Round 1, Pick 11: AARON MAYBIN, DE, Penn State

"A one down player?" says Mike Mayock.

Pardon my French but who the !@#$ is Mike Mayock? Does he work for one of the NFL teams? Oh probably not, probably another glorified blogger? Oh wait, let me guess, some guy that played a few years and now he's an expert on the draft. Am I close?

I'm guessing most of you who are down on him haven't seen him play much..

Living in Michigan I saw him play plenty in many of those big ten games. Mayock was right about him. He definitely has a fast first step, but he can't play against the run. I saw him get blown up on running plays by TEs and driven off the play. Imagine what Jake Long is going to do to him on running plays. We'll be playing defense with ten men because he'll be driven out of the play.

Very mature for his young age. Had to grow up in a hurry after mother died from birth complications when Aaron was six years old. He is a natural leader both vocally and by example. Non-stop motor is infectious. Great football character. Not aware of any off-the-field issues.

Can someone name a successful 'Tweener' in Bills history? Bryce Paup maybe? I'm sure Maybin will stand up well against the Pats' O-Line. <\rolleyes>

Well...We ran a 3-4 with Paup so he was picture perfect for it...

Look at it this way...We'll probably be running a 3-4 next Year anyway when this Staff gets canned... :worthy: