Thought this was funny...

DaGimp

Titans To Sign Mort’s Kid

Posted by Mike Florio on April 27, 2009, 11:16 a.m.

Though we didn’t see it, several readers tell us that an awkward exchange unfolded on Sunday between ESPN’s Mel Kiper, Jr. and Chris Mortensen, regarding Mort Jr.

As we hear it, Kiper was asked to assess the pro prospects of quarterback Alex Mortensen (hey, same first name as Florio, Jr. . . . and no one cares). Kiper basically said that the younger Mortensen should get into coaching. The elder Mort was, we’re told, shocked by the candor.

Apparently, the Titans disagree with Kiper.

According to Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper, the Titans have inked quarterback Alex Mortensen as an undrafted free agent.

Meanwhile, no team has ever asked Kiper to do anything other than shut up.

I thought it was funny as well.

As I recall, Mort's son transferred from the college he originally went to because of the QB competition. I am too busy to look it up right now.

Arkansas? If I remember correctly he jumped on Matt Jones because of his kid's association. How'd that work out J-ville?

Titans To Sign Mort’s Kid

Posted by Mike Florio on April 27, 2009, 11:16 a.m.

Though we didn’t see it, several readers tell us that an awkward exchange unfolded on Sunday between ESPN’s Mel Kiper, Jr. and Chris Mortensen, regarding Mort Jr.

As we hear it, Kiper was asked to assess the pro prospects of quarterback Alex Mortensen (hey, same first name as Florio, Jr. . . . and no one cares). Kiper basically said that the younger Mortensen should get into coaching. The elder Mort was, we’re told, shocked by the candor.

Apparently, the Titans disagree with Kiper.

According to Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper, the Titans have inked quarterback Alex Mortensen as an undrafted free agent.

Meanwhile, no team has ever asked Kiper to do anything other than shut up.

Mel is paid to give his opinions, and then everyone hates him when he does. Hey Mort: if you don't want the answer, don't ask the question.

Arkansas? If I remember correctly he jumped on Matt Jones because of his kid's association. How'd that work out J-ville?

I'm shocked you would suggest that Mort would ever let his personal feelings affect his journalsitic ethics. :rolleyes:

PTR

Mort was a complete joke at the draft table yesterday. He could have been the guy they cut to from time to time back in the studio. It should have been Wingo, Jaws and Kiper, losing Mort and Herm Edwards.

Speaking of ESPN's coverage, day 1 should be Boomer and Kiper. I guess since the networks think is is good to have a cast of thousands on the pregame show, it should be the same thing in regards to the draft. They need to be reminded of the KISS principle.