If Canada's health system is superior

GG

Without commenting on Canada's crappy health care system or the short sighted folks who want to emulate it here, this is a very sad story. Natasha Richardson is a brilliant stage actress. I saw her with Alan Cumming in Cabaret several years ago.....amazing show.

Best wishes for her recovery.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without commenting on Canada's crappy health care system or the short sighted folks who want to emulate it here, this is a very sad story. Natasha Richardson is a brilliant stage actress. I saw her with Alan Cumming in Cabaret several years ago.....amazing show.

Best wishes for her recovery.

Very Tragic indeed...

That's one of the many motivations to be successful.

Today a hard core lib was rumbling on in the coffee room about how all these new taxes are sapping his motivation and he has "no motivation" to suceed anymore knowing that his hard-earned bucks will go to someone "undeserving" who hasnt lifted a finger, etc, etc.

Made me all warm inside.

Who cares about grammar? A woman has been injured and is now brain dead. That is not a joking or debatable matter to the family.

1) I didn't bring it up.

2) I ain't the family.

3) Death is ALWAYS a joking matter to me. It's not abnormal. It's ubuquitous. Everyone you know, you have at least one thing in common with: one of you will have the chance to eulogize the other. Accept it.

4) People die tragically every day. I plan in dying tragically next Thursday. It happens. How some of you get so histrionic over it and still function in the world is incredible to me.

5) The original post in this thread is stupid. "If the Canadian health system is so great, why'd she come to the US?" Because she's dead. Maybe the US morturary system is better.

Today a hard core lib was rumbling on in the coffee room about how all these new taxes are sapping his motivation and he has "no motivation" to suceed anymore knowing that his hard-earned bucks will go to someone "undeserving" who hasnt lifted a finger, etc, etc.

Made me all warm inside.

Never occurred to you that he was talking about AIG, did it?

Made me all warm inside.

You pissed yourself? :lol:

Spoken like someone who believes success is something that needs to be taxed to the bone and handed over to the lazy...just because. :censored:

I just believe that success involves more than effort. Also, I don't measure success by the amount of money one has. So, I reject the idea that one can get good health care, if they make the effort to be successful.

5) The original post in this thread is stupid. "If the Canadian health system is so great, why'd she come to the US?" Because she's dead. Maybe the US morturary system is better.

I'll have to check out the mortuary at Lenox Hill then, cause I could have sworn it was a hospital when my wife was treated there.

I'll have to check out the mortuary at Lenox Hill then, cause I could have sworn it was a hospital when my wife was treated there.

And to be honest, she may not have been dead when you first posted...may have been just resting, or pining for the fjords.

Still...one person with brain damage flying into the US for treatment is a completely ambiguous data point, if only because it can be interpreted as either "You get better treatment in the US", or "You have to be brain dead to seek medical treatment in the US."

It was a dumb post. It's okay, they happen sometimes. Just admit it, and let it go.

(And yes, this is a case of "Do as I say, not as I do." I'm perfectly okay with that.)

I just believe that success involves more than effort. Also, I don't measure success by the amount of money one has. So, I reject the idea that one can get good health care, if they make the effort to be successful.

Spoken like someone who's never put the effort in to find out and resents those that have.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03182009/news/...dead_160187.htm

Natasha Richardson's heartbroken loved ones took her off life support this afternoon, a source told The Post. Richardson, 45, was surrounded by her famous acting family at Lenox Hill Hospital when the agonizing choice was made, now two days after she fell skiing near Montreal.

Loved ones didn't want Richardson to die in a foreign hospital, so they whisked her back to New York yesterday where she was greeted by family from both sides of the Atlantic.

And to be honest, she may not have been dead when you first posted...may have been just resting, or pining for the fjords.

Still...one person with brain damage flying into the US for treatment is a completely ambiguous data point, if only because it can be interpreted as either "You get better treatment in the US", or "You have to be brain dead to seek medical treatment in the US."

It was a dumb post. It's okay, they happen sometimes. Just admit it, and let it go.

(And yes, this is a case of "Do as I say, not as I do." I'm perfectly okay with that.)

Actually, at the time I posted it, it was not conclusive that she was brain dead. She may have been resting.

And again, this single data point is in addition to others that is fairly conclusive that if you want top flight medical care, you go to a private US hospital. From there anyone can infer any conclusion that they want.

But it is undeniable that you still are able to attract the best medical professionals from across the world to US hospitals & research facilities, which filters to the rest of the world.

Effort is the number one indicator of future success. You simply will not succeed if you don't put forth the effort.

You can have success without luck, you can have it without contacts but you will never have it without effort.