ESPN not mass covering owens

Just saw a funny commercial on NFL Network where Rich Eisen is on the couch holding a pillow and just can't accept that the Cutler saga is over and he has nothing else to talk about.

So true...

Of course they end it with having Chad Ochocinco to talk about next....which is the truth.

Least they can at least make fun of themselves.

Shall we get Poland to explain it to you?

I don't get that one.

Anyway, who cares if they get any interest on ESPN? Why is it important to you? Would you feel better about your team simply if they were mentioned more on national TV? Why?

Lighten up dude. Dr. Noisewater was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the media in that when a "pampered" athlete does something good, it is not considered newsworthy. :blink:

Except that it was linked on the front page of ESPN.com, mentioned on Sportscenter, and in this morning's Buffalo News.

I won't defend what Rome and the other talking heads may or may not choose to discuss, and I suspect you're correct, they won't play this up. But the story WAS covered.

how come espn made such a big deal about t.o missing voluntary workouts and now when he has shown up all they do is give a little snippet at the end of sportscenter?

My guess is because the guy went against what he said a few weeks prior and showed up to a voluntary workout. That goes against his usually MO and paints him more as a "team-guy". It is news, but not drama-news, so there wasn't anything exciting to write about.

Which is a good thing!

Anyone who doesn't think that ESPN gave enough attention to Terrell Owens showing up for voluntary workouts, obviously didn't see/read/hear much over the last 24 hours. It was everywhere on ESPN, and ESPN raido. It was about 10 minutes in to the ESPN News half hour rotation, and covered on SportsCenter in the first 20 minutes or so.

Even when I went to sleep last night, the overnight guy on ESPN radio spent an inoridnate amount of time, talking about what a great gesture it was for TO to show up, after saying he wouldn't....as well as Marshawns suspension...then, driving in to work, John Clayton was a guest on the Colin Cowherd show (hosted by someone else today) and Owens showing up for Bills camp was the first thing they talked about... people really are way too thin skinned, especially when it comes to ESPN...

Lighten up dude. Dr. Noisewater was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the media in that when a "pampered" athlete does something good, it is not considered newsworthy. :rolleyes:

Going to the voluntary program in Buffalo is "doing something good"?

You want more "positive" press for this? Talk about "pampering an athlete".

how come espn made such a big deal about t.o missing voluntary workouts and now when he has shown up all they do is give a little snippet at the end of sportscenter?

How come when trains depart and arrive intact you never see them on the news but when they crash and explodes they make a huge deal about it??

Lol listen to yourselves, you've all become TO apologists, you've come to love the man that every sane football fan hates.

Careful with those generalizations, Sparky. Or else I'll be forced to conclude that all Pats* fans are bandwagon-jumping morons.

Oh, wait ... based on the ones who show up here, I think I already did that.