Who has better receivers, overall, Bills or Pats?

Who has better receivers, Bills or Patsies?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Just for this year, which group would you rather have?

• Patriots: Moss, Welker, Galloway, Greg Lewis, Sam Aiken, Matthew Slater
    • Bills: Owens, Evans, Reed, Parrish, Hardy, Steve Johnson, Justin Jenkins

Wide reciever is the one position the field that is tide to so many other variables. Just look at Detriot. For years they were picking the best wide out in the draft, but neglected the Oline and QB. A great Oline and a great QB will make any three wideouts look very good. Heck N.E won all three of their superbowls with average to good wide outs. But they had a great Oline and a great QB. And many those years were using average RBs.

The Pats* also had the advantage of CHEATING, lets not forget that. It is MUCH easier on the offense to know the EXACT defense that is called on any given play.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think so, really. Reed does the things that need to be done, in an offense. Galloway does not. I'll take Reed, who is almost 10 years younger than Joey, is willing to block, and has some of the best hands in the game.

By that scale, is Keith Ellison is one of the hardest hitters in the game.

Until proven otherwise, I'd take Moss, Welker, and Galloway over Evans, TO, and Reed/Parrish/Johnson/Hardy, especially with Brady tossing the rock to the former group. But there's a lot of age with the Pats' WR's, they have a new OC, and Brady is coming-off an injury so....

By that scale, is Keith Ellison is one of the hardest hitters in the game.

Actually Reed is in the top 5 in receiver catch percentage the past 2 years(he led it 2 years ago), so the statement is accurate...

Actually Reed is in the top 5 in receiver catch percentage the past 2 years(he led it 2 years ago), so the statement is accurate...

I have no doubt he's a very reliable receiver, but he tends to catch with his chest a lot.

I have no doubt he's a very reliable receiver, but he tends to catch with his chest a lot.

I would estimate Reed catches a very high % of passes (relatively), while getting contact from a defensive player. He uses whatever he needs to use, to make the catch. He was the Biletnikoff Award winner in college, and his hands have only gotten better. When he drops a pass (very rarely, these days), it is almost always a concentration issue, not a hands issue.

It's a tough choice in my opinion.

I think the Bills have more options and potential to be significantly better.

I think Moss and Owens are probably a wash, and Evans is a better player and WR than Welker, but the combination of Moss and Welker because of what they do is probably equal to or maybe even better than Owens and Evans, although our tandem has the potential to explode.

I like our 3-6 better overall, and still think that Reed and Parrish and Hardy and Johnson if used correctly could be very valuable with the defenses having to concentrate on Lee and TO.

Of course, none of this matters without quarterbacking and line play and the running game and tight ends and play-calling and coaching. But it may be an interesting discussion.

I like our guys a tad better overall. Just for this year. If we lose TO, of course, it's the Pats.

I'd say its a wash...

Guest dog14787

Josh Reed is built kind of compact so it probably just appears that way. Regardless of how he catches though Josh Reed has nerves of steel and the man can catch a football, he's awesome :blink:

:blink::censored: ...and two of the Bills receivers, for all three years had... :blink: :blink:

This thread would have been unimaginable if the Bills had not aquired TO. The author is essentially comparing TO and Moss.

By the way, all three of the Bills recievers still have.... :wallbash::wallbash: , so I think you should see the point being made.

This thread would have been unimaginable if the Bills had not aquired TO. The author is essentially comparing TO and Moss.

By the way, all three of the Bills recievers still have.... :blink::censored: , so I think you should see the point being made.

Did you miss Evans was right in that mix, too? He had :blink: :blink: for all three years. The audacity that one would discount one of Moss years, because he had a less-than-spectacular QB is simply outrageous, when you see what Evans has done with the Bills.

Gee, ya think? Would we even be talking about the Pats WR's if it weren't for the Raiders being dumb enough to trade Moss there for a 4th rounder? Would you consider say, Welker, Gaffney, and Galloway as good as Evans, Reed, and TO?

And for all the guff you give TO, Moss had as bad a reputation for being a cancer in the lockerroom, and also had motivation issues when he wasn't getting the ball. He also had some off-field issues, like "mowing-down" that meter maid. But I guess that's not as bad as an alleged "suicide attempt."

Gee, ya think? Would we even be talking about the Pats WR's if it weren't for the Raiders being dumb enough to trade Moss there for a 4th rounder? Would you consider say, Welker, Gaffney, and Galloway as good as Evans, Reed, and TO?

And for all the guff you give TO, Moss had as bad a reputation for being a cancer in the lockerroom, and also had motivation issues when he wasn't getting the ball. He also had some off-field issues, like "mowing-down" that meter maid. But I guess that's not as bad as an alleged "suicide attempt."

Or if they didnt steal Welker from the Dolphins by threatening the poison pill?