A Sleeper Who is Perfect For Us

Running a 4.89 on a track for a smallish-DT isn't all that impressive (if he ran that on the turf at Indy I'd be more impressed). 36 reps on the bench is, though. He could be a 5th-7th round pick.

If he's there in the 5th round why not? I wonder if he could convert to a LB? :unsure:

Not for the cheerleaders :devil:

:flirt::thumbsup:

He's interesting but I think this an example, IMO, of a perfect sleeper.

I'm sure he's got some sleeper potential, but I don't think comparing him to one of the game's best DTs in Tommie Harris is appropriate. I do however think he could go a little sooner though, maybe fourth round.

Sure, he is not Tommie Harris, but they are pretty similar. Look at Tommie Harris' pro day numbers:

Harris (292 pounds), ran his 40s in 4.78 and 4.80, the short shuttle in 4.31 and the three-cone drill 7.31. He had a 31-inch vertical jump and his broad jump was 9-0 1/8. He chose not to lift here because he did 29 reps at the combine.

Pretty similar numbers. Harris was an inch taller and less than 10 pounds heavier when he was at his pro day. How many other 6'2 283 DT that you can compare with Clinton? Therefore a Tommie Harris comparison should be considered "appropriate".

Sure, he is not Tommie Harris, but they are pretty similar. Look at Tommie Harris' pro day numbers:

Harris (292 pounds), ran his 40s in 4.78 and 4.80, the short shuttle in 4.31 and the three-cone drill 7.31. He had a 31-inch vertical jump and his broad jump was 9-0 1/8. He chose not to lift here because he did 29 reps at the combine.

Pretty similar numbers. Harris was an inch taller and less than 10 pounds heavier when he was at his pro day. How many other 6'2 283 DT that you can compare with Clinton? Therefore a Tommie Harris comparison should be considered "appropriate".

Only in terms of the fact that Clinton shouldn't be considered in Harris's class. Harris was a bit small but close to average for a 3-tech. Clinton is quite small.

Harris played against the big boys in college. Clinton not so much. Harris, top 15. Clinton, maybe 5th round. They really aren't comparable.