How do YOU grade Buffalo's off-season, thus far?

Justice

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pluses: Added draft picks in what's considered a deep draft, T.O., cleared a salary room, avoided overpaying for a good LT who didn't want to be here, got to see a really funny video of the "monster tackle" LB Thomas made on Turner last year.

Minuses: New holes created at RT and TE (assuming Walker moves to LT) and Chambers plays LG.

Grade: Incomplete.

Seriously? Hole created at TE? I think it's definitely time for us all to take a step back from the ledge. We could cut every TE currently on the roster and still not create any larger hole than what already exists. Quite honestly, I'd just prefer they did cut all our TE's and use the roster spot on some other position all together. We haven't had a TE worth a damn on this team in years, why even pretend anymore?

All last season there were posts saying we need to get rid of dead weight players like:

Fowler

Preston

Losman

Royal

Kelsey (if he goes)

And I agree, so no real lose with any of those guys...

I really don't think we lose anything with Dockery either.

Crowell didn't play at all last year, so as far as looking at if the

team is better or not from last year...it really doesn't matter because

he didn't play...but again, I don't think he is as much of a loss as some

others think...I was never that impressed with him and to hear him now

tauted as a stud by some on the board seems laughable to me.

Peters (like Crowell) how much worse is the team than last year...well

considering his season last year I don't see how we could do that much worse.

Sure, if he would have played up to his abilities this season, its a big loss...but

he didn't want to be here and I'm not sure he would have played up to the "best LT

in the league" if he did stay and play for the Bills this year. So, the FO got some

nice picks for him...good move because we were never again going to get Jason's best

(not to say Philly won't)

Greer...big loss, loved the guy...wish he could have stayed, but for the money we

would have had to pay and with McKelvin already on the team, the move was in

the best interest of the team, you don't want to have too much of your money wrapped

up in CBs.

As we've all stated, we had three 7-9 seasons in a row...change had to come...keeping

continuity was about keeping the same schemes/leadership not all of the same players

if they weren't performing (that is if the continuity thing wasn't just an excuse to keep Jauron).

So, what did we really lose...Greer (with McKelvin in the wings) and Peters

(if he would have played his best which was a big "If")

What have we added before the draft?

TO...makes the team better

Hangartner...cannot be worse than Preston and Fowler...makes the team better

McKinney...good depth

Florence...good depth/flexibility

Rhodes...makes the team better (not just for suspension time but in case of injury to starting 2)

Fitzpatrick...better than JP, will have better relationship with Trent than JP...makes the team better

Thomas...good depth/flexibility

So, I would ask do the above 7 players add equal or more value to the overall team (talent and heart-wise)

than Greer and Peters?

My answer is yes, so I give the Bills a B grade at this point, but also agree that they need to

do well in this draft to maintain or increase that ranking.