Since when were you crossing the line...

This problem is more or less going to be the same story time after time. Bigotry plagues gay marriage just like it does abortion, evolution, yadda yadda yadda. You have radicals on both sides and no middle. And why, for that matter, should there be a middle? I oppose gay marriage, and I love when people try to tell me other wise. Ignorant? It's ignorant to say that everyone is ignorant, butt hell, its true. And who gives two hoots if I don't want gay's marrying? As far as I'm concerned the "survival of the fittest" makes it impossible for them to survive since you cant even reproduce. And the life an adopted kid will go through, since they uh have two mommies and two daddies, will be far less ideal. And don't say that it won't. In this age, you're chastised if you have bad acne for Christ sake. So the Bible and Darwinism both oppose gay marriage. That's enough for me.

And to answer RK's question:

Agnotology

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT HIS OPINION IS SO MUCH???!!!?????

He presented an opinion that is false. If I said to you, "Dick Jauron is the most successful coach in the history of the NFL because my cat told me so, " you might take a moment to try to correct me on that. You might not, but you might.

He presented an opinion that is false. If I said to you, "Dick Jauron is the most successful coach in the history of the NFL because my cat told me so, " you might take a moment to try to correct me on that. You might not, but you might.

Opinions are not true nor false. They are his beliefs. They could be as correct or as ass-backwards as anything else out there. Let him have at it. As long as it doesnt bother you, what do you care? Unless hes in a legislative or judicial body, his opinions mean sh-- to anyone except himself.

Very nice. Always love it when a someone lectures on intolerance, ignorance and bigotry by practicing it, themselves.

Fine...let the gays marry. Just as long as we kill all the Christians in the process. Right?

Opinions are not true nor false. They are his beliefs. They could be as correct or as ass-backwards as anything else out there. Let him have at it. As long as it doesnt bother you, what do you care? Unless hes in a legislative or judicial body, his opinions mean sh-- to anyone except himself.

Statements are true or false. If the stated opinion was, "I don't care for gay marriage," I would have absolutely no objection.

I agree with that, but there are plenty of people (and maybe not this poster in particular) who don't keep their opinions to themselves - they go out and actively lobby that thier opinion/viewpoint/moral values should be made into law for ALL to obey. That's what I have a problem with. If people want to hold their own personal beliefs on the topics it's nobody's buiness, but they should return the favor and not try and push their opinions on anyone else.

I agree with that, but there are plenty of people (and maybe not this poster in particular) who don't keep their opinions to themselves - they go out and actively lobby that thier opinion/viewpoint/moral values should be made into law for ALL to obey. That's what I have a problem with. If people want to hold their own personal beliefs on the topics it's nobody's buiness, but they should return the favor and not try and push their opinions on anyone else.

Thats all Im sayin'

I think Dean said it, too.

Agree ... I think James Carville is as much of an ass as Rush Limbaugh. I hate all extremes ... governing is ... errrr ... SHOULD BE representing everyone's interests ... unfortunately you don't get elected by being a centrist anymore ... we're lucky when a president gets elected and moves to the center.

Ever notice how most extemists,from both sides of the aisle,come across as very angry? Sometimes they smile as they say very hateful things,but it's still hateful. Do extreme political positions attract already angry people or do people get angry by listening to the extremists? What's wrong with our elected leaders listening to both sides and splitting the differences somewhere in the middle?

Great, then you would agree that nobody has the moral authority to tell gays not to marry!

A breakthrough!

Ok, but when they find out what it takes to disolve the relationship they'll wish to hell they were never given the ability to marry.

Ok, but when they find out what it takes to disolve the relationship they'll wish to hell they were never given the ability to marry.

Why should they be spared the misery?

In the year 2016, seven years after the remaining 46 states suddenly and inexplicably legalized gay marriage, divorce attorney sky rockets to number one most lucrative job in the US--sounds like an Onion Radio News update.

Good point. And just to clarify in case anyone feels that way, I have not been trying to lobby for anyone to believe however I may believe. I was simply trying to provide reasons for another perspective existing to a couple of posters who - and this was clear - could not begin to imagine why anyone would be against the idea of gay marriage. Bottom line: Whether or not you think homosexuals in this country should be married is completely your own opinion, and no one should be cut down for stating that they believe either way. This is why I started the topic in the first place. It was absolutely absurd for that question to be asked in a national forum like that pageant, and it is even more ridiculous that scores of people, most of whom have never even met or spoken with that young girl, to be publicly ridiculing her based solely upon an honest answer to a controversial question. What makes it worse is that Perez Hilton, the person who asked her that question, just so happens to be a homosexual. Sorry Perez, not everyone is going to tell you what you want to hear when you pose such a dynamic topic.