimizing what happened, but some folks obviously have had far worse things inflicted on them than what we're discussing...

You never know what the person on the other end of the phone is going through or has gone through.

Also a valid point.

Yay ... 20 pages. :wallbash:

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Quest for 20 continues:

(edit: bah, Lori beat me to it)

1. I still don't see how Schopp's comments "get ratings". Those of use who listen off and on to WGR when we can(traveling, no planned conference calls, meetings, etc.) aren't going to change that due to our schedule. Those of us that don't listen at all, aren't going to start listening because of a thread like this, or comments like Schopp's, and those of us who are Schopp fanbois(um Preston) are fanbois. So again, I don't see how Schopp's comments are "getting ratings", and therefore can be excused.

god have mercy.

that's what i meant. kelly's comments were edgy but also relatively positive. edgy positive. it's not an easy thing to do and i thought kelly might have captured this elusive thing because it's a careful line to walk for any columnist.

jw

Can this be defined as edgy positive? We apparently have standards to live up to now. :doh: And this:

so to explain: i :wallbash: was :wallbash: actually :wallbash: agreeing :wallbash: with :wallbash: you. :wallbash:

is hysterical :worthy::worthy::w00t: (just seeing how many wallbashes I can pack into a single post)

1. I still don't see how Schopp's comments "get ratings". Those of use who listen off and on to WGR when we can(traveling, no planned conference calls, meetings, etc.) aren't going to change that due to our schedule. Those of us that don't listen at all, aren't going to start listening because of a thread like this, or comments like Schopp's, and those of us who are Schopp fanbois(um Preston) are fanbois. So again, I don't see how Schopp's comments are "getting ratings", and therefore can be excused.

Because it's a consistently high rated show accorded to Arbitron and he has nothing much to offer besides crankiness? He's not particularly knowledgeable, or funny, or entertaining, or inventive. Being bitchy is pretty much his entire schtick.

Because it's a consistently high rated show accorded to Arbitron and he has nothing much to offer besides crankiness? He's not particularly knowledgeable, or funny, or entertaining, or inventive. Being bitchy is pretty much his entire schtick.

I guess I should have said, I don't see how complaining about talking about the Bills improves ratings, or changes anything really. So what purpose does it serve other than creating problems for Schopp? He could have not said it, schtick notwithstanding, and it wouldn't have mattered. So why be an idiot?

I guess I should have said, I don't see how complaining about talking about the Bills improves ratings, or changes anything really. So what purpose does it serve other than creating problems for Schopp? He could have not said it, schtick notwithstanding, and it wouldn't have mattered. So why be an idiot?

I guess that's my point, if he doesn't play the idiot, what does he do? It really is true in talk radio that any pub is good pub, and people will listen as much to infuriate themselves as they will to agree with the host. It's why I listen to Rush Limbaugh more than Air America. :devil:

Can this be defined as edgy positive? We apparently have standards to live up to now. :D And this:

is hysterical :devil::devil::( (just seeing how many wallbashes I can pack into a single post)

You can keep taking shots at me in your post or purposely keep mis-spelling Schoop's name but I challenge you to listen to the audio vault with regards to the two biggest Bills' stories of the summer and tell me that he is constantly negative.

He has repeatedly lauded the signing of T.O. and praised Russ Brandon for making a quick decision in trading Jason Peters. All this was done before the statement that started this thread.

In fact, it was the Bulldog who was critical of the Peters trade when the deal was announced.

Two other facts you may or not care about;

1)I am not a "fanbois." In fact my schedule only allows me to listen about once a week and no, I don't always agree with the show's content.

2)Mike held season tickets to the Bills for many years even after he was assigned to do the post game show and he couldn't use the tickets. He gave them up when like I, he couldn't give them away during the Donahoe era. How many of you "great fans" support the team with your wallet?

Sorry J and L

2)Mike held season tickets to the Bills for many years even after he was assigned to do the post game show and he couldn't use the tickets. He gave them up when like I, he couldn't give them away during the Donahoe era. How many of you "great fans" support the team with your wallet?

Sorry J and L

I was thinking that probably a lot of the animosity on the board here towards MS is from that post-game show. I've said many times on this thread that I really like the S&B show. But, on the post-game, he doesn't want to be there, and it comes out. Somebody else should be doing that show.........That is when he is way more condenscending (sp?) than he is now on the afternoon show. Hangs up on everybody real quick, etc. It makes no sense to have him on that show.

You can keep taking shots at me in your post

Because you keep posting things like this

or purposely keep mis-spelling Schoop's name

It's SCHOPP there genius. If you are going to be critical of spelling, work on your own first. :devil: Perhaps you need to get back to carrying Schopp's water.

but I challenge you to listen to the audio vault with regards to the two biggest Bills' stories of the summer and tell me that he is constantly negative.

And if that had any relevance to the point of this thread, which is specifically about what he said the other day, then I would gladly accept your challenge and tell you that he has been positive about both the TO and the Peters issues. But it's not relevant to this thread, so no I don't accept your irrelevant challenge.

1)I am not a "fanbois."

The hell you aren't, and fanbois is the plural form of fanboi. Here you are still trying to change the damn subject 20 pages into this thread. That is the very definition of "FanBoy".

In fact my schedule only allows me to listen about once a week and no, I don't always agree with the show's content.

Bull. As evidenced by the fact that a causal Schopp and Bulldog listener like myself would not know that:

2)Mike held season tickets to the Bills for many years even after he was assigned to do the post game show and he couldn't use the tickets.
He gave them up when like I, he couldn't give them away during the Donahoe era. How many of you "great fans" support the team with your wallet?

