Just got back from An Evening With The Dead in Greensboro, NC

Corp000085

That's why I'm really debating whether or not to go to the show up here in noCal. I love the music but not a big fan of the 60 year olds who can't let go of the 60's. Crayonz is right, hippies smell.

Sometimes like weed! :thumbdown:

the dead is selling their entire tour in FLAC format. My dad bought the greensboro show and the DC show. I haven't listened to the DC show yet, but apparently they did acoustic for the first half of the 2nd set. My dad says the DC show is phenomenal. I'm hoping they do well in Buffalo cause my brother is going to that show.

why are they selling it? arent they allowing taping?

the dead is selling their entire tour in FLAC format. My dad bought the greensboro show and the DC show. I haven't listened to the DC show yet, but apparently they did acoustic for the first half of the 2nd set. My dad says the DC show is phenomenal. I'm hoping they do well in Buffalo cause my brother is going to that show.

Can't they do both? A professionally produced product usually has FAR better sound than the garbage people tape themselves.

Overall I thought the show last night was pretty good. The vocals were hit and miss but I couldn't tell whether it was the band, the venue or the fact that I was up in the rafters. Musically I thought Warren played pretty well (especially on Doin' That Rag) and enjoyed the new guy on keys, although he seemed a bit timid during the jams. Having said that I was able to catch up with some old friends from school which I haven't seen in fifteen plus years. It would be pretty cool if they could stick with this line up down the road but I think it will remain sporadic. Oh, and Bob should never sing Standing on the Moon again, let Warren have that one.

Setlist:

Set 1

New Speedway Boogie

Bertha

High Time

Mason’s Children

Big Boss Man

Doin’ That Rag

Standing On The Moon

Set 2

Playin’ in the Band >

Crazy Fingers>

Jam>

Space>

St. Stephen>

The Eleven>

Mississippi Half-Step (Uptown Todeloo)>

Playin’ in the Band (Reprise)>

Foolish Heart

Encore

Gloria

from what i saw, they had a bay to plug in your own stuff, but they made the high quality recordings to sell. personally, i thought the recordings were better than actually hearing it live.