Who's Going To Fill The Hole At LT?

H2o

I agree if Peters wants to price himself out then trade him if you can get a first and additional fist day pick. I disagree with the posts stating Demetrius Bell should be a starter, the guy was on the practice squad last year. If Peters is gone we should take one of the OT's in the draft this year-Maybe Eben Britton to compete with Chambers. Chambers played better at OT than OG last year. We would still need to take an OG/C the first day and I'm opimistic that we can find one throught the draft that would be a better starter than Bell.

Peters was on the practice squad in his first year and took over the RT spot in his second.

And what did Peters prove? That he's a turnstile?

PTR

How about that he's capable of dominating a game on the OL when he's had an entire off-season's training in an NFL program?

Forget that point, it's just not popular right now...

Peters was on the practice squad in his first year and took over the RT spot in his second.

Given, Peters played well his first starting year, but name another player who did that. I can name virtually every other practice squad player who did NOT start his second year. If you were a gambling man the odds of success would be minimal at best.

How about that he's capable of dominating a game on the OL when he's had an entire off-season's training in an NFL program?

The guy has one good season, then decides to hold his team ransom when he's still 3 years under contract? First of all, I would never give a selfish player like that a big contract because he's already proven that he does not care about your team. Further, he's likely to hold out again the second someone makes a nickel more than he does, even if his level of play does not deserve it.

You reward players who prove they are worth it. That means more than one good year and showing a commitment to the team and respect to his teammates and coaches. Peters fails on all fronts.

PTR

What good did it do? What BAD did it do? How long have you been a Bills fan? You really wanna put last year's offense line up against some of the turd bands we've had out there in recent years?

Can you read... I've been a Bills Fan 4 ever. :thumbsup: Does it matter?

The Bills O LINE has sucked for over a decade. Since the likes of Kent Hull, Will Wolford, House Ballard, and Jim Richter 14 - 15 years ago!

Hell I'd even take John Fina back over some of these guys.

The guy has one good season, then decides to hold his team ransom when he's still 3 years under contract? First of all, I would never give a selfish player like that a big contract because he's already proven that he does not care about your team. Further, he's likely to hold out again the second someone makes a nickel more than he does, even if his level of play does not deserve it.

You reward players who prove they are worth it. That means more than one good year and showing a commitment to the team and respect to his teammates and coaches. Peters fails on all fronts.

PTR

Really? Name one player that's done that in the history of the NFL. Name one. Just one.

Hang on, I've got it: Bruce Smith. Can't think of another. Can you?

Also, I'll remind you, after Peters got his last extension he had his best season as a pro.

Yeah, J.P. Losman was "capable of dominating a game" at QB too, too bad it didn't happen all that often.

If you're going to demand to be overpaid by that much you should dominate every game, not be capable of dominating a game.

Or is that just not all that popular now either??

Really? Name one player that's done that in the history of the NFL. Name one. Just one.

You mean demanded to be the highest paid player at his position when his play didn't warrant it? I'll go with "Jason Peters" as my answer. Oh did you mean previously? Is it not good enough that he's setting his own precedent?

And please don't ever compare him to Bruce Smith. Bruce Smith was a top three DE in the history of football. Peters wasn't a top three OL on his own team this season.

I agree if Peters wants to price himself out then trade him if you can get a first and additional fist day pick. I disagree with the posts stating Demetrius Bell should be a starter, the guy was on the practice squad last year. If Peters is gone we should take one of the OT's in the draft this year-Maybe Eben Britton to compete with Chambers. Chambers played better at OT than OG last year. We would still need to take an OG/C the first day and I'm opimistic that we can find one throught the draft that would be a better starter than Bell.

Let's see if I've got this... Bell practiced against our professional DL all year and Eben Britton played against college players but E. B. has the edge. OK, gotcha! :thumbsup:

Yeah, J.P. Losman was "capable of dominating a game" at QB too, too bad it didn't happen all that often.

If you're going to demand to be overpaid by that much you should dominate every game, not be capable of dominating a game.

You mean demanded to be the highest paid player at his position when his play didn't warrant it? I'll go with "Jason Peters" as my answer. Oh did you mean previously? Is it not good enough that he's setting his own precedent?

And please don't ever compare him to Bruce Smith. Bruce Smith was a top three DE in the history of football. Peters wasn't a top three OL on his own team this season.

NOW NOW NOW. MINE MINE MINE. :thumbsup:

Bruce was overrated at the end of his career- that should cancel out everything he did

You sure did a lot of word twisting to try to make your point, didn't you? Let me help you out here...

you said: "Further, he's likely to hold out again the second someone makes a nickel more than he does, even if his level of play does not deserve it."

I said: "Really? Name one player that's done that in the history of the NFL. Name one. Just one. Hang on, I've got it: Bruce Smith. Can't think of another. Can you? Also, I'll remind you, after Peters got his last extension he had his best season as a pro."

So no, I did not mean "demanded to be the highest paid player at his position when his play didn't warrant it?", what I meant was: "name one player that's held out every time someone makes a nickel more than he does, even if his level of play does not deserve it." I sort of thought you'd pick that up by reading my post, but hey, sometimes it needs to be spelled out in painstaking detail, so I'll comply.

Not sure why you think I compared Peters to Smith as a player...what I said was that Bruce was the only player that I can remember that asked for a raise every time a player at his position signed a new deal. I'm sure you read that however you wanted it to appear, but I ask that you read it again objectively, it might make a difference.

Just out of curiosity, which 2 OL on the Bills were better than Peters? And please, have some justification. I just finished watching the tapes of each Bills' game last year, and have at least 5 plays per game (spoiler for a future post) that demonstrate how good a player Peters is. My current favorite is the pancake job he does on Daryl Smith in the first series of the Jax game in week 2. On his first series of the season, Peters blocked down on Reggie Heyward, pulled (with an inside bucket step) underneath the RDT (I think it was Henderson, who was double-teamed by Dockery and Fowler) and pushed Smith all the way from the 8 yard line to the 4, where he slammed him to the ground. Lynch followed him the entire way to the end zone. Beautiful stuff, and there's examples of it from every game.