So now we are trying to marginalize people's right to demand Schopp talk about the Bills in return for their time, based on who pays what? Lame...ass...BS. But even if it wasn't, you are screwed compared to me, because of my crazy schedule and my job, I usually have to go through hell to see games and pay for it dearly.

Sometimes I can't make home games at all (last year was a nice exception) so I end up paying out the azz to go to away games in NYC or Miami, etc. I have blown 1000's getting back to Buffalo so I could go to the game with my extended family, etc. over my lifetime. Most season ticket holders can't even hold a candle to me in terms of total $$$ spent.

And still, none of what you said changes the fact that Schopp was an idiot for saying what he said.

Because you keep posting things like this

It's SCHOPP there genius. If you are going to be critical of spelling, work on your own first. :devil: Perhaps you need to get back to carrying Schopp's water.

And if that had any relevance to the point of this thread, which is specifically about what he said the other day, then I would gladly accept your challenge and tell you that he has been positive about both the TO and the Peters issues. But it's not relevant to this thread, so no I don't accept your irrelevant challenge.

The hell you aren't, and fanbois is the plural form of fanboi. Here you are still trying to change the damn subject 20 pages into this thread. That is the very definition of "FanBoy".

Bull. As evidenced by the fact that a causal Schopp and Bulldog listener like myself would not know that:

So now we are trying to marginalize people's right to demand Schopp talk about the Bills in return for their time, based on who pays what? Lame...ass...BS. But even if it wasn't, you are screwed compared to me, because of my crazy schedule and my job, I usually have to go through hell to see games and pay for it dearly.

Sometimes I can't make home games at all (last year was a nice exception) so I end up paying out the azz to go to away games in NYC or Miami, etc. I have blown 1000's getting back to Buffalo so I could go to the game with my extended family, etc. over my lifetime. Most season ticket holders can't even hold a candle to me in terms of total $$$ spent.

And still, none of what you said changes the fact that Schopp was an idiot for saying what he said.

Anytime you want to come out from behind that keyboard we will compare expense accounts and my knowledge of facts and then we can let the rest of the posters decide who the idiot is. You have turned this thread into more then what initially was and in a typically cowardly fashion don't take me up on my first challenge and again avoid the second challenge because typically don't want to dare get facts in the way of your agenda. Good bye and enjoy your little fantasies.

Anytime you want to come out from behind that keyboard we will compare expense accounts and my knowledge of facts and then we can let the rest of the posters decide who the idiot is. You have turned this thread into more then what initially was and in a typically cowardly fashion don't take me up on my first challenge and again avoid the second challenge because typically don't want to dare get facts in the way of your agenda. Good bye and enjoy your little fantasies.

Buddy, you may want to re-think using the word coward in reference to me. Seek life elsewhere, this is a bad plan for you. :devil:

With that said, re-read my post, I did respond to your challenge explicitly, but it's still irrelevant to the point of this thread. I honestly have no idea what your "first challenge" was, but how about you go back and answer any one of my 5 questions before you start talking about who did what?

Your comments have driven this entire thread, you have no one to blame but yourself, because you keep saying things like "the big joke when the mikes are off is". And when I ask you "what mike?" you obfuscate for 5 pages.

But, I guarantee that you will keep posting here and keep carrying water for Schopp(figured out how to spell his name right yet pal?). Go ahead and prove me wrong.

You can keep taking shots at me in your post or purposely keep mis-spelling Schoop's name but I challenge you to listen to the audio vault with regards to the two biggest Bills' stories of the summer and tell me that he is constantly negative.

He has repeatedly lauded the signing of T.O. and praised Russ Brandon for making a quick decision in trading Jason Peters. All this was done before the statement that started this thread.

In fact, it was the Bulldog who was critical of the Peters trade when the deal was announced.

1)I am not a "fanbois." In fact my schedule only allows me to listen about once a week and no, I don't always agree with the show's content.

Sorry J and L

Who exactly are you referring to when you say, "you great fans"??

The mere fact you typed in your 2nd point proves point 1 to be false. You are, in fact, a FANBOI.

Point 2 is nothing more than a "my wee-wee is bigger than yours.." post, discrediting anything else you've said up until then and anything else you may say. Great, you and Mike spend lots of money on the Bills, that's awesome, you and Mike are the winners.....of.......nothing.....at all. Good day, sir! :devil:

Get with the program. We compare cars around here. :devil:

so, now that we've ruffled enough feathers, accused some of being water carriers and comparing bank accounts, been assinated and, perhaps, asinine (writer's license, it worked here in the sentence, so directed at no one) what have we learned here?

that people can be opinionated and stubborn and insensitive. and perhaps calmer heads should prevail and a group hug be in order because ... ah, screw it, page 21 is just around the corner.

jw

so, now that we've ruffled enough feathers, accused some of being water carriers and comparing bank accounts, been assinated and, perhaps, asinine (writer's license, it worked here in the sentence, so directed at no one) what have we learned here?

that people can be opinionated and stubborn and insensitive. and perhaps calmer heads should prevail and a group hug be in order because ... ah, screw it, page 21 is just around the corner.

jw

And you're talking about the nice board. Come on over to the dark side of PPP, and see the real fun stuff.

And you're talking about the nice board. Come on over to the dark side of PPP, and see the real fun stuff.

what, like dancin' girls (or boys or both, depending on preferences, and not that there's anything wrong with that), hard liquor and such? does Lori know about this? :devil:

jw

what, like dancin' girls (or boys or both, depending on preferences, and not that there's anything wrong with that), hard liquor and such? does Lori know about this? :devil:

jw

Something like that. Lori is wise enough to avoid the place for 363 days of the year.