Dare to Dream...Again?

You guys give me a lot of credit for trying to make something up like this.

But to make it even more interesting, here's some particular's:

- We have offered a 4th and a 6th rounder for 1 year of service or a 2nd rounder for 3 years of service.

- and there are 2 more teams fighting for him as well, for now.

Get over the collective negative and jump aboard the collective positive. We are in the midst of having the best offensive talent ever assembled on our team. We are about to shake it up for the old timer. You have to believe Buffalo!

Or continue shooting down any glimmer of something extraordinary happening for us, and keep wearing your "I hate life" t -shirts.

Get on the love train gentlemen, cause it's coming.

Sorry, not me! No way I'd give up that much.

Look; a 4th and a 6th for 1 year assumes we're banking on THIS being THE year for the Bills, and a 4th and a 6th is too much to give up on a fool's gamble.

As for a 2nd for 3 years for a 33 year old... yeah right, give me a break! The man, great as he is (was), could be a real slow poke in a year or so. No way Jose´. <_<

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

typical Bills - spend big bucks on flashy WRs and TEs while again gutting and ignoring the OL

all those skill players will be wasted by having a backup at C, nobody at LG and a holdout at LT

Hangartner is not a backup C. He started 15 games at that position for Carolina last year on one of the better OLs in football. Buffalo is likely to spend draft choices early on both the OL and DL based on all the information coming out of OBD and the various NFL media outlets. No reason to doubt them at this point. Lastly, we have no idea whether Peters is going to hold out again or not. The Buff News reported earlier this past week that the team and his agent had strated a second round of negotiations with Peters, and the fact that he hasn't reported to the VOLUNTARY workouts is not a sign of a hold out. No one is saying TO is going to hold out because he hasn't shown up.

I would prefer getting known commodities at skill positions rather than taking the 2-3 yrs required to groom a new guy. Then you only get two years of production out of him before his contract is up and they head out in FA. Buffalo has not spent any money on a "flashy" TE in years, and no Robert Royal doesn't count. They brought him in to block, which he was overrated at when they got him. Gonzo is both flashy in the receiving game, and is one of the best blocking TEs in the game. You talk about the OL needing help, Gonzo gives them some in that aspect of the game too. A solid blocking TE on the left or right side allows Walker and Peters to either double a teams best pass rusher, or rub off and pick up a blitzing linebacker, freeing the RB to get open in the flat as an additional passing target or allowing the RB to pick up a sixth blitzer from the outside. Sorry we can't all be as pessimisstic about adding players as you, but at least give credit where it's due.

Guest dog14787
Sorry, not me! No way I'd give up that much.

Look; a 4th and a 6th for 1 year assumes we're banking on THIS being THE year for the Bills, and a 4th and a 6th is too much to give up on a fool's gamble.

As for a 2nd for 3 years for a 33 year old... yeah right, give me a break! The man, great as he is (was), could be a real slow poke in a year or so. No way Jose´. <_<

Fools gamble on someone who has proven himself and is arguably still the best TE in the game?

Draft picks are a gamble.

Hangartner is not a backup C. He started 15 games at that position for Carolina last year on one of the better OLs in football. Buffalo is likely to spend draft choices early on both the OL and DL based on all the information coming out of OBD and the various NFL media outlets. No reason to doubt them at this point. Lastly, we have no idea whether Peters is going to hold out again or not. The Buff News reported earlier this past week that the team and his agent had strated a second round of negotiations with Peters, and the fact that he hasn't reported to the VOLUNTARY workouts is not a sign of a hold out. No one is saying TO is going to hold out because he hasn't shown up.

I would prefer getting known commodities at skill positions rather than taking the 2-3 yrs required to groom a new guy. Then you only get two years of production out of him before his contract is up and they head out in FA. Buffalo has not spent any money on a "flashy" TE in years, and no Robert Royal doesn't count. They brought him in to block, which he was overrated at when they got him. Gonzo is both flashy in the receiving game, and is one of the best blocking TEs in the game. You talk about the OL needing help, Gonzo gives them some in that aspect of the game too. A solid blocking TE on the left or right side allows Walker and Peters to either double a teams best pass rusher, or rub off and pick up a blitzing linebacker, freeing the RB to get open in the flat as an additional passing target or allowing the RB to pick up a sixth blitzer from the outside. Sorry we can't all be as pessimisstic about adding players as you, but at least give credit where it's due.

Hangartner was not good enough at handling the big nose tackles for Carolina so they spent a 2nd draft pick on Kalil who was Carolina's starting C until he got hurt.

Hangartner was a good utility backup - which is what he should be for the bills

just because he started does not make him able to handle the big nose tackles.

Preston started for the Bills, does that make him good too???

The Bills feel the opposite about skill players. they have wasted multiple premium picks on WRs, RBs and DBs ove the last 10 years, but nothing on the OL. A 1st for Evans & Lynch, 2nds or Reed, Parrish and Hardy,etc - Yet the offense has been at the bottom of the league for years. maybe if they built the OL with dominant players (not castoffs from other teams), the offense would improve.

Gonzo has to be game planned for, so what Defense can game plan for gonzo, evans and T.O at the same time if the OL holds up on average?? Toss in a hard running Lynch / Fast Freddie as well & you have a handful to deal with defensively.

Great idea...then we will have six receivers open and turning to see TE knocked on his ass. Why on earth aren't we fixing the offensive line? Nothing happens until we get the trenches in order.

:nana:

And you will have TO chewing Peters out on MNF football for being a swinging gate again this year.

No pro bowl Jason!

:nana:

And you will have TO chewing Peters out on MNF football for being a swinging gate again this year.

