So let me get this straight....

ICE

You've been in Iraq since the war started? How many friends do you have there?

101356[/snapback]

If I want to finish my career with the Corps (Army), I will probably end up there to get my twenty in. They are itching for stiffs. The only way they will get this stiff (with two little kids) is to contract out...

My immediate supervisor (a republican) just got back... It is a royal mess.

We will have a dam failure here in the states faster than any terrorist can knock it down.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah DC it can be done by ANYONE.

101770[/snapback]

Great. Because we have an ANYONE in the office right now. So I guess we don't have to worry.

Your political opinions are, amazingly enough, more bogus and unrealistic than your football opinions.

Your post is well written...but i feel your comments represent a fantasy world, not reality....
I agree with another poster...Fantasy. We are NOT going to reform other countries.

Your side was saying the same thing in the 1980's when it came to the USSR, which makes me even more confident that we will succeed. I'd actually be concerned if you agreed with me.

Your political opinions are, amazingly enough, more bogus and unrealistic than your football opinions.

Suddenly had a flashback to the late '90s when ICE couldn't seem to make up his mind re: Flutie and Johnson. Now I understand why he likes Kerry so much <_< .

Great.  Because we have an ANYONE in the office right now.  So I guess we don't have to worry.

101864[/snapback]

Bull stevestojan Tom. How is it unrealistic to fix our economy? Pure bull stevestojan. You are going to sit there and tell me it can't be done? Damn man we are finding Billions of dollars to go fight something we can't beat, but can't find the money to fix our own house?

Pure Bull stevestojan.

Suddenly had a flashback to the late '90s when ICE couldn't seem to make up his mind re: Flutie and Johnson.  Now I understand why he likes Kerry so much  :devil: .

101911[/snapback]

That was plain stupid. <_<

ICE - your compasionate conservatism doesn't fly on this list!  If you are not on the far right you are labeled a liberal.

101965[/snapback]

Yeah so I see. Stick my head in the sand and take the propganda up the ass is the M.O. Around here.

I am still wanting someone to explain how you can't fix our own house AND Defend against terrorism. Guess GW forgot to send that memo out to the minions.

My whole position is this....Fix thy own house first.  The US Economy is bad. And if anyone thinks it is going to get any better after plunging BILLIONS into trying to stop something that can't be stopped....that is wishful thinking.

I have no problem DEFENDING Against terrorism. But China, Russia, the Mid east THEY need to step up as well. The time has come for the US to stop funding all of this.

101077[/snapback]

Yes, because DEFENDING against terrorism is going to be cheap and effective.

You, sir, are a geopolitical maroon. In order to keep the muslims from killing US HERE, we have to annihilate THEM THERE.

I mean Billions and Billions being spent to stop something that can't be. When that multi Billion dollar (Maybe a trillion by then since GW says 'I will spend whatever money it takes') Tab comes in....who is gonna pay for it?

BTW....where IS all of this money coming from with our economy being so bad? hummmm......

Please stop. Now you are just getting stupid. I have SEVERAL Friends in the military over there right now. and YES I was there in the last one. They didn't want us then, they don't want us now.

Yeah DC it can be done by ANYONE. now lets see the guy that is BACK in office "Get er' done"

Lastly Paco...JOBS.  MORE JOBS, less unemployment. That is a damn good start.

101770[/snapback]

Earth to ICE...NO president created jobs. BUSINESSES create jobs, so by creating a business friendly environment, you create MORE JOBS.

I mean Billions and Billions being spent to stop something that can't be.  When that multi Billion dollar (Maybe a trillion by then since GW says 'I will spend whatever money it takes') Tab comes in....who is gonna pay for it?

BTW....where IS all of this money coming from with our economy being so bad? hummmm......

101998[/snapback]

AGAIN...your proposal of sealing off the borders is going to be VASTLY more expensive and far less effective than blowing them up before they blow us up.

Please stop. Now you are just getting stupid. I have SEVERAL Friends in the military over there right now. and YES I was there in the last one. They didn't want us then, they don't want us now.

Yeah DC it can be done by ANYONE. now lets see the guy that is BACK in office "Get er' done"

Lastly Paco...JOBS.  MORE JOBS, less unemployment. That is a damn good start.

101770[/snapback]

Interesting how what you say works for you, but if anyone questions it, we're "just getting stupid."

You claimed you were there and, in part, that is how you know. You haven't been there since the war started, so you can't tell me how the people feel based on that claim, ICE. That's not being stupid. That's being rational.

I've met a number of people who have been there since the war and I hear just the opposite. That people are happy we're there. They are happy we've taken out Hussien. They are happy someone finally stood tall for them.

Seems like we all hear what we want to here.

And for what it's worth, you can send all the unemployed people to Monster.com or any of the other online job search engines and help themselves. There's plenty of work. It's not the government's job to bring the work to the people. It's the people's job to bring themselves to the work.

I believe VABill has about 15 openings right now. That's not a bad start.

Yes, because DEFENDING against terrorism is going to be cheap and effective.

You, sir, are a geopolitical maroon. In order to keep the muslims from killing US HERE, we have to annihilate THEM THERE.

