Whitner has been charged

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the quick update, jw.

I still doubt much comes out of this, but Donte probably needs to keep his temper down and mouth shut a little more. The cops probably didn't like the lawsuit comment too much. It may have been wiser to keep that to himself before actual charges were brought.

Police: Charges filed against Bills' Whitner

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12132919

oops, not sure how this all works, but this is where the story moved. hope this works.

jw

No surprise as to charges.

You generally are acting up big time before you get tased, because in most jurisdictions that's a discharge of a weapon, which draws statutory review. Few police officers, on duty or not, do so unless concerns for their own safety and that of others rapidly develop.

One of the articles I read said he was trying to break through the police line while the fight was going on. The police asked him why he needed to get in there he said;

"My cousin's out there, and they've got guns," according to a police report, Stacho said. Linkage

I think that's a lot different than him just being disorderly. He was trying to help his cousin. I think a lot of us would try to do the same thing.

Here's the ESPN link for those who care (or are lazy :devil:).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4064961

Thanks for the link, but FWIW, that's the same AP story from Mr. Wawrow's original post. (So the lazy people don't need to click on it twice. <_< )

Edit: Never mind. Tim added some extra info in an update.

Feh. This is much ado about nothing, and I fully expect the charges to be dropped without incident.

There is no way they are going to drop the charges. That would be saying they tased him for no reason. The charges are what justify the act of tasing him. If Dante is serious about filing a lawsuit, I would bet there will probably be additional charges. He'd do well to just let this rest and take whatever punishment comes to him.

I'm sure Dante was being an idiot and deserved what he got. Common sense says at 3:00 AM, after a buddy's b-day party, Dante was probably hammered and being a meathead moron.

There is no way they are going to drop the charges. That would be saying they tased him for no reason. The charges are what justify the act of tasing him. If Dante is serious about filing a lawsuit, I would bet there will probably be additional charges. He'd do well to just let this rest and take whatever punishment comes to him.

I'm sure Dante was being an idiot and deserved what he got. Common sense says at 3:00 AM, after a buddy's b-day party, Dante was probably hammered and being a meathead moron.

apparently you havent dealed much with the law, but charges get dropped all the time

One of the articles I read said he was trying to break through the police line while the fight was going on. The police asked him why he needed to get in there he said;

"My cousin's out there, and they've got guns," according to a police report, Stacho said. Linkage

I think that's a lot different than him just being disorderly. He was trying to help his cousin. I think a lot of us would try to do the same thing.

I don't know... seems to me that in basic they teach you to get your ass down when the other team is/may be shooting live rounds at you. And trying to fight the guys telling you to take cover seems as disorderly as it does stupid.