Rick Gosselin's Mock Draft

Good link Beerball!

He has Brown pretty high (as does ALMOST everyone else)

Ayers is a player I have seen all over the place. In your link, he has him #38. I also see he has Oher #13

I really expect a very interesting day with so much (apparent) widespread views on player values. This gives me reason to wonder if the Bills WILL actually draft Pettigrew at #11 (a REACH? - yeh, well, there's that widespread subjectivity thing going on this year). The widespread opinions could also mean tons of trades in round 1 when teams see players they could not believe falling to within reach of them. There is also the possibility of team's NOT drafting and waiting for a few picks to get to the podium.

I prefer a trade up to low 20's to nab Pettigrew before Atlanta but I doubt this will happen.

-RnJ

I'll speak out of both sides of my mouth for a minute, but hopefully I'll do it with less of an in your face manner than you.

Gosselin is good IMO. A good NFL writer. Good with his final mock draft. Generally good.

If I remember correctly he does do his mock differently than most though. He doesn't watch miles and miles of 'tape' on college players. He talks to NFL teams to find out what they are thinking and he ranks players accordingly. His final mock will combine team needs with what he's learned from the teams.

Now for the other side...Brown's absence is confusing. To not have him in the top 32 is a miss.

For mock lovers this guy has taken 101 mocks and averaged the position of 200 players. Really a nice one stop shopping opportunity.

:thumbdown: see, we got through that with no name calling :wallbash:

You have no clue what so ever in what you are talking about. He has the widest variety of Pass Rushing moves coming out of this year's draft.

Also any person who doesn't have Brown in the first half of the draft can't be taken seriously.

Interesting...just listening to NFL network. Charlie Casserly said he has one move...up the field. We'll see.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/mockdraftrankings.shtml

For those who are interested - the link above ranks the Mock Drafters for the past three years.

Good link Beerball!

He has Brown pretty high (as does ALMOST everyone else)

Ayers is a player I have seen all over the place. In your link, he has him #38. I also see he has Oher #13

I really expect a very interesting day with so much (apparent) widespread views on player values. This gives me reason to wonder if the Bills WILL actually draft Pettigrew at #11 (a REACH? - yeh, well, there's that widespread subjectivity thing going on this year). The widespread opinions could also mean tons of trades in round 1 when teams see players they could not believe falling to within reach of them. There is also the possibility of team's NOT drafting and waiting for a few picks to get to the podium.

I prefer a trade up to low 20's to nab Pettigrew before Atlanta but I doubt this will happen.

-RnJ

Wow, you might be too smart for this place. Lot of ass-backwards fans here who think just like the ass-backwards Bills front office which is why I see the Bills probably trading Peters and replacing him with the cheap and uber-lazy Andre Smith.

Here is an idea, why dont you actually watch the game tapes before making a stupid comment. Smith was the best offensive lineman in the entire country the last 2 years. Let me repeat that. He was the best offensive lineman in the country the last 2 years playing in the toughest conference against the best competition. I am so sick of people falling in love with these workout warriors. I want guys that produce on Saturdays/Sundays. If he falls to #11 the circle jerks should all get on their knees & thank the football gods for their good fortune. Then they should write down Smith's name on the card & run up to the podium & give RG their pick.

Does he have some baggage, sure. Is he a little immature, probably. The fact is though this guy's upside is unlimited. Probably has more upside then any player in this draft imo. BTW, the Sugar Bowl game he got suspended for talking to an agent. Not what I would call a horrible career ending offense. Alabama's line sucked against Utah without him.

Here is an idea, why dont you actually watch the game tapes before making a stupid comment. Smith was the best offensive lineman in the entire country the last 2 years. Let me repeat that. He was the best offensive lineman in the country the last 2 years playing in the toughest conference against the best competition. I am so sick of people falling in love with these workout warriors. I want guys that produce on Saturdays/Sundays. If he falls to #11 the circle jerks should all get on their knees & thank the football gods for their good fortune. Then they should write down Smith's name on the card & run up to the podium & give RG their pick.

Does he have some baggage, sure. Is he a little immature, probably. The fact is though this guy's upside is unlimited. Probably has more upside then any player in this draft imo. BTW, the Sugar Bowl game he got suspended for talking to an agent. Not what I would call a horrible career ending offense. Alabama's line sucked against Utah without him.

