A Sleeper Who is Perfect For Us

Clinton McDonald, DT from Memphis. He is on the smaller side at 6'2 280 LBS, but he won't get manhandled. He was voted team captain as a Junior, the first ever Junior Tiger voted team Captain. He played in 10 games and registered 7 sacks (missed a few games due to an ankle injury.) The Tigers just held their Pro day, and look at these numbers McDonald had:

"DT Clinton McDonald (6-2, 283 pounds) ran a 4.89 and 4.83 in the 40, had a 38-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot, 1-inch broad jump, a 4.50 short shuttle, a 7.25 three-cone drill and did 36 bench press reps. He looked good and definitely helped himself.

– Gil Brandt"

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/01/catching-u...ro-day-outings/

Those are some amazing numbers for a DT, big or small.

Watch this video about him:

Normally those videos by DraftGuys show the flaws in players, but McDonald looked really good out there. Look at how he could bull rush his way into the backfield, and use his quickness to get by the lineman. He is a class act, and has respect for the game. If I had to compare him with an NFL player, I would say Tommie Harris. They both have similar sizes, both athletic and very strong. He is the perfect fit for our Defense.

280 is very small for a dt. 36 reps on the bench is very impressive considering his size. i wonder if his frame has room for another 15- 20 pounds? if so, why not look at him. i have never seen him play so i cant say if he would be a good fit for the bills

280 is very small for a dt. 36 reps on the bench is very impressive considering his size. i wonder if his frame has room for another 15- 20 pounds? if so, why not look at him. i have never seen him play so i cant say if he would be a good fit for the bills

I'm sure he could add a little extra weight onto his frame.

ya, but check out his vertical and broad jump. Guys is definitely explosive that is for sure. I really don't know anything about him, but there is no doubt that he is ATHLETIC AS HELL!!!! HOLY SHIZZYYY

38 inch vertical at 280 LBS that is impressive!!

He looks like he could even play end. I just saw the video on him, pretty damn explosive!!

LDE. Move over Kelsay

haha, that guy btw, Jarron Gilbert, I am going to go out on a limb and predict that he is gonna be one heck of a football player.

I'd take a chance on him to. His other footage is impressive and he is versatile. Do you see him as DE or DT for us? or both?

I'd take a chance on him to. His other footage is impressive and he is versatile. Do you see him as DE or DT for us? or both?

Most people on this board that have opinions on him seem to think he is a 3 - 4 end.

I think he can play as a 4 -3 tackle, 4-3 end or 3-4 end. He has an explosive vertical which tells me that he has burst, good speed , he produced in college and he has excellent strength. I think he can play End in our alignment, opposite of Schobel but could also play Tackle.

Looking good running around in your underware is a long way from making the team on Sundays....

Everyone goes through it. A player's stock is greatly impacted by the combine and pro days. Without the combine and pro days, Cutler would have been a 2nd round pick. Maurice Clarett would have been picked a lot higher than he was without the prodays and combine. I could go on and on and give you examples on how important those two events are.

Most people on this board that have opinions on him seem to think he is a 3 - 4 end.

I think he can play as a 4 -3 tackle, 4-3 end or 3-4 end. He has an explosive vertical which tells me that he has burst, good speed , he produced in college and he has excellent strength. I think he can play End in our alignment, opposite of Schobel but could also play Tackle.

And we all know how much the Bills love versatility. He could be a young, better Spencer Johnson