So let me get this straight....

ICE

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, actually they didn't. I worked for EDS, who had a contract with the PPL corporation. PPL came to EDS and said, hey, we'd like to rebid the work that you are already contracted to do. Rather than saying no, they said OK.

They lost the re-bid, and I lost my job.

So, tell me, genius. Was that the President's fault? HELL NO!

102050[/snapback]

No but I will say I think it is funny how so many companies are now moving buisness to TexASS. Univeral Compression, Citgo and on and on and on. where is GW from? hummmmm....

and Houston no less.....

BTW...come on admit it, you agree with the dropping a couple on Bagdad would have ended the issue don't you :unsure:

This thread is really something. Why do I bother to go to work in the morning?

102064[/snapback]

Don't know. I am sure your number will be up sometime in the next 4 years....unless you own the buisness.....or move to TexASS. :unsure::D

No but I will say I think it is funny how so many companies are now moving buisness to TexASS.  Univeral Compression, Citgo and on and on and on.  where is GW from?  hummmmm....

and Houston no less.....

BTW...come on admit it, you agree with the dropping a couple on Bagdad would have ended the issue don't you  :unsure:

102065[/snapback]

I think we should turn the whole place into a parking lot sometimes, but NO, I don't think it would have solved it. What needs to happen is that the ME needs to be made into a safer place. Talking and sanctions will never accomplish that. And I DO NOT buy that Arabs are incapable of democratic self-rule.

Then quit fighting a battle you can't win!  You CAN NOT STOP TERRORISM!  It will NEVER Be stopped...EVER.

that said, DEFEND against it, fine. But I ask again how is it we find BILLIONS to go to Iraq but can't better fund and revamp the current medical system?  Medicare? Help Create more jobs etc?  how is that?

102033[/snapback]

In other words...Maginot Line mentality. Hunker down, and take it until the bad guys get bored and stop. Let them maintain the initiative while you secure every last little church, school, mall, bridge, factory, and tunnel in the country. And that's not going to cost billions? Tell you what...leave the war strategy to the people that know something about it - and I don't give a stevestojan whether or not you were a tanker in Desert Storm. You might be able to drive an Abrams, but you clearly know nothing about how to prosecute a war.

Revamp the current medical system? Create jobs? Do you have any idea how to actually do any of this? Or is your understanding of it limited to "throw federal money at it". I have yet to hear a feasable plan for either of these topics come from anyone in the federal government. And somehow, I don't think that some haggis-eating midwestern schmuck who has trouble managing his own life has any answers, either.

Don't know. I am sure your number will be up sometime in the next 4 years....unless you own the buisness.....or move to TexASS.  :unsure:  :D

102069[/snapback]

No, over the next four years I'll be working very hard to make sure grateful people like you stay alive long enough to rant.

And, BTW, did you ever answer me about relocating? Unless you act like you do here at the interview, you could probably get hired around the DC area very quickly. Probably make a lot more money.

Take some personal responsibility, for crying out loud. I never wanted to leave Savannah, Georgia-but my job dried up. I worked for two years in Baltimore, and they closed my plant.

Now I live in Alexandria, VA. That's just how things go now. Adapt. You don't have anything tieing you down, go do what you have to do and quit whining. Be a man, for Crissake.

Don't know. I am sure your number will be up sometime in the next 4 years....unless you own the buisness.....or move to TexASS.  :unsure:  :D

102069[/snapback]

Where do you live?

Everyone is moving to Texas because the taxes are low, the weather is nice, the girls are pretty, and business is BOOMING.

I'm thrilled to live here.

Where do you live?

Everyone is moving to Texas because the taxes are low, the weather is nice, the girls are pretty, and business is BOOMING.

I'm thrilled to live here.

102264[/snapback]

Y'all Drive Friendly...(I 10 Reference)

Me and Darlene seriously considered Texas. Great place, for a lot of reasons. Too many people don't understand fun. They won't get off the couch long enough. Big country, big people.

