I have a Man-crush on Pettigrew

Maddog69

I have to admit, I have fallen in fan-love with Pettigrew and I want the Bills to take him at 11. I think Buffalo needs to take advantage of the opportunity to grab the best TE in the draft. We have not had a difference maker at TE in decades. With Trents penchant for the dump off, Pettigrew would be a huge security blanket for Trent. I don't think there is another player we could take at 11 who could have this big of an immediate impact on the team unless Raji or Curry drops.

I WANT PETTIGREW. :wallbash:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, I have fallen in fan-love with Pettigrew and I want the Bills to take him at 11. I think Buffalo needs to take advantage of the opportunity to grab the best TE in the draft. We have not had a difference maker at TE in decades. With Trents penchant for the dump off, Pettigrew would be a huge security blanket for Trent. I don't think there is another player we could take at 11 who could have this big of an immediate impact on the team unless Raji or Curry drops.

I WANT PETTIGREW. :thumbsup:

I'm right with ya on that one! :wallbash:

I WANT PETTIGREW. :wallbash:

I'm just not that sure he is a difference maker. He is not that fast and Fine is a Fine blocker, so what is the gain???

I want him on the Bills too. But I really think he can be had with the 28th pick. We need to grab a LT with 11. But if we're not sure on whether he'll last until 28, we can try and move up a few spots.

Why do we NEED to draft a LT at 11?

Why do we NEED to draft a LT at 11?

Because IMO that's where the value for them is. Smith, Monroe and Smith all figure to go early and Oher won't last until pick 28.

We have a serious problem in Buffalo, where in the 2009 NFL season we will have an entirely new LT, LG and C. It doesn't matter if we have Evans, Owens, Lynch, and Jackson. How's Edwards gonna get them the ball when his blindside protection isn't fortified? Good LT's go early and we need one now. Just my honest opinion.

Because IMO that's where the value for them is. Smith, Monroe and Smith all figure to go early and Oher won't last until pick 28.

But why do we need to take a LT in the 1st round at all?

When Walker was at LT and Chambers at RT, the line was more than good. The pass protection was excellent. Not to mention we also have Bell, who we hear is progressing really well. Sure, Bell hasn't played a down in this league, but neither has any tackle in the draft.

I think selecting a tackle in the 1st round would be dumb with our other needs.

We have a serious problem in Buffalo, where in the 2009 NFL season we will have an entirely new LT, LG and C. It doesn't matter if we have Evans, Owens, Lynch, and Jackson. How's Edwards gonna get them the ball when his blindside protection isn't fortified? Good LT's go early and we need one now. Just my honest opinion.

There's a few more good prospects at LT.

Ebben Britton probably could be had at the 28 spot. I think this guy could be a really good one.

Beatty is another good possibility, or even maybe in the second or third Loadholdt. Also, we really don't know how optimistic they may be about Bell. I know, he hasn't done anything in the NFL yet, but still, we don't know what the Bills feelings are regarding what he can do. If they believe they can make him into a good tackle, then that could affect in how early they would want to draft a LT.

There are a lot of variables that I'm pretty sure that none of us are privy to.

I don't think Oher would start at LT immediately. He would probably come in at LG or RT and would need to develop. I think we can get prespect at 28 or in Rd2 that is roughly as good as Oher. I think the drop off after Pettigrew is steeper. We have the chance to take the absolute best TE in the draft or the 4th best OT who is not significantly better than the 7-8th best OT.

I heard in NFLN yesterday that some scouts don't think Oher can play LT in the NFL. I don't know enough about him to say.

I just think that the Bills should take the opportunity to draft a difference maker. I like the idea of taking the best player at a position rather than the 3rd or 4th best OT or DE.

as most know by now, i too would be very happy with PETTIGREW at #11, i would be happier with Pettigrew at #13. The Bills do NOT have to take a LT at #11. They should take the best available athlete at a position of need which is pretty much TE, OL, DL, LB. i have said this in other posts but here is what i would do with the 11th pick, if certain players are still there. for the purposes of this debate i will assume Kipers top six players are gone.

#1- RAJI - DT(currently ranked 8th by Kiper)

#2- Andre SMITH - OT(ranked 12th by Kiper)

#3- Eugene Monroe - OT (ranked 9th by Kiper)

#3- trade down a little (pick Pettigrew)

#4- Pettigrew (ranked #7 by Kiper) ( if no trade down offers)

i do NOT like any of the Hybrid DE's including Orapko & Maybin

i'd hate it if we took a TE with the 11th pick in the draft.

