Top 5 Players Bills Likely to Draft

FWIW, this is an article written about a year ago by the same guy.

But we passed on HIS first round pick.

It's always nice to gauge the historic accuracy of these guys because frankly I find draft predictions silly..

I don't think anybody had us picking McKelvin last year, and I don't think anybody predicted that not one WR would be taken in the first round.

NOBODY can predict the draft, I don't buy into guys like Kiper.

I do however like to look at the predictions for the fun of it.

FWIW, this is an article written about a year ago by the same guy.

But we passed on HIS first round pick.

It's always nice to gauge the historic accuracy of these guys because frankly I find draft predictions silly..

This doesn't support your argument at all. first person mentioned was McKelvin

I don't think anybody had us picking McKelvin last year, and I don't think anybody predicted that not one WR would be taken in the first round.

NOBODY can predict the draft, I don't buy into guys like Kiper.

I do however like to look at the predictions for the fun of it.

Actually, if I do recall, I think Kiper (maybe it was McShay? I forget) was saying there were no WR's worth a first round pick, but he was predicting a few reaches (one of them was Dallas taking Hardy with their second pick). I wasn't all that surprised, none of the WR's stood out. Devin Thomas only really played one year. Malcolm Kelly was kind of slow. Hardy couldn't get off the bump. Sweed had injury concerns. Jackson was too small.

Not in his mock draft. When he had to predict who the Bills would take, his first pick was Devin Thomas.

So because his mock draft was wrong, his opinion is discounted? You realize you discount 99% of draft "gurus" with that argument, right? There is no draft guru.

Here are my 6 FWIW:

Everette Brown

Brian Orakpo

Robert Ayers

Ray Maualuga

Michael Oher

Andre Smith

Personally, I don't see the Bills taking Pettigrew at 11, too high for a TE who isn't even a difference maker in the passing game. The guy had 0 TD receptions last year. Only way I want the Bills taking him is in a trade down.

"We have already been informed that the Bills believe Smith is the best tackle in the draft. The problem is that, even amidst serious character, work ethic and motivation questions, many other NFL teams are likely going to have the same opinion."

psssst.... everybody lies, I think it will be more likely that Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe will be the first two OTs off the board, I think William Beatty will be the 3rd OT taken because he's a true left tackle - 4th OT Andre Smith projects more as a RT or G in the pros while 5th OT Oher just has some red flags.

I think the big unknown in the draft is how many QBs are taken in the top 11 picks 1, 2, or 3- I'm not convinced that Denver will take a QB in the 1st round but if you are a team in need of a QB can you take that chance? and how far has Josh Freeman come up.

"We have already been informed that the Bills believe Smith is the best tackle in the draft. The problem is that, even amidst serious character, work ethic and motivation questions, many other NFL teams are likely going to have the same opinion."

psssst.... everybody lies, I think it will be more likely that Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe will be the first two OTs off the board, I think William Beatty will be the 3rd OT taken because he's a true left tackle - 4th OT Andre Smith projects more as a RT or G in the pros while 5th OT Oher just has some red flags.

I think the big unknown in the draft is how many QBs are taken in the top 11 picks 1, 2, or 3- I'm not convinced that Denver will take a QB in the 1st round but if you are a team in need of a QB can you take that chance? and how far has Josh Freeman come up.

What about Freeman? If the guy is that good, wouldn't a big QB with a big arm be perfect for the Bills?

What about Freeman? If the guy is that good, wouldn't a big QB with a big arm be perfect for the Bills?

I think the Bills are going to live and die with Edwards for at least one more season- is that a good decision, I don't know, there are things I like about Edwards (smart, adequate size, decent athlete not a statue) and things I don't like (less than elite arm strength, seems injury prone ) .

We don't already have a young starting QB that we are trying to groom? What do you suggest, draft a QB first every year? Tebow next year!!!

Just going by history with the Bills, they usually dont value one year wonders sorto- speak ( every since bein shot in the foot with E. Flowers). That being said a guy like Ayers, Matthews and Maybin although good players don't seem to fit the mold of 1st rd. pick of this organization at the #11 spot. They seem to want guys with a track record of starting a few years, even guys who didn't have such a good senior yr....That being said here are my top 5 (excluding possible trade of our franchise OLT)

1. Orakpo-DE/OLB

2. M. Johnson-DE/ OLB

3. B. Raji- DT

4. T. Jackson- DE

5. E. Brown - DE/OLB

What are the chances the Bills Brass can pull off a Trifecta like Lynch, Poz, Edwards again this year? There are 3 more attractive draft combinations where we could possibly have 3 starters this year:

TE, DE, OLB---Pettigrew, Johnson, Sidbury (or Pettigrew, Barwin, Brown--less likely)

DE, OLB, TE---E-Brown, English, Casey (or Coffman but he's not what we're looking for)

OLB, DE, TE---Cushing/Matthews, Johnson, Casey

These are the best 3 combinations IMHO. If I had to guess what the Bills brass do, it'll be #1, hopefully garnering another RD3 pick along the way for a Guard (Levitre, Urbik), glamour pick (Ramses Barden) or FS (Darcel McBath).