Buffalo loves Levitre

Ran across a pay-to-see piece on BuffaloFootballReport.com. It says in there that the Bills O-Line coach told Andy Levitre he is the No. 1 guard on their board.

We have a ton of needs, but it might be worth taking this guy in the 2nd. The O-Line still has a loooong way to go.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we use a 2nd on Levitre then we need to clean house in the front office. This guy was abused at the combine in drills, he was average his senior year. He has short arms and my lasting impression of this guy is Ayers and Veikune absolutely bull rushing him at combine and dumping him on his ass.

NO TO LEVITRE.....PLEASE

PFW has him ranked #1 over Robinson, Urbik, and Johnson.

"Converted left tackle who lacks the size and arm length desired on the outside and projects to the left guard spot at the next level. Is very smart, quick and strong-handed and his best pro position might be at center. However, Levitre has never played the position in college and could take some time to get adjusted to snapping and stepping. Possess the toughness and versatility so highly desired by teams and should be able to start at any of three interior line positions from Day One, although a move to center could require a longer adjustment period."

Levitre is going to be a very good Guard in the NFL for a very long time.

I'm with you on this one. Robinson was who I was hoping for a couple weeks ago, then after reading of his lazy work habit and that he is more of a mauler, not a fit for the zone blocking scheme, Levitre moved up to the top of my wish list. I also think he's gonna be a good gaurd in the pros. I wouldnt mind picking him up in the second round, ideally third.

You can never really tell, go back a couple of years ago and guess that a "fat" tight end named jason peters is to be holding out for a second straight year but we maybe able to get a couple first rounders from the eagles for him.......you just never know its a crap shoot.

Ran across a pay-to-see piece on BuffaloFootballReport.com. It says in there that the Bills O-Line coach told Andy Levitre he is the No. 1 guard on their board.

We have a ton of needs, but it might be worth taking this guy in the 2nd. The O-Line still has a loooong way to go.

What about one of the centers before a pure guard?? That would be my choice.

What about one of the centers before a pure guard?? That would be my choice.

I posted previously that I think the approach has to be Mack and Unger before any guards. Both centers will be fine players and both can play guard as was restated during the Senior Bowl where they alternated time at the two positions. Levitre and Robinson have to be considered the next two "interior offensive linemen." I would be happy with Levitre and Robinson, at our pick at #75 (3rd round). I want defensive front 7 with our first two picks, OL in the 3rd round and TE in the 4th round.

Of course this assumes we re-sign Peters and remain at our current draft positions. It also depends on who's available when. I'd be happy with Mack or Unger at #42 (2nd round) going back to defensive front 7 in round 3 if it looks like a better play.