Round 2, Pick 42: JAIRUS BYRD, CB, Oregon

Jauron was interviewed on Sirius - he said that they talked to the kid about playing guard, and he'll start that way. Hartgardner will play center.

and like i said...he will be the starting center by mid season....flexibility is great

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He projects to a safety -- and it's a definite need. Glad they addressed the position - Whitner has not performed at the necessary level for a starting safety.

Give Donte some credit, he's good at running his mouth...

I like Maybin a lot, but even I thought he should have stayed in school for another year. (Obviously, since he went in the top half of Round 1, he's probably glad he didn't listen to people like me.)

I like the Maybin pick as well projects well as a olb situational de. He should have returned to Penn very true yet if he had he would have been a top five pick next year. I for one am hoping we arent picking that early thus I will take the gamble that this kid has infinite upside. I am happy with this draft so far.

no you have sh------- writing skills..you said they passed on Orakpo and Brown in the second...you said nothing bout the first round...don't think people are just going to assume you meant that because you sure as hell didn't write it like that

I was able to assume, but I have powers of recognition.

Why not just pick Levitre with this pick and then we would still have 3rd and 4th round picks. A f***ing CB. I hate this FO and Jauron!

PS I don't give a sh-- if they move him to safety. This was the highest priority come the top 10 picks of the second round?

Why not just pick Levitre with this pick and then we would still have 3rd and 4th round picks. A f***ing CB. I hate this FO and Jauron!

PS I don't give a sh-- if they move him to safety. This was the highest priority come the top 10 picks of the second round?

Jesus H. Christ - someone with 10,000 posts should have more of a clue. We just picked our starting safety. He had 17 INTs in 3 !@#$ing years. You think it's too early to pick a safety? Bob Sanders was picked #44. We also came away with debatably the best center, guard, and pass rusher. Chill the !@#$ out.

I have no idea who this guy is, but turnovers IS a pretty big deal. Football games are often won or loss by your ability to make plays. If he can be the playmaker that Whitner isn't - then maybe that's not so bad?

Jesus H. Christ - someone with 10,000 posts should have more of a clue. We just picked our starting safety. He had 17 INTs in 3 !@#$ing years. You think it's too early to pick a safety? Bob Sanders was picked #44. We also came away with debatably the best center, guard, and pass rusher. Chill the !@#$ out.

well if bob sanders was picked at 44, clearly our CB that we drafted and now want to convert to FS will naturally stroll into the hall of fame. hey maybe he has a knack for learning new positions and we can use him at LB or TE ? what do you guys think?

Per Pro Football Weekly:

10 (42) Buffalo — CB Jairus Byrd, Oregon

If Byrd would have ran faster on stopwatches, he could have been a first-round pick. He is very instinctive, has terrific hands and ball skills and could bring additional value as a returner. He plays smart, is usually in the right position at the right time and compensates for his lack of timed speed with great instincts. He could give the Bills their third starter in this draft.

well if bob sanders was picked at 44, clearly our CB that we drafted and now want to convert to FS will naturally stroll into the hall of fame. hey maybe he has a knack for learning new positions and we can use him at LB or TE ? what do you guys think?

lol nice, solid work. Because safety and corner are so !@#$ing different that it's incomprehensible to suggest he can convert and be a solid starter...

What is with people on draft day?

He's a safety... the title needs to be changed.

He may be switched to S by the Bills, but he was a CB at Oregon. A pretty good CB.

Why do some of you think he's an instant starter at S anyway? They are trying to find a home for Donte and moving him to FS. Scott has played well enough at SS, enough so that they are moving Whitner. They have Ko Simpson and some depth at S. At CB, otoh they lost Greer and have a hole at CB to fill. So they pick a guy that was a pretty good cover CB in the pass happy PAC-10. Putting all their eggs in Drayton Florence's basket did not appear to be what Dick had in mind.

He may be switched to S by the Bills, but he was a CB at Oregon. A pretty good CB.

Its already been confirmed that he is a safety for the Bills. He was drafted to play S. Its not that big of a concern for me, but i tire of the whining retards.