I'm sure you're having a blast.

Since it popped into my head as an afterthought, I maybe shouldn't mention it, but it's the same reason Debbie hates it. I thought she'd be happier and a bit more mellow up in Seattle. Like minded people didn't mellow her out much at all.

Shame is, Seattle is a nice town too. Very nice. But keep your mouth shut. They are not rude, but if you voice a thought, you confuse them unless it's a Democrat soundbite they've already heard.

I miss Thirdborn. He's my Bud. and he's a lib, too.

You lost your job? Cool. Did they shut down the doors and move?  No. Again I think it's funny NO ONE will answer the question. How is it we have BILLIONS to go attack a country and NOTHING to fix the economy?

I would guess because you don't have one. Just keep pumping money into fighting something you can't win.

102040[/snapback]

What exactly would you like to do to fix the economy, Ice? What's the plan of action? You see to think you can gurandamtee fix it. How would you do this?

Also, this may be oversimplified, but if you lose the transmission in your car, but need to fix it, it's an unexpected expense and causes many people to stretch their credit to fix something that absolutely, positively MUST be fixed.

We didn't ask for the war on terror. It was pushed upon us unexpectedly. Should we have just ignored all of that, taken $200 billion and given it to people in America so they can live better? That sure sounds like what you're saying.

Y'all Drive Friendly...(I 10 Reference)

Me and Darlene seriously considered Texas. Great place, for a lot of reasons. Too many people don't understand fun. They won't get off the couch long enough. Big country, big people.

I'm sure you're having a blast.

Since it popped into my head as an afterthought, I maybe shouldn't mention it, but it's the same reason Debbie hates it. I thought she'd be happier and a bit more mellow up in Seattle. Like minded people didn't mellow her out much at all.

Shame is, Seattle is a nice town too. Very nice. But keep your mouth shut. They are not rude, but if you voice a thought, you confuse them unless it's a Democrat soundbite they've already heard.

I miss Thirdborn. He's my Bud. and he's a lib, too.

102436[/snapback]

Wow! And I thought my regional generalizations were over the top BiB... :wacko::D

I enjoy you posts and respect your opinions, I just don't feel like you have to shepard anyone. On the topic of thread killing, probably the same reason it happens to others... It is hard to reply to the self-important bit. Don't take this as being a dick.

Peace.

In other words...Maginot Line mentality.  Hunker down, and take it until the bad guys get bored and stop.  Let them maintain the initiative while you secure every last little church, school, mall, bridge, factory, and tunnel in the country.  And that's not going to cost billions?  Tell you what...leave the war strategy to the people that know something about it - and I don't give a stevestojan whether or not you were a tanker in Desert Storm.  You might be able to drive an Abrams, but you clearly know nothing about how to prosecute a war.

Revamp the current medical system?  Create jobs?  Do you have any idea how to actually do any of this?  Or is your understanding of it limited to "throw federal money at it".  I have yet to hear a feasable plan for either of these topics come from anyone in the federal government.  And somehow, I don't think that some haggis-eating midwestern schmuck who has trouble managing his own life has any answers, either.

102073[/snapback]

And you know how? I mean hell it's easy to fling insults but to give answers is another thing. Again Tell me now we have billions to fight a war and NOTHING to fix the economy. Or is it just easier to fling insults?

Well tom I am waiting, give the 'midwestern schmuck' whom you don't give a rats ass that he actually SERVED in the war some edumacation. Again funny how you clowns can belittle actually serving vs sitting your whiny asses in college. But hey that is the American way right. Go to school then talk stevestojan to those who helped proved you those rights. !@#$ing Typical.

So again I ask, tell me tom since you are so much damn smarter than this Okie....how do you fix your own house. Don't give me any stevestojan excuses either. Give an answer.

Breathe deeply ICE.

