Spot the glaring roster mistakes

Ok... it might be me... but i find the way the roster is handled on http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster.html a complete shame. Also the transactionlist is annoying http://www.buffalobills.com/team/transactions.html.

The glaring mistakes I've found so far:

Gibran Hamdan - missing

Dominic Rhodes - missing

Pat Thomas - missing

PK Sam - missing

Marvin Philip - missing

Dustin Fox - missing

Mike Jefferson - missing

Yet Peters was removed asap and T.O. was added asap... It annoys the hell out of me; sure with the old website it was hard to update blah blah blah. Now with the new website it seems to be no issue to add T.O. and remove Peters. IMHO the roster and transactionlist is the most important thing on the website since it is supposed to be factual information. Yet the facts arent complete.

Simply put if you include a roster and transactionslist on your website then make sure it's uptodate on a daily basis. ESPECIALLY during off season where a lot of changes happen. The transactionlist doesnt even have T.O. or Peters. I mean it just undercuts the credibility of the entire website.

P.s. If you found more missing or even wrongfully on the roster then please add to the list.

Ok... it might be me... but i find the way the roster is handled on http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster.html a complete shame. Also the transactionlist is annoying http://www.buffalobills.com/team/transactions.html.

Gibran Hamdan - missing

Dominic Rhodes - missing

Pat Thomas - missing

PK Sam - missing

Marvin Philip - missing

Dustin Fox - missing

Mike Jefferson - missing

Yet Peters was removed asap and T.O. was added asap... It annoys the hell out of me; sure with the old website it was hard to update blah blah blah. Now with the new website it seems to be no issue to add T.O. and remove Peters. IMHO the roster and transactionlist is the most important thing on the website since it is supposed to be factual information. Yet the facts arent complete.

Simply put if you include a roster and transactionslist on your website then make sure it's uptodate on a daily basis. ESPECIALLY during off season where a lot of changes happen. The transactionlist doesnt even have T.O. or Peters. I mean it just undercuts the credibility of the entire website.

P.s. If you found more missing or even wrongfully on the roster then please add to the list.

Wow, you must be losing sleep over the fact that some of those guys aren't on the roster. My guess is, most of them won't make the final 53, so why put them on it?

I found some other names that were included that shouldn't be...

Larry Hagman

Joyce Dewitt

Kristy McNichol

Gavin MacLeod

Hey, wait a minute--this isn't the Bills roster, it's the Battle of the Network Stars lineup!

Larry Hagman is still alive?

Gibran Hamdan - missing

Dominic Rhodes - missing

Pat Thomas - missing

PK Sam - missing

Marvin Philip - missing

Dustin Fox - missing

Mike Jefferson - missing

They may be waiting til after the draft to update the site. Relax and take a deep toke!!

A 404 Not Found would do just the trick!! :rolleyes:

although I'm not as frustrated as you or maybe not even frustrated at all...but I do feel that if your paying a company to keep your websites updated, they should do there job's...I know I've sent SDS a comment or 2 on his updates for the depth chart..lol...although I didn't send them out of frustration, just wanted to help him keep his site up to date..lol

although I'm not as frustrated as you or maybe not even frustrated at all...but I do feel that if your paying a company to keep your websites updated, they should do there job's...I know I've sent SDS a comment or 2 on his updates for the depth chart..lol...although I didn't send them out of frustration, just wanted to help him keep his site up to date..lol

Whoohoo support...

I mean why even bother even having the roster/transactions/depthchart... Just have Chris Brown open his own blog at blogspot.com and change the website to simply have one button "buy tickets - here - now".

Wow, you must be losing sleep over the fact that some of those guys aren't on the roster. My guess is, most of them won't make the final 53, so why put them on it?

That's like saying "I'm only gonna get dirty again so why should I take a shower?" I don't really feel strongly about this but as a journalism grad, the minimum you should expect to do is the basic facts: who, what, where, when, why, how, and how much. The basic fundamentals. Whatever a person's job is, that is their profession until they do something else. They have a professional responsibility to at least do the minimum. Whoever maintains the site fails the minimum requirement.

I agree with the original poster, less fluff, more facts please.

Yes we are all paying customers and as such should have expectations for what we get from their site. Has anyone ever tried using the search function on that site? It's a joke. And the content? The whole site reminds me of the little old lady in the Wendy's ads asking, "Where's the meat?"

That's like saying "I'm only gonna get dirty again so why should I take a shower?" I don't really feel strongly about this but as a journalism grad, the minimum you should expect to do is the basic facts: who, what, where, when, why, how, and how much. The basic fundamentals. Whatever a person's job is, that is their profession until they do something else. They have a professional responsibility to at least do the minimum. Whoever maintains the site fails the minimum requirement.

I agree with the original poster, less fluff, more facts please.

Yes we are all paying customers and as such should have expectations for what we get from their site. Has anyone ever tried using the search function on that site? It's a joke. And the content? The whole site reminds me of the little old lady in the Wendy's ads asking, "Where's the meat?"

I think u misunderstood what I was saying...the Bills are the paying costumers to whatever webmaster site they are useing...we are by-customer's I guess you can say..we dont "pay" to use that site, but its there for us to view as fans...any way you look at it, the Bills are paying someone to keep that site updated...they are not getting there moneys worth...or maybe they are..no-one knows what they pay I guess.

Whoohoo support...

I mean why even bother even having the roster/transactions/depthchart... Just have Chris Brown open his own blog at blogspot.com and change the website to simply have one button "buy tickets - here - now".

O.K. I admit you are right. It is frustrating. I know when T.O. was signed, I looked at the roster a couple of times because I couldn't believe it was true. It didn't take too long for his name to go up, but we all know it took some time for his # to go up.

BTW, I emailed Chris Brown back when Owens signed, asking him when will T.O.'s # go up? He finally replied to me - just last Friday... he said there was a "negotiation" that had to take place... Hmmmmm... Not the way it's been reported.

O.K. I admit you are right. It is frustrating. I know when T.O. was signed, I looked at the roster a couple of times because I couldn't believe it was true. It didn't take too long for his name to go up, but we all know it took some time for his # to go up.

BTW, I emailed Chris Brown back when Owens signed, asking him when will T.O.'s # go up? He finally replied to me - just last Friday... he said there was a "negotiation" that had to take place... Hmmmmm... Not the way it's been reported.

I guess it's cool that he caught up on his emails and got back to you at the least. I'm sure he gets quite a few so better late than never.

I guess it's cool that he caught up on his emails and got back to you at the least. I'm sure he gets quite a few so better late than never.

I kinda feel sorry for him. On the surface, he has a "dream job" but when you think about what he has to deal with... I'm sure all his material has to fall within strict guidelines - not to mention the fact that team has been horrible since before he's been there.