What would the Chiefs do?

Rotoworld has posted its latest mock draft and have the Chiefs taking B.J. Raji at #3 to play the nose in there new 34 D.

This brings a couple of questions to my mind:

1. If this happened would they try Glen Dorsey at a 34 DE spot? And if so isnt that a waste of a top 5 pick? 34 ends are just cloggers and you dont ever take 34 ends that high.

2. Again if they make thsi pick (because many believe Dorsey is not a nose tackle, myself included) would they put Dorsey on the block? I know they drafted himlast year but that was the old regime and he does not fit the new D.

3. If they did put him on the block what would the Bills have to pay? He would be a great fit next to Stroud!

What would you pay?

I think Glenn Dorsey would be a good fit us, and I wouldn't be surprised if we do some inquiring. The problem is his huge contract value. I personally wouldn't want to trade our 1st for him, like Tipster mentioned earlier, maybe this years 2nd and next years 2nd.

If Dorsey were in this draft class he would be a huge steal at 11. Add in the fact he has a year under his belt the value is there. The thing would be his contract, which is paying the $ of a top 5 pick. I personnaly dont care about the $, but the Bills brass clearly do.

The Patriots selected their 3-4 ends very high. Seymour was a top 6 pick and Warren was selected 14th overall. Dorsey will be great as a 3-4 end. He has the size to hold the lineman up, and the quickness to rush when needed.

Odds are he won't most 3'4 ends at 6'4 and up and just tipping the scales at 300lbs. Dorsey is about 4 inches shorter then most 3'4 dends, with short stumpy arms, and wider in mass. He may not fit anywhere in a 3'4 defensive line. Infact Dorsey is shorter in stature then even most 4'3 defensive tackles. With that said though, he's a tremendous talent, who demanded attention in LSU's defense. In the event the bills were to even be interested he would give us potentially a very solid rotation, and be a guy who could put Kyle Williams strictly as a depth player, instead of a starter. As well as be a good transition, for when Stroud starts to decline.

3-4 DEs are just cloggers? Who knew? The level of football knowledge I gain here cannot be measured in simple Xs and Os.

GO BILLS!!!

What I ment by the clogger comment was that when building a 34 D you dont NEED stud DEs. Obviously Bruce Smith is one of the exceptions to the rule but the idea behind the 34 D is that you have a huge Nose takle, tall big DEs that can take up blockers and play the run well, and your pass rush comes from you blitzing OLBs. The LBs make the 34 D where the DEs make the 43 D in terms of pass rush. Obviously it is great to have stud DEs in a 34 but its not necessary.

34 DEs are usually guys like Marcus Spears, Chris Canty, Brett Keisel,and so on.

My point about Dorsey is that he just does not fit a 34 D. The comment earlier that stated that he would make a great 34 DE is just nuts. Hes fast for a DT but way to slow to be a pass rushing DE. And a big DE who is used pretty much to stuff the run is a waste of a top 5 pick if you ask me.

If Dorsey were in this draft class he would be a huge steal at 11. Add in the fact he has a year under his belt the value is there. The thing would be his contract, which is paying the $ of a top 5 pick. I personnaly dont care about the $, but the Bills brass clearly do.

Well, we would get the benefit of having the Chiefs paying Dorsey's signing bonus.