Steeler Source says trade for Bills wide receiver Parrish

SKOOBY

Yeah, ALL of those teams are interested in this TERRIBLE WR according to posters on this board. I still do not understand why so many people on this board are HAPPY to give Parrish away for a low round pick. He is worth KEEPING for his return skills alone.

Again.-He is one of our better players. We need to get rid of him.Pretty soon we will be dumping Lynch,McKelvin,Jackson,...and--I'm trying to think of other really good Bills players............McGEE!!!.....and......hmm someone help me here.--I'd say Stroud but we may actually keep him.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why, if i see the logic in all of the reasons to trade roscoe, do i have to be labeled a "roscoe hater"??

i wish the Bills were in a position to be able to keep him around. they arent. they have much bigger worries than punt returner, especially since we have 2 others. one of which may even be better.

Leodis and/or Jaskcon can do PR. Trade him while he is still worth something to another team. It's only a matter of time until he either starts to lose a step, or the kids coming out of college covering special teams catch up to his speed, or both.

As much of a fan as I am of Roscoe, it's a good idea for the Bills to trade him now.

How do we get better by doing this?

By replacing the "best punt returner in the league" with the NEW best punt returner in the league, and using the pick Parrish gets us for help at O-line, and using the money freed up on signing Jackson (or insert any other player).

I wonder if the Bills willingness to trade Roscoe is affected by the new rules regarding Kick/Punt return blocking. The new rules change the way team can block on kick/punts. Maybe the Bills feel than Roscoe won't be as successful under the new rules ?

Maybe the Bills feel than Roscoe won't be as successful under the new rules ?

Having a few other really talented guys that actually go on the field for more than returns might be closer to the truth.

The report indicates that the Steelers have been discussions for Parrish’s services as they are a club in need of a #3 wideout. Most thought the Steelers would have Limas Sweed step into the role this season, but the possibility of getting a two-for-one threat in Parrish has apparently proved attractive.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/20/m...ish-trade-talk/

Fairweather fans....

Not really, or are some "inside sources" clueing you in to what type of fan I am?

It's funny, because here in Pittsburgh, I've been hearing the same thing about the Pirates for the last 12 years or so. Always waiting for that perfect alignment of young, super talented players that you don't have to pay a lot of money to. They haven't seen .500 for 16 years.

I live in SWFL surrounded by fin fans & I have been getting hard rubbed for a bit.

Well that's great. I've been in Pittsburgh almost 30 years and a fan close to 40. While I did enjoy the 92? playoff game where Reich came in and beat them, the victories have been few and far between. And I've had to put up with the rest of the winning that has gone here on while lately my team is lucky to stay in the game with a good team.

Quite frankly, I'm tired of OBD not caring about winning.

Let's see how badly the Bills get fleeced on this trade---Philly already fleeced them pretty good by the Bills inexplicably allowing them to give them their 28th pick in the 1st round instead of their 21st...

Anything less than a 3rd rounder and I think the Bills got fleeced again---punt returners like Parrish that force teams to literally change the way they punt to you don't just grow on trees. When a team forces their punter to either kick very high and short, kick low so it rolls on the ground, or force him to kick out of bounds to avoid Parrish returning the punt, you automatically are gaining more field position on top of what he provides to you on the returns....players that cause that type of fear in other teams just don't grow on trees, and for the Bills to basically be looking to give him away for a 5th rounder, if those reports are true, just shows how clueless they are...

Would you actually expect Buffalo to do anything other than put themselves on the short end of the stick. The old man has to be making these decisions. Peters was worth more than a .500 QB. Those are facts.

Let's see how badly the Bills get fleeced on this trade---Philly already fleeced them pretty good by the Bills inexplicably allowing them to give them their 28th pick in the 1st round instead of their 21st...

We still don't know the full compensation in regards to the next years conditional pick. If as per the rumor from the other site is true, then we could be getting Philly's next years 2nd rounder.....If so, I don't know how bad the deal was aligned towards the Bills.

The reason the deal would be logical, is twofold. First he is a proven wide receiver, (something the team needs with the loss of Nate Washington) but of more importance is what he can do as a return man.

If there is a downside, it’s he stands just 5-foot-9, 168 pounds, not exactly the wanted size of a starting receiver in the NFL. His career average per catch is just over ten yards

http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-...ceiver-possible

Proven wide receiver? Am I missing something here? He's played 55 games and had 97 catches for an average of 1.76 catches per game. Not what I would call a proven wide receiver. Kick & punt returner, yes. Proven wide receiver, no.

Again.-He is one of our better players. We need to get rid of him.

He's not one of our better players, he's one of our most overrated players. He is absolutly useless as a receiver and when Freddy filled in he played great at the position. I hate Parrish and his constant moaning of how he should be used more, well maybe if he could beat a jam he would.