I agree. I really like Pettigrew, and would not be against drafting him at all, just not at 11. He is going to be available anywhere from 5-15 picks after that spot, and I think there is going to be some partners to trade down with this year. The possibilities of that will only increase if Sanchez falls out of the top 10.

I agree. I really like Pettigrew, and would not be against drafting him at all, just not at 11. He is going to be available anywhere from 5-15 picks after that spot, and I think there is going to be some partners to trade down with this year. The possibilities of that will only increase if Sanchez falls out of the top 10.

Wow. I couldn't wait to find one of the losers that thinks this way this year so I could make fun of them. I can't believe people actually say "I wouldn't draft this player at __ slot, but trade down 3-5 picks and I would."

What in the HELL sense does that make, honestly? You draft a player based on how good he is. If he's a good player, you draft him, and if he isn't, then you don't. It aint rocket science.

At pick 11 he's not good, but at 16 he all of a sudden is a good player now? Wtf?

Wow. I couldn't wait to find one of the losers that thinks this way this year so I could make fun of them. I can't believe people actually say "I wouldn't draft this player at __ slot, but trade down 3-5 picks and I would."

What in the HELL sense does that make, honestly? You draft a player based on how good he is. If he's a good player, you draft him, and if he isn't, then you don't. It aint rocket science.

At pick 11 he's not good, but at 16 he all of a sudden is a good player now? Wtf?

If you can add another draft pick, or even two, and still get the player that you are targeting why the hell wouldn't you? If Pettigrew is their guy and they think that they have to jump on him at #11 to get him, then by all means do it. However, it is smart management, especially considering the massive amount of needs this team has on both sides of the ball, to add picks and still get your guy if there is a team desperately looking to trade up. THAT is why the HELL it makes sense. When did I ever say that he wasn't a good player if he was picked at #11? Trading down and getting Pettigrew is simply a better scenario than staying at #11 and taking him if you are putting both things on the table. What is better - Pettigrew or Pettigrew plus a 3rd round pick that you get in a trade down? How does this not make sense to you?

If you can add another draft pick, or even two, and still get the player that you are targeting why the hell wouldn't you? If Pettigrew is their guy and they think that they have to jump on him at #11 to get him, then by all means do it. However, it is smart management, especially considering the massive amount of needs this team has on both sides of the ball, to add picks and still get your guy if there is a team desperately looking to trade up. THAT is why the HELL it makes sense. When did I ever say that he wasn't a good player if he was picked at #11? Trading down and getting Pettigrew is simply a better scenario than staying at #11 and taking him if you are putting both things on the table. What is better - Pettigrew or Pettigrew plus a 3rd round pick that you get in a trade down? How does this not make sense to you?

Of course it makes sense to trade down a few spots and take him, while acquiring an extra pick.

You said you wouldn't take him at 11, but would draft him at 16. That is not the same thing.

Of course it makes sense to trade down a few spots and take him, while acquiring an extra pick.

You said you wouldn't take him at 11, but would draft him at 16. That is not the same thing.

I'm pretty sure I referenced a trade down, that would obviously include adding pick(s), in my original post.

But why do we need to take a LT in the 1st round at all?

When Walker was at LT and Chambers at RT, the line was more than good. The pass protection was excellent. Not to mention we also have Bell, who we hear is progressing really well. Sure, Bell hasn't played a down in this league, but neither has any tackle in the draft.

I think selecting a tackle in the 1st round would be dumb with our other needs.

Not to mention that Pettigrew is a good blocker so it is like having an extra linemen on the field (that is a little extreme but you know what i mean)

I want Pettigrew too the more time goes on.......Edwards is going to need a dump off valve he can trust because OL protection IS going to break down here and there....he needs somewhere he can go with the ball in those situations.

I just dont like him at 11......if we could trade down just a few spots and pick up an extra 3rd

I'm pretty sure I referenced a trade down, that would obviously include adding pick(s), in my original post.

You said this:

How can you like a player at 16, but not like him at 11? He's the same player...

Guest dog14787

I WANT PETTIGREW. :thumbsup:

You said it, Pettigrew would be a huge security blanket for TE and would also help ease the loss of Jason Peters. :wallbash: