McShay just gave us the best draft

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This can't be accurate, though. I mean, McShay might spend his entire waking hours looking at film and talking to scouts and interviewing players, but he's only one guy. And on the Stadium Wall, there are at least twenty-eight guys on their couches with a bag of chips in their lap and they all say that our draft was a joke and our front office is an embarrassment for their selections.

And twenty-eight is more than one. Therefore....

lollll

This can't be accurate, though. I mean, McShay might spend his entire waking hours looking at film and talking to scouts and interviewing players, but he's only one guy. And on the Stadium Wall, there are at least twenty-eight guys on their couches with a bag of chips in their lap and they all say that our draft was a joke and our front office is an embarrassment for their selections.

Actually, I have a bag of pretzels on my lap...

The Levitre pick saved Day 1 for me. But they took an incredible risk IMO by not taking him at 42 to begin with, and prioritizing a safety over the interior of their offensive line. And I still stand by my view that this team needs to get bigger and tougher along the defensive front seven. Some say that's not their scheme. I say that's one of the biggest problems with their scheme. Ayers (or even Orapko, who I do not like) would've filled a bigger need at 11 - size up front. Third down passrushers would've been available in the second round. And I do not see free safety as a need. But hey, what do I know, I'm just a guy on my couch eating potato chips hoping the Bills draft the four or five players I read about in a draft magazine, ok I get it. This front office has obviously proven that it knows what it's doing, hey they make the playoffs every year. So I'll just continue to drink the coolaid with the rest of you all.

This front office has obviously proven that it knows what it's doing, hey they make the playoffs every year. So I'll just continue to drink the coolaid with the rest of you all.

Actually, this front office is raw, with a new man in charge. And can I please hear what your feelings were on our free safety position, if you didn't think it was a need?

Actually, this front office is raw, with a new man in charge. And can I please hear what your feelings were on our free safety position, if you didn't think it was a need?

My feelings were that Whitner was going to man the FS spot with Scott at SS, which would be fine if it meant we could focus more on improving our front seven.

The Levitre pick saved Day 1 for me. But they took an incredible risk IMO by not taking him at 42 to begin with, and prioritizing a safety over the interior of their offensive line. And I still stand by my view that this team needs to get bigger and tougher along the defensive front seven. Some say that's not their scheme. I say that's one of the biggest problems with their scheme. Ayers (or even Orapko, who I do not like) would've filled a bigger need at 11 - size up front. Third down passrushers would've been available in the second round. And I do not see free safety as a need. But hey, what do I know, I'm just a guy on my couch eating potato chips hoping the Bills draft the four or five players I read about in a draft magazine, ok I get it. This front office has obviously proven that it knows what it's doing, hey they make the playoffs every year. So I'll just continue to drink the coolaid with the rest of you all.

we must be drinking the same cool-aid, i want a defensive front that kicks ass and takes names. I want us to win football games and be in contention every year. Not winning a single division game says a bunch of rooks ain't gonna get us there soon enough.

My feelings were that Whitner was going to man the FS spot with Scott at SS, which would be fine if it meant we could focus more on improving our front seven.

Fair enough, sounds reasonable. Whitner is what he is - a hard-hitting, 8th man in the box. He hasn't gotten any help whatsoever from his safety counterpart. Byrd could change the face of this D, allowing Whitner to do his thing. This may elevate the defense's ability even more to make plays and get to the QB.

I think safety is a need but want Mays out of USC next year, so hurry up and wait.

we suck. mcshay's an idiot. do you really think we did damage w/ this years draft. if you do, you're dreaming.

bills move to toronto in 2012.

it's over. it's all over.

great post

LOL!

Trading Kelsay for a 3rd round pick? If only someone was dumb enough to accept that.

He was a late 2nd rounder, and has only proven how much he sucks.

Would we trade a 3rd rounder for Kelsay if he were on another team? Hell no. So let's stop pretending we can get a 3rd from someone.

I think the player with the most value would be Roscoe. Maybe the Steelers want him now? Who knows.

Trading Kelsay for a 3rd round pick? If only someone was dumb enough to accept that.

He was a late 2nd rounder, and has only proven how much he sucks.

Would we trade a 3rd rounder for Kelsay if he were on another team? Hell no. So let's stop pretending we can get a 3rd from someone.

I think the player with the most value would be Roscoe. Maybe the Steelers want him now? Who knows.

I'd honestly trade Kelsay for just about anything. 3 or 4 nice plays per year seems to be his ceiling and his contract does more damage to this team than keeping him around. He does not separate himself from Denney (who is painfully average as well) and with Maybin (sink or swim) he is even more expendable than he was 8 hours ago.

Package him with a 4th to get a 3rd for all I care....

Fair enough, sounds reasonable. Whitner is what he is - a hard-hitting, 8th man in the box. He hasn't gotten any help whatsoever from his safety counterpart. Byrd could change the face of this D, allowing Whitner to do his thing. This may elevate the defense's ability even more to make plays and get to the QB.

Especially on this play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuh6G7MVsOQ

Whitner belongs at FS.