Sorry, but I'm just not into creating a huge unnecessary hole and hoping it will be filled by a guy that was too lazy to get in shape for the scouting combine. Could he be all that? Sure he could. But the Bills are just jackasses when it comes to trying to keep their best players. They instead overpay over-rated players like Schobel and Kelsay, and they can't wait to extend the contract of the well-documented biggest loser Jauron.

This team's top priority is to find a pass rusher, an outside linebacker and a center. Not trade away Peters and filling that position with an out of shape rookie, hoping he won't eat himself out of the league.

Sorry, but I'm just not into creating a huge unnecessary hole and hoping it will be filled by a guy that was too lazy to get in shape for the scouting combine. Could he be all that? Sure he could. But the Bills are just jackasses when it comes to trying to keep their best players. They instead overpay over-rated players like Schobel and Kelsay, and they can't wait to extend the contract of the well-documented biggest loser Jauron.

This team's top priority is to find a pass rusher, an outside linebacker and a center. Not trade away Peters and filling that position with an out of shape rookie, hoping he won't eat himself out of the league.

I never said anything about trading away Peters. Sign eters, if Smith falls grab him. Move Smith to RT & you got your bookend tackles set for the next 5-7 years. By doing this your already 5 steps ahead of 90% of the teams in the league. Move Walker to LG & you should have a top 10 offensive line assuming Smith is not a bust. Grab DE in the 2nd round. Hopefully Ayers or English are still on the board.

You have no clue what so ever in what you are talking about. He has the widest variety of Pass Rushing moves coming out of this year's draft.

Also any person who doesn't have Brown in the first half of the draft can't be taken seriously.

On the contrary, if you think he is a DE, you would probably either grade him very high or think that he can't hold up against the run at the pro level. But if you think he's a tweener and will not make a good DE or a good LB you would rank him very low. If you think he would be a good LB, you might lower him a bit based on the time it takes some players to make the switch (see Gholston).

It's all opinion. And on possible tweeners, that opinion might swing wildly. I like him myself, but respect the possibility that Gosselin is hinting at.

I never said anything about trading away Peters. Sign eters, if Smith falls grab him. Move Smith to RT & you got your bookend tackles set for the next 5-7 years. By doing this your already 5 steps ahead of 90% of the teams in the league. Move Walker to LG & you should have a top 10 offensive line assuming Smith is not a bust. Grab DE in the 2nd round. Hopefully Ayers or English are still on the board.

If only we knew those guys would be there. I don't think either of them would be there. Then there's the problem of still not having a bonafide center. I'd rather grab a DE at #11, then either Mack, Unger or Caldwell in the second. If one of the QBs are still there at #11 they probably would be able to trade back for a second rounder then get a decent guard AND a top center. I'm hoping that Cornelius Ingram TE will be there in the third. I'm thinking that one of the good TEs like him or Coffman will fall to us in the third. Pass rushing DE is the main hole I want the Bills to fill though.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/Free/mockdraftrankings.shtml

For those who are interested - the link above ranks the Mock Drafters for the past three years.

Wait, I'm confused. There must be a mistake. This seems to imply that Mike Mayock is not a god on earth.

In fact, it seems to imply that Mel Kiper is better. Based on feedback on Bills boards, this is approximately as common a conclusion as finding Roseanne hotter than Angelina Jolie.

Mike Williams was absolutely superb in college too. Just saying.

I think Maybin will go to the Pack. They are switching to a 3-4 and love Big Ten players.

Personally, I think the Bills will have a real good opportunity to trade down. There's a chance at least 2 of the 1st round Qbs could be on the board when they pick. Ideally, they trade down to 20, pick up extra picks, and pick Pettigrew right in front of the Eagles and Falcons. BP is one of the surest bets in the draft and is made to be a Buffalo TE.

he stated this is the first of 3 mock drafts and is based more on his top 32 players rather then team needs and where he thinks players will actually go

i find it hard to believe he doesnt have Everette Brown in his top 32

So this is more like his Mel Kiper Big Board than a true mock draft.

I would love Oher to drop to us at 28. I don't know about Maybin. I think he is way too small to play DE.