Should Bledsoe be done for the Preseason?

I personally think that if, at his age, he still needs practive, then we are in trouble anyway. I think he should practice with the team (in a NEON PURPLE jersey, so as to stick out better than red), and that's that. I know the coaching staff wont do that, but he better see VERY limited play for the next two games. If he goes down, and we dont even have the HOPE that JP Losman can be a rookie phenom, our season would be in the crapper, just like Miami's.

Question is, do you think he should see less time now that JP is done?

The last time Bledsoe ran, he almost had his lung ripped out of his body (in New England). I'm not worried about Drew getting hurt running around since he won't do it again. I think he does need serious work against Indy and lead us to a couple TD's. If so, he can sit out the Detroit game for all I care.

I don't think we should change the amount of time Bledsoe is playing in the preseason. He's proven to be a very tough QB throughout his career, and with his lack of mobility, I think he has less chance of getting hurt. I think that the scrambling quarterbacks run the greater risk of injury. I would still like to see Bledsoe and the first string offense getting some quality reps in game situations prior to September 12. I don't think playing it overly safe will help at all.

I would like to see Losman put on the IR, if there is anybody worthwhile that we might be able to bring in as a third stringer, unless MM intends to have Losman as #2 and Brown as #3.

Steve,

Once again you have proved your a moron. It doesn't matter how long you have been in the league you still need to practice everyday.

If you haven't noticed this sport is called football and people hit each other. You can't babysit someone like that.

Steve,

Once again you have proved your a moron.  It doesn't matter how long you have been in the league you still need to practice everyday.

If you haven't noticed this sport is called football and people hit each other.  You can't babysit someone like that.

7632[/snapback]

I gotta agree with kota, ****. He needs all the reps he can get. As someone previously said in another thread, you can't manage from a position of 'what could happen.'

Steve,

Once again you have proved your a moron.  It doesn't matter how long you have been in the league you still need to practice everyday.

If you haven't noticed this sport is called football and people hit each other.  You can't babysit someone like that.

7632[/snapback]

Kota - did i hook up with your sister and dump her ugly ass or something? Whats with the bug up your ass towards me? Do like everyone else, and take what i say lightly. Im not here to win the god-damn nobel prize of message boards, but I can see with your ability to use such amazing terms like "moron" that you indeed are. My question was out of simple concern of "if bledsoe goes down, we have a full season with T Brown as our starter". So, thank you for your input, go !@#$ yourself, eat s#it and choke on it, and get back to work. I know retail stores normally only give employees 15 minute breaks.

Steve,

7632[/snapback]

Not that I disagree with your point. But is it really necessary to call someone a moron? Would you really say that to someone face-to-face?

:lol:

Kota - did i hook up with your sister and dump her ugly ass or something? Whats with the bug up your ass towards me? Do like everyone else, and take what i say lightly. Im not here to win the god-damn nobel prize of message boards, but I can see with your ability to use such amazing terms like "moron" that you indeed are. My question was out of simple concern of "if bledsoe goes down, we have a full season with T Brown as our starter". So, thank you for your input, go !@#$ yourself, eat s#it and choke on it, and get back to work. I know retail stores normally only give employees 15 minute breaks.

7695[/snapback]

You forgot to give him the :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: . I do have to agree though, it was kind of a "biazzare" thing to say. Should the Falcon keep Vick on the bench for the rest of the preseason. Or how about Manning in Indy? If those guys go down, it is all over but the crying. Injuries are a part of football. Plain and simple. Nothing really has changed. Do you really think a rookie QB could have led us to the playoffs if an injury occured. Take a look at Baltimore last year. Top notch defense, best offensive line in the league, and a 2000 yard runningback. Look what they did without a vet at QB. NOTHING.

Not that I disagree with your point.  But is it really necessary to call someone a moron?  Would you really say that to someone face-to-face?

:lol:

7697[/snapback]

There are hundreds of lines typed here every day that wouldn never get said in public. One of the unfortunate by products of a message board is that people become a lot tougher and more confrontational than they'd ever be in person.

I personally think that if, at his age, he still needs practive, then we are in trouble anyway. I think he should practice with the team (in a NEON PURPLE jersey, so as to stick out better than red), and that's that. I know the coaching staff wont do that, but he better see VERY limited play for the next two games. If he goes down, and we dont even have the HOPE that JP Losman can be a rookie phenom, our season would be in the crapper, just like Miami's. 

Question is, do you think he should see less time now that JP is done?

7517[/snapback]

I say, stick to the original schedule for Bledsoe. Yes, you could take him out now to prevent injury, but what is going to prevent him from getting injured on the first play of the season? Nothing.

As mentioned previously, injuries are part of the game. He has not shown that he can miss snaps in pre-season. He has work to do, and needs the game time. I do not want to wait a few weeks into the season before he gets his stevestojan together. He needs to get his stevestojan together NOW.

There are hundreds of lines typed here every day that wouldn never get said in public.  One of the unfortunate by products of a message board is that people become a lot tougher and more confrontational than they'd ever be in person.

7766[/snapback]

/FLEX

Look at me! I'm beefy! :lol::lol::lol:

All that said it IS a moronic idea. Anyone with even a cursory knowledge of physiology knows that the brain-nerve-muscle links that athletes, musicians, pilots, drivers, etc. use can only be developed and maintained by repetition. Look up and buy a book called "Mozart's Brain".

Same mentality that wants an Eggo for president.

I would.  Sometimes hurtful truth keeps retarded posts from inundating the board.

7754[/snapback]

Oh come on, I always thought you were the "if you can't say somthing nice to someone, don't say anything at all" kind of poster!! :lol:

Steve,

7632[/snapback]

btw, it should be ".....you're a moron" lol

Just me, but I would play the entire first team offense for at least a half, maybe into the 3rd quarter. It's a brand new offense and I'd like to see some success from them. I'd also like to see them try to get Evans more involved. I'm hoping the problem isn't that Evans is not getting open or running incorrect routes. As far as the 4th preseason game, one or two series(10-15 plays total) and then out. I want them to hit the field on opening day a finely tuned machine.