Who thinks the players the Bills take at #28 or #42

Anyone feel that the Bills will either draft a player not expected to be taken at that point(#28 or #42) or even worse draft a player at a position which is not considered a "need".

If so, what is your worst nightmare in terms of this.

Based on the Bills recent drafts, I expect they will pick good players who can contribute and make the team better. I also think some of the picks won't work out as hoped.

IMO, the Bills drafts have been fine (if not perfect). The Bills have two major problems: Coaching and the inability to retain some of their star players.

I don't know about reaches, but you might see Buffalo take one of "their" guys instead of the "highest rated" prospect.

It honestly would not surprise me at all if Buffalo went defense with both 1st round picks (i.e. Brian Cushing @ 11 and Larry English @ 28, which would have me doing jumping jacks), and then took a tackle at 42. The guy I like at OT in the 2nd is somewhat of a late bloomer, South Carolina's Jamon Meredith.

He played LG during his Sophomore and Junior seasons, and then kicked out to tackle his Senior year. Without a ton of experience at the position, he held up really well in pass protection and has great footwork. He's got a textbook knee-bend and can kick-slide or bucket-step depending on his blocking assignment. I'd personally like to see him get bigger and thicker in the forearms and shoulders to aide his drive-blocking abilities, but if Buffalo's targeting an under-the-radar LT prospect, Meredith could be the guy.

The worst thing (IMO) would be to see the Bills trade up in the 1st to take a tackle (Such as Oher) with legitimate concerns, while losing draft picks.

If we traded up for Monroe, or even Smith, I wouldn't be fond of it, but I couldn't blame them for filling a hole with a good/great player.

Connor Barwin at 28 would probably be considered a slight reach, Duke Robinson at #42 - not sure if a reach or not, but he's sort of fallen under the radar for a guy that people touted as the clear cut top guard. How about Raji at 11 and Loadholt or Beatty in the 3rd.

Taking a Saftey or Corner within the first three rounds is what I fear most.

And yet I could see it happening. That's the scary part.

I see them going after Sidbury if he's available, perhaps as early as 28 if they go OT or LB at 11. It's a weak 4-3 LB class this year, with most of the OLB's being of the rush variety.

Anyone feel that the Bills will either draft a player not expected to be taken at that point(#28 or #42) or even worse draft a player at a position which is not considered a "need".

If so, what is your worst nightmare in terms of this.

worst scenario?

we draft a WR, RB and a CB/Saftey.....

in reality we probably reach on a DB of some sort - maybe malcom jenkins to play saftey with whitner? i see DJ screwing it up and doing that.

I don't know about reaches, but you might see Buffalo take one of "their" guys instead of the "highest rated" prospect.

It honestly would not surprise me at all if Buffalo went defense with both 1st round picks (i.e. Brian Cushing @ 11 and Larry English @ 28, which would have me doing jumping jacks), and then took a tackle at 42. The guy I like at OT in the 2nd is somewhat of a late bloomer, South Carolina's Jamon Meredith.

He played LG during his Sophomore and Junior seasons, and then kicked out to tackle his Senior year. Without a ton of experience at the position, he held up really well in pass protection and has great footwork. He's got a textbook knee-bend and can kick-slide or bucket-step depending on his blocking assignment. I'd personally like to see him get bigger and thicker in the forearms and shoulders to aide his drive-blocking abilities, but if Buffalo's targeting an under-the-radar LT prospect, Meredith could be the guy.

That's a great analysis. Does Meredith project to be a better pro than Beatty?

And I don't understand what all the hubbub is about Larry English. He reminds me of Everette Brown in that he's a DE in a LB body.

That's a great analysis. Does Meredith project to be a better pro than Beatty?

And I don't understand what all the hubbub is about Larry English. He reminds me of Everette Brown in that he's a DE in a LB body.

I don't think too many analysts would put Meredith ahead of Beatty, but I personally think he'll be a better pro. He's got natural tackle ability, which is somewhat rare for a guy that played mostly at guard.

The big deal with English is his burst and his cornering. He's probably the best in this draft at dropping his inside shoulder and getting small around the tackle, and his leg strength is so good that he doesn't lose any speed when he turns the corner, which allows him to really accelerate to the QB.

In terms of body style, he is similar to Brown, but English spent so much time as a down lineman that I believe he immediately contributes as a situational pass rusher.

Hope that helps.