Pettigrew is our first pick...

SKOOBY

Have you heard the words "big target" come up this year? You know why you haven't?? The cards are being held close to the vest because Pettigrew is a 6'6" 257 lbs beast. They love big targets last year and it makes no sense to trade one expensive OT for another.

Pettigrew is our pick at #11, book it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you heard the words "big target" come up this year? You know why you haven't?? The cards are being held close to the vest because Pettigrew is a 6'6" 257 lbs beast. They love big targets last year and it makes no sense to trade one expensive OT for another.

You been hittin the "Scooby Snacks" again, huh? :thumbsup:

Pettigrew reminds RW of Pete Metz, he was 6'7" 254 Lbs during his playing days. We have never replaced him, until this Saturday. Metz was a Buffalo Bill for ~9 years, our best years as well.

That woud be great. Then grab Laurinitis at #28 and I am a very happy and probably drunk Bill's fan.

Despite living in Columbus for the past few years and slowly warming up to the Buckeye bandwagon, I'm not sold on Laurinitis. He seemed to make fewer plays this past year in a conference that is totally overrated and consists of a lot of "high motor" guys lacking the speed and explosiveness to compete against elite athletes from the SEC, PAC-10, etc...

If he can be a Ben Coates or Tony Gonzalez caliber player for the next decade, it would be a great pick at #11 IMO. He could also be the next Vernon Davis which would blow. We'll know in 2 days.

Yes. Pettigrew is talented. He will fill the void created by Terrell Owens leaving at the end of this season and gives Trent "dump the ball off" Edwards a safety valve. I don't mind having Pettigrew at all.

With that said, it only makes sense to invest the #28 pick on a top level player who can make a difference for Trent to get the ball to his skill position players.

If we do pick up Pettigrew at #11, then we best consider getting two offensive lineman with our #28 pick and with either our 2nd/3rd round pick.

I would be happy with the following:

#11 Pettigrew

#28 Mack

#42 Best DE Available

Round #3 Best OT/Guard Available

Yes. Pettigrew is talented. He will fill the void created by Terrell Owens leaving at the end of this season and gives Trent "dump the ball off" Edwards a safety valve. I don't mind having Pettigrew at all.

With that said, it only makes sense to invest the #28 pick on a top level player who can make a difference for Trent to get the ball to his skill position players.

If we do pick up Pettigrew at #11, then we best consider getting two offensive lineman with our #28 pick and with either our 2nd/3rd round pick.

I would be happy with the following:

#11 Pettigrew

#28 Mack

#42 Best DE Available

Round #3 Best OT/Guard Available

I still think OLB is a bigger need than DE.

I think this makes some sense if:

1. You believe that Everette Brown is a one trick pony that hasn't really learned the game at FSU/too small/too short.

2. Orakapo is gone

3. Raji is gone

4. There is no OT worth taking at 11, especially if the guys that are left can be had at 28.

5. You are sure that Ayers isn't that good/worth taking at 11

6. You are sure that Maybin is a better 3-4 OLB than a Cover 2 DE

7. We don't draft that damn safety....that will force me to become a member of the BillinNYC club

8. You can't get the mental image of: Andre Smith's funbags bouncing around while he was "sprinting" at the combine, out of your head. YUCK.

That's a lot of IFs though....

From what they have been saying I am thinking they go playmakers with their top three picks, and pettigrew fits the mold of playmaker. I would love Scheffler as well but i would be happy with either at tight end. any chance we get both, we did do good things in two tight end sets last season.

The other two picks would hopefuly be defensive playmakers. I will be drunk in the Jim Kelly club.

Pettigrew can block as well and with that type of frame, he could really help our offense open up and give Trent some extra time to find a open receiver. It actually makes too much and the lack of references to which way they're going to go lead me back to him.

I think this makes some sense if:

1. You believe that Everette Brown is a one trick pony that hasn't really learned the game at FSU/too small/too short.

2. Orakapo is gone

3. Raji is gone

4. There is no OT worth taking at 11, especially if the guys that are left can be had at 28.

5. You are sure that Ayers isn't that good/worth taking at 11

6. You are sure that Maybin is a better 3-4 OLB than a Cover 2 DE

7. We don't draft that damn safety....that will force me to become a member of the BillinNYC club

8. You can't get the mental image of: Andre Smith's funbags bouncing around while he was "sprinting" at the combine, out of your head. YUCK.

That's a lot of IFs though....

You forgot these ifs:

1.) If Pettigrew is the highest rated player still on the Bills board

2.) If the Bills feel that they would like to finally have a quality tight end on the roster

3.) If they Bills are intested in drafting the player who will have the biggest and fastest impact on the team

4.) If the Bills think they can get OL and DL players later in the draft who are rated as highly as those currently available at 11.

and Finally:

5.) IF any of us truly had a clue what the Bills were going to do, we probably would be working for the Bills and not posting on this board.

You forgot these ifs:

1.) If Pettigrew is the highest rated player still on the Bills board

2.) If the Bills feel that they would like to finally have a quality tight end on the roster

3.) If they Bills are intested in drafting the player who will have the biggest and fastest impact on the team

4.) If the Bills think they can get OL and DL players later in the draft who are rated as highly as those currently available at 11.

and Finally:

5.) IF any of us truly had a clue what the Bills were going to do, we probably would be working for the Bills and not posting on this board.

Well, since 5.) is obvious, what else are we supposed to do? our work? our school work? no way man, it's draft weekend! :thumbsup:

Is this inside info Skoob, or just your opinion? Just so the record is straight on saturday to determine whether I give you credit or not.

Hopefully if he's the guy they're targeting, someone offers a trade down a couple of spots, and they select him later, with an extra pick in tow.

I have been thinking this might happen with someone trying to get Gonzalez. #11 is perfectly positioned...it's out of the top ten, it's ahead of all the other teams who might take him...except Jacksonville and Seattle. If he gets by both of those teams a trade up to us becomes a distinct possibility. I'd even say it would be probable.