Syracuse Native Greg Paulus - QB - Buffalo Bills

He was an absolutely dominating QB coming out of HS. No reason not to take a look at him. He needs about 20 pounds and he's good. Can't be any worse than Drew Hensen

He could be a LOT worse than Henson. Henson at least played college football at the D1 level. Paulus hasn't played organized football beyond HS and that was 4 years ago.

PS I agree with the earlier poster who said that Paulus handled the benching in a classy manner this past season.

Per ESPN via Rotoworld, its now official - Paulus will be at Michigan:

Former Duke point guard Greg Paulus will join Michigan's football team and be given an opportunity to compete for the starting quarterback job this fall.

Paulus, an All-American quarterback in high school, will graduate from Duke in June. He has one year of football eligibility and will enroll as a graduate student at Michigan. Paulus recent worked out for the Packers.

Source: ESPN.com

Per ESPN via Rotoworld, its now official - Paulus will be at Michigan:

Former Duke point guard Greg Paulus will join Michigan's football team and be given an opportunity to compete for the starting quarterback job this fall.

Paulus, an All-American quarterback in high school, will graduate from Duke in June. He has one year of football eligibility and will enroll as a graduate student at Michigan. Paulus recent worked out for the Packers.

Source: ESPN.com

Which means RichRod is starting to get desperate, IMO. But if you actually read the story on ESPN, nothing's official yet:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4073430

Which means RichRod is starting to get desperate, IMO.

He's feeling the pressure no doubt...As a Michigan Football Fan I could have told RR what he was getting ready to step into...We as Michigan Fans pretty much ran Lloyd Carr out cause he could not beat the sweater-vested one...But Carr was certainly not bad...RichRod is expected to come in and build a Program that can go toe-to-toe with Ohio State...NOTHING less will do...nothing less...

Your not in West Virginia any more Rich...Welcome to the jungle... :thumbsup:

He was on PTI today for 5 Good Minutes. It was an interesting segment and he said he's been throwing every day. I think if it's true that Rodriguez is offering the starting job at Michigan, he should do it. He could be one of those high potential, high risk, sleeper draft picks next year. He's definately a talented athelete.

Very intriguing.

Which means RichRod is starting to get desperate, IMO. But if you actually read the story on ESPN, nothing's official yet:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4073430

Yeah, on PTI today he said he's still looking at his options and will make a decision on what's best for him. But one way or another, he will be playing football next year.

Yeah, on PTI today he said he's still looking at his options and will make a decision on what's best for him. But one way or another, he will be playing football next year.

How bad is Michigan that this is their best prospect for QB? That he may walk on and be their starting QB?

He's feeling the pressure no doubt...As a Michigan Football Fan I could have told RR what he was getting ready to step into...We as Michigan Fans pretty much ran Lloyd Carr out cause he could not beat the sweater-vested one...But Carr was certainly not bad...RichRod is expected to come in and build a Program that can go toe-to-toe with Ohio State...NOTHING less will do...nothing less...

Your not in West Virginia any more Rich...Welcome to the jungle... :thumbsup:

If Paulus ends up at Michigan,he won't be any better than 3rd string IMO. I think Rodriguez is offering him a spot to push freshman QB Tate Forcier and keep him from getting a fat head over the summer. The kid has looked great at spring practices and looks like a lock to start in the fall. The more competition the better. GO BLUE

I always thought that Paulus made the wrong decision in going with basketball over football. It showed this year with the Blue Devils kinda screwing the poor guy over. I don't know if he could really do enough with his 1 year of eligibility to get himself into the NFL. He was an excellent QB coming out of HS though so maybe he's still got it.

Drew Hanson?

FYI, per Rotoworld:

Former Duke PG Greg Paulus will join the Syracuse football team this fall, according to ESPN's Joe Schad.

It's a much better fit than Michigan. SU's new coach, Doug Marrone, is New Orleans' old offensive coordinator, figures to run a pro-style offense, and has some history with "short" QBs. Paulus still faces an uphill battle to start.

Hope he has a great year!