LB Prospect

Here's a guy whose name I haven't seen mentioned on this board: Zack Follett - LB/Cal

I know there are some scouts (like NFL Network's Charles Davis) that feel he's every bit as good as Brian Cushing of USC, but that he hasn't received a lot of "mainstream" attention because he (obviously) didn't play in a renowned defensive program like Cushing.

Check out some video on the guy:

Follett has been both a 3-4 and 4-3 outside linebacker, and plays a style much different than any LB currently on the roster.

I'd love to see Buffalo pick him up if he lasted to round 3...thoughts?

Here's a guy whose name I haven't seen mentioned on this board: Zack Follett - LB/Cal

I know there are some scouts (like NFL Network's Charles Davis) that feel he's every bit as good as Brian Cushing of USC, but that he hasn't received a lot of "mainstream" attention because he (obviously) didn't play in a renowned defensive program like Cushing.

Follett has been both a 3-4 and 4-3 outside linebacker, and plays a style much different than any LB currently on the roster.

Lindy's Pro Football Magazine agrees with you that Follett is a 3rd-4th round guy. I wouldn't mind him as our fourth round pick if we get a DE, C/G, and a TE with our first three picks.

I still think Freddy Keiaho or Cato June are a better solution than drafting a LB unless the Bills are absolutely sold on Cushing, Melaleuga in the 1st round.

According to Lindy's, here are some strengths and weaknesses of Follett's game

Strengths

good at taking on blocks, plays aggressive, reads quarterbacks eye well, can play 4-3 and 3-4

Weaknesses

stiff in pass coverage, makes false steps because of his aggressive style, limited technique, tackles too often with his head

He is a very "Buffalo" player, with his "non-stop motor" and "Hard worker" characteristics. I think he will be decent in the NFL, but I don't know if he is right for the Bills. We need a guy to fill in for Keith Ellison, and be a solid coverage guy. Follett has many strengths, but he isn't the best cover guy.

projected 4th rder http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dspro...&genpos=OLB

Definatlely look better then ellison

• 3 weeks later...

*Points down at his mock draft*

I've liked Follett for awhile, kid plays like his hair is on fire and just demolishes running backs.

His problem, as noted above though, is his pass coverage skills aren't great. I see him as a guy who, if we dont decide on grabbing a LB with our first rounder, could at least push Ellison to up his game and be a great smasher on the special teams unit.

In the TBD 3-round mock that concluded today, Follett was picked at #13 in the 3rd by HOU.

Lindy's Pro Football Magazine agrees with you that Follett is a 3rd-4th round guy. I wouldn't mind him as our fourth round pick if we get a DE, C/G, and a TE with our first three picks.

I still think Freddy Keiaho or Cato June are a better solution than drafting a LB unless the Bills are absolutely sold on Cushing, Melaleuga in the 1st round.

Strengths

good at taking on blocks, plays aggressive, reads quarterbacks eye well, can play 4-3 and 3-4

Weaknesses

stiff in pass coverage, makes false steps because of his aggressive style, limited technique, tackles too often with his head

June is gone. Signed with the Texans. LBs are like RB to me. Eithe ryou are great. Like Curry or are on the next level.

Strengths

Weaknesses

June is gone. Signed with the Texans. LBs are like RB to me. Either you are great. Like Curry or are on the next level. Bills could pick up a very good LB in the third to fourth round. Also how is Bowlen doing? The kid from Iowa State that was drafted last year. Any news on his recovering/rehab?