PlayMakers

Magox

What I liked about this year's draft, is that out of the first 5 picks, 3 of them are potential big time playmakers, and the other two are solid, big potential 10 year starters in the interior line.

Maybin has the most explosive first step and one of the longest arms out of this year's DE prospects. He has the potential to be an NFL sack leader.

Jairus Byrd has got tremendous ball hawking skills, a great feel for the game, very productive college career with 17 ints.

Shawn Nelson 6'5 TE who runs a 4.52 40 and a very productive college career. A player with great hands who can stretch the field for us.

We havn't drafted too many playmakers over the last few years, and to me I believe that the Bills made a concerted effort to address that area early in the draft.

:rolleyes:

Jairus Byrd has got tremendous ball hawking skills, a great feel for the game, very productive college career with 17 ints.

I was initially upset with this pick seeing that he was a cornerback. But now that they are playing him at safety, I couldn't be happier. We need a playmaker back there and Whitner and Simpson just don't make plays. :rolleyes:

What I liked about this year's draft, is that out of the first 5 picks, 3 of them are potential big time playmakers, and the other two are solid, big potential 10 year starters in the interior line.

Maybin has the most explosive first step and one of the longest arms out of this year's DE prospects. He has the potential to be an NFL sack leader.

Shawn Nelson 6'5 TE who runs a 4.52 40 and a very productive college career. A player with great hands who can stretch the field for us.

We havn't drafted too many playmakers over the last few years, and to me I believe that the Bills made a concerted effort to address that area early in the draft.

:rolleyes:

I like the Nelson pick a lot and have been waiting for years for a pass catching TE. But Nelson wasn't known for, and didn't make a ton of plays in college, at least statwise. There could be a million reasons for that, but he wasn't known for scoring a lot of TDs or even catching a ton of passes. He played four years and averaged four TDs a year (5 twice and 3 twice). He caught about 35 passes three straight years and as a senior caught 53 as their main target (but his per catch wet down to a pedestrian 10.5 or so). I don't think he is going to make a lot of big plays for us, but I think he can be a very valuable cog.

What was funny to me reading what the scouts and pundits had to say about him was that some seemed to say that his similar numbers over four straight years showed a terrific consistency, and this was a good thing. Yet others worried that he never showed any real improvement, and this was a bad thing. :w00t: