Today's Ross Tucker article

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...mail/index.html

"Incidentally, it is pretty timely that you mentioned Rusty Jones. He was my strength coach in Buffalo and was the best in the area of injury prevention that I came across during my time in the NFL. He was always on top of the latest science and research and he was, and I have to assume still is, ahead of the game in terms of nutrition, body fat, stretching and free motion exercises."

Just as we've suspected.

This franchise really, really blows.

Mularkey - "Hey Tom, I want to bring in a new S&C coach"

Donahoe - "Isn't Rusty the best in the business?"

Mularkey - "Yeah, but I'd rather bring in my drinking buddy"

Donahoe - "Then let's do it, I feel like Rusty stabs me in the back and wants my GM job anyways"

"Incidentally, it is pretty timely that you mentioned Rusty Jones. He was my strength coach in Buffalo and was the best in the area of injury prevention that I came across during my time in the NFL. He was always on top of the latest science and research and he was, and I have to assume still is, ahead of the game in terms of nutrition, body fat, stretching and free motion exercises."

Just as we've suspected.

This is a stupid comment. Old news as well. They got rid of the clown that Mularkey brought in. Current strength and conditioning guy John Allaire tutored under Rusty Jones and has a similar philosophy and uses similar techniques. Do your homework and know your team before you say stupid things.

This is a stupid comment. Old news as well. They got rid of the clown that Mularkey brought in. Current strength and conditioning guy John Allaire tutored under Rusty Jones and has a similar philosophy and uses similar techniques. Do your homework and know your team before you say stupid things.

You make a good point, but why the negativity?

While Allaire did study under Jones, that does not necessarily make him as good as Jones. The past couple of years have seen a large number of Bills wind up on IR or long stays on the disabled list. While injuries occur naturally from the nature of the sport, some of them seem related to poor conditioning (e.g., hamstring pulls, muscle strains, groins, etc).

While Allaire did study under Jones, that does not necessarily make him as good as Jones. The past couple of years have seen a large number of Bills wind up on IR or long stays on the disabled list. While injuries occur naturally from the nature of the sport, some of them seem related to poor conditioning (e.g., hamstring pulls, muscle strains, groins, etc).

OK, now we have dudes who think they are experts on strength and conditioning coaches in the NFL ? Give me a friggin' break!

:blink:

Just as we've suspected.

Gee where are all the idiots on here that kept insisting that conditioning had NOTHING to do with preventing injuries?

I would never poo-poo the worth of a good Strength/Conditioning coach, and I won't argue the Bills may be worse off for Rusty's departure...

but, unless I am mistaken, haven't the bulk (vast majority, even) of the Bills' recent injuries been "real" injuries? That is, not a lot of strange hamstring issues, sprains, strains, etc. It seems to me, most have been due to violent collisions on the football field. Conditioning may, or may not have played a role in a few injuries, but I think the Bills just ran into some bad luck, injury wise, just like all teams do, from time to time.