Round 1, Pick 11: AARON MAYBIN, DE, Penn State

Courtney Brown

Michael Haynes

Tamba Hali

Aaron Maybin

:worthy:

Tamba Hali is a helluva player. Brown would have been if not for injuries (similar to Andre Wadsworth). Yes, Haynes and Maybin sucked, but lots of good players come from PSU, and to criticize players from there simply because they're from there is simply substituting argumentative gimmickry for real analysis.

Edited by dave mcbride

Funny to see who has always been a homer and who could call a spade a spade. Very insightful on some current posters...

This is the best thread I've read in a long time. You are absolutely right about homers vs. realists (not that every critic is right, however). But as another poster said, time to let it go.

This is the best thread I've read in a long time. You are absolutely right about homers vs. realists (not that every critic is right, however). But as another poster said, time to let it go.

Considering the freshness of the news, why are we letting it go 8 hours later?

Another insightful -- and instructive -- thread. Aah, the beauty of hindsight.

If you don't find re-evaluation of past thoughts to be healthy and constructive then go enjoy your mashed peas and your Wiggles videos.

Thoner7 - Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:15 AM

"Maybin is not physical. He is more like a blitzing DB than a DE, meaning he weighs 220 and just trys to run around the edge and avoids contact. When the tackle makes contact, Maybin was completely dominated in college, you can bet that will happen more in the NFL. I dont think you will see Maybin drafted till the end of round one and it will NOT be to a 4-3 team. Either that or the Bills take him at 11."

Thoner7, I have newfound, deep respect for ya bro.

Thoner7 - Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:15 AM

"Maybin is not physical. He is more like a blitzing DB than a DE, meaning he weighs 220 and just trys to run around the edge and avoids contact. When the tackle makes contact, Maybin was completely dominated in college, you can bet that will happen more in the NFL. I dont think you will see Maybin drafted till the end of round one and it will NOT be to a 4-3 team. Either that or the Bills take him at 11."

Thoner7, I have newfound, deep respect for ya bro.

Yep, great calll.

Ive seen him play a lot and I dont like the pick

he's a long shot to even be an everydown player in the NFL

guess Ill give myself a pat on the back for this one

amazed reading through this how many people actually thought it was a good pick

one year wonders rarely work out in the NFL