Rhodes in town

Rhodes got a big-money deal with the Raiders after the Super Bowl and then got cut by the Raiders in a cost-cutting move. The Colts signed him at the time for I think a year, which is why he is a FA now.

I don't view this as an indictment of Omon, just that they'd rather go with a trusted vet for pass protection.

Cha-ching. Thank you. Would be a great signing. Good night.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cha-ching. Thank you. Would be a great signing. Good night.

Not just a great signing but a perfect signing for the "new" Bufelon Bills.

From Buffalo Rumblings,

"His one season in Oakland included a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. He was also arrested in February of 2007 for drunk driving, eventually pleading guilty. His license was suspended for 180 days and he was fined $2,000 as a result of the incident."

O.K. We can put Ko (Not O.J.) Simpson, Lynch and Rhodes in an SUV. Now....who drives? Simpson of course! He has no driving issues.

Yet

Now, if we can bring back Hargrove.......we'd have one hell of a foursome.

:rolleyes:

From Buffalo Rumblings,

"His one season in Oakland included a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. He was also arrested in February of 2007 for drunk driving, eventually pleading guilty. His license was suspended for 180 days and he was fined $2,000 as a result of the incident."

O.K. We can put Ko (Not O.J.) Simpson, Lynch and Rhodes in an SUV. Now....who drives? Simpson of course! He has no driving issues.

Yet

:rolleyes:

I believe that's why he got the four game suspension - from the DUI. He had been in the program prior to that I believe in Indy.

All negativity aside, I cannot think of ANY of the 32 teams that haven't had a rash of arrests/player trouble. During the season last year Santonio Holmes got busted for weed and admitted to dealing when he was younger. The NFL is littered with troubled and disturbed people who like to hit each other. HARD.

Not everyone's going to be well adjusted and the notion of character everyone's espousing isn't the off field as much as the on.

I believe that's why he got the four game suspension - from the DUI. He had been in the program prior to that I believe in Indy.

All negativity aside, I cannot think of ANY of the 32 teams that haven't had a rash of arrests/player trouble. During the season last year Santonio Holmes got busted for weed and admitted to dealing when he was younger. The NFL is littered with troubled and disturbed people who like to hit each other. HARD.

Not everyone's going to be well adjusted and the notion of character everyone's espousing isn't the off field as much as the on.

Naw, we should continue to field the all-choir boy team. It's worked so well in the past. <_<

sign him. He's better than any other option. Yes, better than Dunn or Foster.

Based on production, he's better than virtually every other RB that was available in FA. Which makes me wonder why he's still available?

From Buffalo Rumblings,

Yet

CHAMPIONSHIP.......

<_<

At this point i would sit pat. Wait till after the draft at the earliest. Rhodes has been sitting there for a while and no ones touched him. Wait till draft day. See what transpires. Personally i would not sign a RB till later in the summer. Could get a good Vet for cheap at that point. And learning a teams system is not difficult for a RB.

The NFL is littered with troubled and disturbed people who like to hit each other. HARD.

The NFL is also littered with about 2000 21-35 year old guys. Out of that 2000, how many get arrested in any given year? Probably about the same as any group of 2000 random 21-35 guys. And these guys have a lot of money and time and other people wanting them to get in trouble.

At this point i would sit pat. Wait till after the draft at the earliest. Rhodes has been sitting there for a while and no ones touched him. Wait till draft day. See what transpires. Personally i would not sign a RB till later in the summer. Could get a good Vet for cheap at that point. And learning a teams system is not difficult for a RB.

Why wait? Fill a need and don't waste another draft pick on a position at which the Bills are 2-deep, and just need a replacement for a game or 3. And no rookie (especially a later-rounder, which is all I would advocate the Bills using) will be able to pass pro like Rhodes.

The NFL is also littered with about 2000 21-35 year old guys. Out of that 2000, how many get arrested in any given year? Probably about the same as any group of 2000 random 21-35 guys. And these guys have a lot of money and time and other people wanting them to get in trouble.

You're heading into PPP purgatory with this post.

Have a field day with the data.

You're heading into PPP purgatory with this post.

Have a field day with the data.

Does it have an NFL or Pro Athlete page?

I would be shocked if 100 or so out of every random group of 2000 young guys didn't get in a similar amount of bar fights and DUIs and smacking around their girlfriends. Not that there is anything right with that.

Now, out of every 2000 or so random guys, you may not find a Travis Henry, but he may be the outlier. <_<

Why wait? Fill a need and don't waste another draft pick on a position at which the Bills are 2-deep, and just need a replacement for a game or 3. And no rookie (especially a later-rounder, which is all I would advocate the Bills using) will be able to pass pro like Rhodes.

The only possible reason to sign someone now is if they do not expect to keep Omon....as you say, lynch will be out a game or 3 (I'm hoping a single game with appeal, but who knows), and we all know the #3 RB hardly saw the field last year. Neither Lynch or Jackson are what I would consider fragile, so why waste money (even vet minimum) on a guy who'll be sitting on the bench the whole year? I'd rather wait and react only when the actual need is there to do so...

Does it have an NFL or Pro Athlete page?

I would be shocked if 100 or so out of every random group of 2000 young guys didn't get in a similar amount of bar fights and DUIs and smacking around their girlfriends. Not that there is anything right with that.

Now, out of every 2000 or so random guys, you may not find a Travis Henry, but he may be the outlier. <_<

You could make an argument that based on the peer sample of socio-economic backgrounds of NFL players, the actual incident rate for players is lower than that of the peer group.