No pro bowl Jason!

If Peters is signed to a new contract, before the start of camp. I don't expect him to be allowing many sacks, this season. I base that on every year he has played with the benefit of camp and preseason.

1 - Hangartner was not good enough at handling the big nose tackles for Carolina so they spent a 2nd draft pick on Kalil who was Carolina's starting C until he got hurt.

2 - Hangartner was a good utility backup - which is what he should be for the bills

3 - just because he started does not make him able to handle the big nose tackles.

Preston started for the Bills, does that make him good too???

The Bills feel the opposite about skill players. they have wasted multiple premium picks on WRs, RBs and DBs ove the last 10 years, but nothing on the OL. A 1st for Evans & Lynch, 2nds or Reed, Parrish and Hardy,etc - Yet the offense has been at the bottom of the league for years. maybe if they built the OL with dominant players (not castoffs from other teams), the offense would improve.

1 - How many teams who run a 3-4 defense does Carolina face? No one in their division runs that defense. His problem wasn't that he couldn't handle NT's. :nana: They don't face alot of 3-4's. Also, Khalil was arguably the best C in the draft and they didn't pass him up when he fell to them in the 2nd round of the 2007 draft. Khalil was also the first C taken in that draft. You could also argue that he was the best player on the board at that selection.

2 - He was a good back-up on an excellent OL. But when it came time for him to step in and start he was more than adequate in aiding the TOP RUSHING ATTACK IN THE NFL.

3 - He faced Kris Jenkins in practice for 3 years. He is one of the best DT's in the game and is now the NT for the Jets. Jenkins ate us alive last year. I'll put money on the fact that he will handle Jenkins and the rest of the AFC East NT's better than anyone else we had on the OL last season.

Guest dog14787
This idea has no source nor do I claim to have an INSIDE source but what do we think the bills would have to give to get Gonzo and Waters in a package deal? If it cost a 3rd and 4th would we do it?

I know I would.

doggon right I would,

but I'll admit, I'm desperate :nana:

1 - How many teams who run a 3-4 defense does Carolina face? No one in their division runs that defense. His problem wasn't that he couldn't handle NT's. :nana: They don't face alot of 3-4's. Also, Khalil was arguably the best C in the draft and they didn't pass him up when he fell to them in the 2nd round of the 2007 draft. Khalil was also the first C taken in that draft. You could also argue that he was the best player on the board at that selection.

2 - He was a good back-up on an excellent OL. But when it came time for him to step in and start he was more than adequate in aiding the TOP RUSHING ATTACK IN THE NFL.

3 - He faced Kris Jenkins in practice for 3 years. He is one of the best DT's in the game and is now the NT for the Jets. Jenkins ate us alive last year. I'll put money on the fact that he will handle Jenkins and the rest of the AFC East NT's better than anyone else we had on the OL last season.

What he said.

he may be better than what we had - but what we had was criminal

he is still a backup

ever think that with a great OL, Carolina was able to slant the other guys to help out Hangartner since they were good enough to do their own jobs and his too.

no such luck with the Bills OL

just like Carolina drafted a better C even though they had the amazing hangman who got abused by Jenkins for 3 years, the Bills need to draft a real NFL C with bona fide skills.

he is still a backup

ever think that with a great OL, Carolina was able to slant the other guys to help out Hangartner since they were good enough to do their own jobs and his too.

Or perhaps Hangartner helped Kalil out a lot? And if you're talking about the Panthers' moves, they let C Justin Hartwig go, and he only anchored the OL for the SB-winning Steelers. And then there was that gameplan in the divisional round of the playoffs that saw Delhomme throw the ball a lot, to the tune of 5 INT's, when the running game was their strength (and was a game in which Hangartner didn't play, BTW).

You guys give me a lot of credit for trying to make something up like this.

But to make it even more interesting, here's some particular's:

- We have offered a 4th and a 6th rounder for 1 year of service or a 2nd rounder for 3 years of service.

- and there are 2 more teams fighting for him as well, for now.

Get over the collective negative and jump aboard the collective positive. We are in the midst of having the best offensive talent ever assembled on our team. We are about to shake it up for the old timer. You have to believe Buffalo!

Or continue shooting down any glimmer of something extraordinary happening for us, and keep wearing your "I hate life" t -shirts.

Get on the love train gentlemen, cause it's coming.

Dude, welcome to the fish hazing. These idiots will fillet you just to fill the void in their liberal, no job havin, living in their mom's basement life. Welcome to hell :nana: . Check your common sense at the door!

he is still a backup

no such luck with the Bills OL

just like Carolina drafted a better C even though they had the amazing hangman who got abused by Jenkins for 3 years, the Bills need to draft a real NFL C with bona fide skills.

Not anymore

The Carolina fans loved him, and they had their best rushing games in history while he was starting this past year.

So I'm cautiously optimistic that he will be a good upgrade of what we have.

he is still a backup

I guess we will see if he is a backup, or a starter, on the Bills, come this fall. To dismiss him, simply because he was a backup on another team, is beyond stupid. Michael Turner was a backup, Brady was a backup, etc.

Some teams are rich on one area, or another. There are times a backup on another team, could be a legitimate starter, on many other teams.

You know what? I have to agree with the OP in that I am sick of the collective negativism amongst many Bills fans. Sit there and pretend you are entitled to believe we will always lose but you can blow off for all I care. I cried myself to sleep after 4 consecutive SB losses. I have suffered through abysmal play for many seasons. But when the Bills actually have something worthy of being excited over in the works, I'll be damned if I'm going to post comments to the effect of "Pats win 57-12". All of you naysayers, do us a favor and find a new team to "root" for.