I didn't see it firsthand, but by all accounts, W's speech said the focus of his 2nd term was going to be on domestic issues. He has a GOP Senate and House, so he should have no problem getting his initiatives enacted. Whether they'll help has yet to be seen of course, but the ball's in his court now.

BTW, you missed a great opportunity to educate the board that the Declaration of Independence was modeled after the 1320 Scottish Declaration of Arbroath, and that half of this nation's founding fathers were Scots (including two who were born in Scotland, Witherspoon and Wilson). They didn't do bad work for a bunch of "haggis-eating shmucks." :D

Breathe deeply ICE.

I didn't see it firsthand, but by all accounts, W's speech said the focus of his 2nd term was going to be on domestic issues.  He has a GOP Senate and House, so he should have no problem getting his initiatives enacted.  Whether they'll help has yet to be seen of course, but the ball's in his court now.

BTW, you missed a great opportunity to educate the board that the Declaration of Independence was modeled after the 1320 Scottish Declaration of Arbroath, and that half of this nation's founding fathers were Scots (including two who were born in Scotland, Witherspoon and Wilson).  They didn't do bad work for a bunch of "haggis-eating shmucks."  :D

103006[/snapback]

Well Campy it would actually take some brain power and not being a biggot toward anyone not on either coast to have actually understood those facts and accept them. I mean we all know if you don't live on The East coast somewhere then you are an idiot. :blink:

So again I ask, tell me tom since you are so much damn smarter than this Okie....how do you fix your own house. Don't give me any stevestojan excuses either. Give an answer.

102993[/snapback]

No. Because I'm not the dumb schmuck that made the claim to have the answers. You are.

Please explain to me why, when you shoot your mouth off, someone else has to defend your position as their own...

No.  Because I'm not the dumb schmuck that made the claim to have the answers.  You are.

Please explain to me why, when you shoot your mouth off, someone else has to defend your position as their own...

103047[/snapback]

Well you insulted his Heritage as well as mine and I bet several others. What does where I live in AMERICA have anything to do with our arguement? You insulted the state I am from, the Region I am from in AMERICA. You then insulted my Heritage. A Heritage that Campy correctly pointed out was a major cornerstone of the building of this country.

You and many like you on this board take shots at me being in the midwest. My problem with TexASS is I am from Oklahoma and those from TexASS know it is an OU, UT thing. That aside, on this entire site, unless you are from the east coast you are inbred, stupid and have no valid opinion. As evidenced by your personal attack on me.

I would expect you won even more fans with your comment on not giving a stevestojan I served. Make sure you cover all of those on this board who served as well. Or does it only matter if you are from the eastern seaboard?

And I am still waiting for your answer.

Well you insulted his Heritage as well as mine and I bet several others.  What does where I live in AMERICA have anything to do with our arguement?  You insulted the state I am from, the Region I am from in AMERICA. You then insulted my Heritage.  A Heritage  that Campy correctly pointed out was a major cornerstone of the building of this country.

You and many like you on this board take shots at me being in the midwest. My problem with TexASS is I am from Oklahoma and those from TexASS know it is an OU, UT thing.  That aside, on this entire site, unless you are from the east coast you are inbred, stupid and have no valid opinion.  As evidenced by your personal attack on me.

I would expect you won even more fans with your comment on not giving a stevestojan I served. Make sure you cover all of those on this board who served as well. Or does it only matter if you are from the eastern seaboard?

And I am still waiting for your answer.

103068[/snapback]

I never said I didn't care that you served...I said that driving an Abrams doesn't make you the military genius you think you are. I know some military geniuses. You ain't one of them. In fact, you might be one of the dumbest ex-military people I've ever heard.

And again...I'm not answering a question because you ignоrantly and stupidly shot your mouth off. Answer your own question...you're the one that said you could fix every problem in the country, not me.

I will, of course, not dwell on the irony that you follow up your rant about me being a geographical elitist with your geographically elitist rant against TexASS. You're a real piece of work, you know...