FWIW, Hardy got paid for giving-up #81

VOR

that's usually the case when a player gives a number

True, but I didn't think it merited it in this case. Hardy's college number was 82 and Owens is a HOF WR, who will be able to teach Hardy skills that can make him more money that what he would get for his number. I just can't see Hardy saying "uh, TO, you owe me for the number...and can you teach me to beat the jam?"

i must have missed this inside joke. it keeps popping up though :lol:

gordon_g is a guy who posts here occasionally with very accurate information on what the Bills are doing as far as bringing in new FA's and such. Somebody, who called his connection to the team possible bunk, asked him what kind of car he drove as if to go by the stadium and see if there was a car like that parked there. I guess he thought it would be a way to verify his connection to the team. :thumbdown:

That's where the joke comes from.

gordon_g is a guy who posts here occasionally with very accurate information on what the Bills are doing as far as bringing in new FA's and such. Somebody, who called his connection to the team possible bunk, asked him what kind of car he drove as if to go by the stadium and see if there was a car like that parked there. I guess he thought it would be a way to verify his connection to the team. :rolleyes:

That's where the joke comes from.

No, the joke originally was in regards to the above poster SKOOBY, after he said he has an inside source, and that he drives a $70K BMW, as if that were validation of his source/credibility.

True, but I didn't think it merited it in this case. Hardy's college number was 82 and Owens is a HOF WR, who will be able to teach Hardy skills that can make him more money that what he would get for his number. I just can't see Hardy saying "uh, TO, you owe me for the number...and can you teach me to beat the jam?"

C'mon. A guy is on the team, and a star joins and wants the ##, he gets it, but he HAS to cough up a few bucks...it's the way it's done, and it's the right thing to do. It also show respect for your new team and teammates.

In the big picture we are talking about chump change for TO with his overall wealth and new contract and we are talking about a # with no historic attachment for Hardy (for example if he had been #81 throughout his career or had a great year with his number being 81 last year.

For both parties, either holding out for more cash or refusing to give up a little cash would have been penny-wise and pound foolish for either party.