Just got back from An Evening With The Dead in Greensboro, NC

Corp000085

Absolutely ridiculous show. Great atmosphere, great music, great time. The guys are 15 years older, and Jerry is still dead, but it was awesome. Warren Haynes played lead guitar and it just rocked. Got a scattered cheer with the "truckin up to buffalo" line too.

Absolutely ridiculous show. Great atmosphere, great music, great time. The guys are 15 years older, and Jerry is still dead, but it was awesome. Warren Haynes played lead guitar and it just rocked. Got a scattered cheer with the "truckin up to buffalo" line too.

Warren is amazing. He's playing the Dead up here on May 10th, then with the Allman Bros on the 12th and 13th and then again with the Dean on the 14th. And you just got back? That is one hell of a show.

Warren is amazing. He's playing the Dead up here on May 10th, then with the Allman Bros on the 12th and 13th and then again with the Dean on the 14th. And you just got back? That is one hell of a show.

Back home, yes.. The actual show was from 7:30pm-11:45pm last night though. Crazy good times... you couldn't even see across the arena due to the pot smoke in the air. very very very hazy inside!

I had to postpone

Yes, but his Ben and Jerrys ice cream flavor lives on.

Sounds like an amazing show, but can you imagine if Jerry and Duane were still alive? Why do all the great ones die so young?

Well Jerry died young because he was a drug addict.

Yeah, that....plus he didn't change his diet after getting type II diabetes.

I am mapping out my strategy for driving and parking at the Charlottesville show on Wed. night. I can not leave Richmond until around 5 and don't want to be late.

Went to C'ville last night...good times. Haynes plays an outstanding guitar but it's still missing something without Jerry. Nonetheless, the old men put on a heck of a show. They played from 8-11:45 with a 45 min break. I picked up a great parking-lot t-shirt: "Still Better Than Phish" on the front and "AARP Tour" with the 2009 tour locations underneath.

Sometimes the Dead shows are like the Bills' game experience: the game might not be tremendous but the experience (people, happenings, etc.) make the whole thing a fun time.

Went to C'ville last night...good times. Haynes plays an outstanding guitar but it's still missing something without Jerry. Nonetheless, the old men put on a heck of a show. They played from 8-11:45 with a 45 min break. I picked up a great parking-lot t-shirt: "Still Better Than Phish" on the front and "AARP Tour" with the 2009 tour locations underneath.

Sometimes the Dead shows are like the Bills' game experience: the game might not be tremendous but the experience (people, happenings, etc.) make the whole thing a fun time.

That's why I'm really debating whether or not to go to the show up here in noCal. I love the music but not a big fan of the 60 year olds who can't let go of the 60's. Crayonz is right, hippies smell.