Question

Yes...but Poz was a second rounder.

The year the Bills took Donte Whitner and John McCargo in 2006.

And before that, the Bills also traded up for a second 1st-rounder to pick JP Losman in 2004 (Lee Evans was the first). Slightly different question: When was the last time the Bills had two 1st-round picks, but didn't acquire one of them by trading up from their 2nd-round pick?

I'm actually not sure of the answer. In 1986, the Bills picked Ronnie Harmon with the #16 pick that originally belonged to Cleveland, and picked Will Wolford with the #20 pick that originally belonged to Dallas. Obviously there was some wheeling and dealing there, but I don't know if it happened on draft day or prior to the draft. I do know the Bills didn't have a 2nd-round pick that year, so that suggests they may have traded up for Wolford. The year before, the Bills picked Bruce with their own pick at #1 overall, and Derrick Burroughs at #14. (Those worked out about equally well.) The Bills also picked Mark Traynowicz in the second round at #29 overall, so it looks like 1985 definitely gets us there, even if 1986 doesn't.

And by the way, ESPN's draft history tool is really cool, even if they made it impossible to find:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/history