Rhodes

I was actually thinking the same thing this week. I see another RB with one of those 9 picks as well-- maybe one of the first 4.

RB is a low shelf life position. Most crap out after 5-6 years and the way Lynch runs I can see him on that scale.....so both from a behavior and a practical standpoint....hmmmmmmm

Get your salt shaker and lime ready Buffalo

I really think that Lynch will be traded. If he had not gotten into trouble we may have had a chance at going 3-0. Rhodes and Jackson will be highly motivated for produce this season. The days of using only a single rb are done. Would not be surprised if we stop drafting rb's in the first for good.

I really think that Lynch will be traded. If he had not gotten into trouble we may have had a chance at going 3-0. Rhodes and Jackson will be highly motivated for produce this season. The days of using only a single rb are done. Would not be surprised if we stop drafting rb's in the first for good.

Wonder what we could get for Lynch. That on top of the other offseason moves would make for quite a wild ride.

Jesus people. Rhodes is a 30 year old re-tread. He is there to spell Jackson in case Omon isn't ready weeks 1-3 next year. This doesn't/shouldn't mean anything for Lynch. Lynch should stay put. He's 22. With Jackson being 28 and Rhodes being 30, neither is the future at RB for Buffalo. Lynch is. And thanks to his off the field issues, he won't be banging down the door of the FO for MJD-type $$ just yet, so we won't have to trade him away a la Jason Peters.

Jesus people. Rhodes is a 30 year old re-tread. He is there to spell Jackson in case Omon isn't ready weeks 1-3 next year. This doesn't/shouldn't mean anything for Lynch. Lynch should stay put. He's 22. With Jackson being 28 and Rhodes being 30, neither is the future at RB for Buffalo. Lynch is. And thanks to his off the field issues, he won't be banging down the door of the FO for MJD-type $$ just yet, so we won't have to trade him away a la Jason Peters.

Bingo. Agree with everything you said. Finally, a smart post in this dumb thread. Lynch isn't going anywhere, he is the franchise RB and is the long term future of the Bills rushing attack.

yes Lynch will be in shape, but not football shape. History shows that guys who hold out, show up in shape, but need a few games to under their belts before they can shoulder the load, or get hurt.

I'm pretty sure suspended players are alowed to attend Training Camp & play in the Preseason. RB's also do not need the time to adjust to others as O-Linemen do, Lynch should be fine.

I think this means Parrish is gone. This frees up Jackson to split return duties with McKelvin and be the 3rd down back.

possibly, i was thinking more along the lines of preparing for jackson's exit or in case he holds out for a decent contract...

I'm pretty sure suspended players are alowed to attend Training Camp & play in the Preseason. RB's also do not need the time to adjust to others as O-Linemen do, Lynch should be fine.

Yep. Lynch can participate in everything except for the games for which he is suspended.

possibly, i was thinking more along the lines of preparing for jackson's exit or in case he holds out for a decent contract...

Jackson won't hold out. He's an RFA. My understand is that he gets seriously dicked over if he holds out. Once the rookie contracts are settled I would like to see him get a bonus, but a long-term deal? Seeing that we could turn our #2RB into a first rounder next year? (Still waiting on confirmation of that by TG, but he's been a bit busy lately) I wouldn't sign him to a long term contract, not if that's the case. Someone said it yesterday, that people on this board treat Jackson like he's the second coming of Walter Payton and it's true. <_<

y'all need to lighten up on the venom being spewed about. I only said it was a thought. With a salary cap and all, one has to watch every dollar.

Not to be a buzz kill, but Yahoo rated Buffalo as the 5th toughest place to live in the USA. Hope things make a turn for the better.