A Mock to Mock

Astrobot

I thought this would be a good feature here on TSW. I'll post a draft I've found in my mock munching and let everybody pick it to shreds!

Our first mock to mock comes from CBS Sports' Mike Lombardi. It starts to go south right around #11, IMHO, when the Bills choose between the #1 WR in Crabtree, the #1 CB (who many see as the #1 Safety), a hot DE in Ayers, a perfect Tampa2 DT in Jerry, the #1 RB in Knowshon Moreno described as the next Barry Sanders by some, the #1 Tight End, and other guys (Maclin, Everette Brown, Oher, Harvin, English, etc.). And we choose whom?

1. DET Matthew Stafford

2. STL Aaron Curry

3. KC Eugene Monroe

4. SEA Jason Smith

5. CLE Brian Orakpo

6. CIN Andre Smith

7. OAK B.J. Raji

8. JAC Mark Sanchez

9. GB Tyson Jackson

10. SF Aaron Maybin

11.BUF Josh Freeman

12. DEN Robert Ayers

13. WAS Michael Crabtree

14. NO Malcolm Jenkins

15. HOU Peria Jerry

16. SD Knowshon Moreno

17. NYJ Brandon Pettigrew

18. CHI Jeremy Maclin

19. TB Everette Brown

20. DET Eben Britton

21. PHI Michael Oher

22. MIN Percy Harvin

23. NE Larry English

24. ATL Clay Matthews

25. MIA Brian Cushing

26. BAL Evander Hood

27. IND Jarron Gilbert

28. PHI Shawn Nelson

29. NYG Kenny Britt

30. TEN Vontae Davis

31. ARI Donald Brown

32. PIT Max Unger

I thought this would be a good feature here on TSW. I'll post a draft I've found in my mock munching and let everybody pick it to shreds!

Our first mock to mock comes from CBS Sports' Mike Lombardi. It starts to go south right around #11, IMHO, when the Bills choose between the #1 WR in Crabtree, the #1 CB (who many see as the #1 Safety), a hot DE in Ayers, a perfect Tampa2 DT in Jerry, the #1 RB in Knowshon Moreno described as the next Barry Sanders by some, the #1 Tight End, and other guys (Maclin, Everette Brown, Oher, Harvin, English, etc.). And we choose whom?

1. DET Matthew Stafford

2. STL Aaron Curry

3. KC Eugene Monroe

4. SEA Jason Smith

5. CLE Brian Orakpo

6. CIN Andre Smith

7. OAK B.J. Raji

8. JAC Mark Sanchez

9. GB Tyson Jackson

10. SF Aaron Maybin

11.BUF Josh Freeman

12. DEN Robert Ayers

13. WAS Michael Crabtree

14. NO Malcolm Jenkins

15. HOU Peria Jerry

16. SD Knowshon Moreno

18. CHI Jeremy Maclin

19. TB Everette Brown

20. DET Eben Britton

21. PHI Michael Oher

22. MIN Percy Harvin

23. NE Larry English

24. ATL Clay Matthews

25. MIA Brian Cushing

26. BAL Evander Hood

27. IND Jarron Gilbert

28. PHI Shawn Nelson

29. NYG Kenny Britt

30. TEN Vontae Davis

31. ARI Donald Brown

32. PIT Max Unger

That is seriously the worst mock I've seen yet for so many reasons...

I don't think the Bills will go QB at 11 either. To defend Lombardi though, the Bills have drafted for need in the recent past. Maybe he looked at our need positions and went from there. It makes sense if you look at it that way.

I agree that the Bills will and should go with best available player with their pick this year. That will not be a QB.

1. DET Matthew Stafford

2. STL Aaron Curry

3. KC Eugene Monroe

4. SEA Jason Smith

5. CLE Brian Orakpo

6. CIN Andre Smith

7. OAK B.J. Raji

8. JAC Mark Sanchez

9. GB Tyson Jackson

10. SF Aaron Maybin

11.BUF Josh Freeman

12. DEN Robert Ayers

13. WAS Michael Crabtree

14. NO Malcolm Jenkins

15. HOU Peria Jerry

16. SD Knowshon Moreno

18. CHI Jeremy Maclin

19. TB Everette Brown

20. DET Eben Britton

21. PHI Michael Oher

22. MIN Percy Harvin

23. NE Larry English

24. ATL Clay Matthews

25. MIA Brian Cushing

26. BAL Evander Hood

27. IND Jarron Gilbert

28. PHI Shawn Nelson

29. NYG Kenny Britt

30. TEN Vontae Davis

31. ARI Donald Brown

32. PIT Max Unger

If this happens, I won't a bills fan for at least a week

I'm not addressing Lombardi's abilities as a football observer but as a mock draft (based on the Bills pick), this thing is silly.

Josh Freeman at #11? You are very wrong Mr. Lombardi.

Actually, Lombardi has the Bills trading pick #11 to the Jets for their #1 and pick/s.

He has the Bills taking Pettigrew with the #1 obtained from the Jets.

It's the Jets that take Freeman.

Actually, Lombardi has the Bills trading pick #11 to the Jets for their #1 and pick/s.

thanx for the info, I was starting to think that Lombardi has no pulse what so ever on the Bills situation

Yeah, I remember seeing that. I could definitely live with that. He needs to write more clearer.

And for the record, Freeman will be the best QB in this class. :censored:

it's wrong... there was a thread a few days ago about Lombardi's mock.

Fingon and Dean, thanks for clearing that up.

The draft is still unlikely, which I said then.

Fingon--I like the mock in your sig.

But he still has us taking Pettigrew at 17 with Brown still on the board. I don't see that happening.

You gotta look at it another way. For as crappy as Kelsey was last year, the Bills probably figure a rotation of Schobel, Kelsay, Denney, and hopefully a bulked up Ellis could be a solid unit again. Don't forget in 2006, they were one of the leading sack teams in the NFL (and our d-line outsacked the Giants).

At TE, we have 2 #2 guys at best (I do like Fine and Schoman's scrappiness). But all reports are that Pettigrew may be one of the safest pick in the 1st round. You can't whiff on 1st rounders and it would fill a big hole on this team that has been there for years. I'd love BP after a trade down.

You gotta look at it another way. For as crappy as Kelsey was last year, the Bills probably figure a rotation of Schobel, Kelsay, Denney, and hopefully a bulked up Ellis could be a solid unit again. Don't forget in 2006, they were one of the leading sack teams in the NFL (and our d-line outsacked the Giants).

At TE, we have 2 #2 guys at best (I do like Fine and Schoman's scrappiness). But all reports are that Pettigrew may be one of the safest pick in the 1st round. You can't whiff on 1st rounders and it would fill a big hole on this team that has been there for years. I'd love BP after a trade down.

I've heard Ryan Denney has been "bulking up" for years now. Chris Ellis showed NOTHING last year in limited action. We need a pass rusher in the worst way. If we are moving away from "high character" guys we could always go after the former Vikings Darrion Scott (http://www.nfl.com/players/darrionscott/profile?id=SCO231041) who lead his team in sacks...until he put a plastic bag over his kid's head, almost suffocating him.

And you're right, we were tied for eighth in sacks in 2006. But that was with a 29-year old Aaron Schobel who put up a career best 14 sacks. Are you expecting this year's 32-year old version of him to put up similar numbers? If so, puff puff pass please...

You can't whiff on 1st rounders and it would fill a big hole on this team that has been there for years. I'd love BP after a trade down.

Me too, as long as E. Brown isn't there (which he wouldn't be).