101992[/snapback]

I see, so how did we stop the Gemans? Blew them ALL to hell. Men, women and children. How about Japan? Nuked ALL of them to hell. So our "Surgical" strikes are going really carry an effect right?

I see, well I have to say if I were them....I would be laughing my ass off at us being too "PC' to do what needs to be done. A couple of nicely placed bombs on Bagdad I think would have sent a very clear message not to !@#$ with the US again. how much are those bombs these days....Billions? :unsure:

It strikes me funny...how long did the FBI Etal have report after report after report saying 911 was forming? and we ignored the reports. "Nah not here, they don't have the balls to attack America". Uh huh..... :D

So had we followed the intelligance we already had 911 wouldn't have happened. Did that cost Billions? I don't think so.

Either way it's all moot point. The extreme Right can sleep well (Unless you WORK for a living) because GW is back for 4 more.

I don't like him, I don't like what he is doing but if he calls for me to take up a rifle again and stand a post....I will. For better or WORSE he IS our Commander and Chief.

Bull stevestojan Tom. How is it unrealistic to fix our economy?  Pure bull stevestojan.  You are going to sit there and tell me it can't be done? Damn man we are finding Billions of dollars to go fight something we can't beat, but can't find the money to fix our own house?

Pure Bull stevestojan.

101972[/snapback]

No, I'm sitting here telling you that you can't guarandamntee you can do it, like you said. You're the one that said you could feed the hungry, create jobs, fight terrorism...and I call bull-stevestojan on you. And you listed as a priority medical reform, and NOW, in another thread, you B word about spending and want to eliminate the budget deficit... :unsure::D That's unreality, my friend. There's NO way to cut the deficit and provide all that.

I'm also telling you that, if ANYONE can do it, what the !@#$ are you so worried about? Bush, being the epitome of "anyone", should be perfectly capable...

I see, so how did we stop the Gemans?  Blew them ALL to hell. Men, women and children.  How about Japan?  Nuked ALL of them to hell.  So our "Surgical" strikes are going really carry an effect right?

I see, well I have to say if I were them....I would be laughing my ass off at us being too "PC' to do what needs to be done. A couple of nicely placed bombs on Bagdad I think would have sent a very clear message not to !@#$ with the US again.  how much are those bombs these days....Billions?  :unsure:

It strikes me funny...how long did the FBI Etal have report after report after report saying 911 was forming?  and we ignored the reports. "Nah not here, they don't have the balls to attack America".  Uh huh..... :D

So had we followed the intelligance we already had 911 wouldn't have happened.  Did that cost Billions?  I don't think so.

Either way it's all moot point. The extreme Right can sleep well (Unless you WORK for a living) because GW is back for 4 more.

I don't like him, I don't like what he is doing but if he calls for me to take up a rifle again and stand a post....I will. For better or WORSE he IS our Commander and Chief.

102016[/snapback]

You know what? I lost my job 8 months ago. Did I sit around and b!tch and moan about the president? NO! I took responsibility and FOUND MYSELF A NEW JOB.

Was it the President's fault I lost my job? NO....it was the incompetence of my company's management for losing business that was contractually obligated for the near future.

See, that's the difference between people that know what they are talking about and those who don't. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

No, I'm sitting here telling you that you can't guarandamntee you can do it, like you said.  You're the one that said you could feed the hungry, create jobs,  fight terrorism...and I call bull-stevestojan on you.  And you listed as a priority medical reform, and NOW, in another thread, you B word about spending and want to eliminate the budget deficit...  :unsure:  :D  That's unreality, my friend.  There's NO way to cut the deficit and provide all that.

I'm also telling you that, if ANYONE can do it, what the !@#$ are you so worried about?  Bush, being the epitome of "anyone", should be perfectly capable...

102019[/snapback]

Then quit fighting a battle you can't win! You CAN NOT STOP TERRORISM! It will NEVER Be stopped...EVER.

that said, DEFEND against it, fine. But I ask again how is it we find BILLIONS to go to Iraq but can't better fund and revamp the current medical system? Medicare? Help Create more jobs etc? how is that?

You know what? I lost my job 8 months ago. Did I sit around and b!tch and moan about the president? NO! I took responsibility and FOUND MYSELF A NEW JOB.

Was it the President's fault I lost my job? NO....it was the incompetence of my company's management for losing business that was contractually obligated for the near future.

See, that's the difference between people that know what they are talking about and those who don't. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

102025[/snapback]

You lost your job? Cool. Did they shut down the doors and move? No. Again I think it's funny NO ONE will answer the question. How is it we have BILLIONS to go attack a country and NOTHING to fix the economy?

I would guess because you don't have one. Just keep pumping money into fighting something you can't win.

You lost your job? Cool. Did they shut down the doors and move?  No. Again I think it's funny NO ONE will answer the question. How is it we have BILLIONS to go attack a country and NOTHING to fix the economy?

I would guess because you don't have one. Just keep pumping money into fighting something you can't win.

102040[/snapback]

No, actually they didn't. I worked for EDS, who had a contract with the PPL corporation. PPL came to EDS and said, hey, we'd like to rebid the work that you are already contracted to do. Rather than saying no, they said OK.

They lost the re-bid, and I lost my job.

So, tell me, genius. Was that the President's fault? HELL NO!