Let's put rumors to rest... We need you Tim Graham!

Fingon

I wish I had something on this for you, but the best I can do is speculate Cook has been given permission to see if he can strike a deal for Scheffler.

Keep in mind, both Cutler and Scheffler are under contract. Cook can't just come to Orchard Park and make a deal like Drew Rosenhaus did for Terrell Owens. The only power Cook has to move his players is whatever power the Broncos give him. Even then, the Broncos can veto whatever proposition Cook comes up with.

The Cutler story is so fresh, I'd find it hard to believe in the past 48 hours the Broncos have given Cook permission to seek trade partners and he's already touring the 31 teams. I'm guessing Cook's trip to Orchard Park had been planned for a while.

I wish I had something on this for you, but the best I can do is speculate Cook has been given permission to see if he can strike a deal for Scheffler.

Keep in mind, both Cutler and Scheffler are under contract. Cook can't just come to Orchard Park and make a deal like Drew Rosenhaus did for Terrell Owens. The only power Cook has to move his players is whatever power the Broncos give him. Even then, the Broncos can veto whatever proposition Cook comes up with.

The Cutler story is so fresh, I'd find it hard to believe in the past 48 hours the Broncos have given Cook permission to seek trade partners and he's already touring the 31 teams. I'm guessing Cook's trip to Orchard Park had been planned for a while.

Viva La Tim!

Thanks Tim. It's nice to have some common sense and good knowledge after all the bs and fantasy trades most guys are posting on here. Lets keep building this team intelligently. And hopefully bring in a decent O Lineman prior to the draft...

Thanks Tim. It's nice to have some common sense and good knowledge after all the bs and fantasy trades most guys are posting on here. Lets keep building this team intelligently. And hopefully bring in a decent O Lineman prior to the draft...

It's been 9 years, its fun to get excited about something even if we all know it is make believe!!

Fantasy like signing Terrell Owens?

most likely a 2nd or 3rd.

at this stage i would totally give up a 3rd for scheffler

I hope not. We pick in the early part of the 4th rd and that is more than sufficent for a TE who has only completed one season out of three. Add in the fact that this is a draft that has plenty of pass catching TEs in it and we probably wouldn't have to deal with his agent Bus Cook. I posted earlier today about Cook. Word of caution, be careful what you wish for but I will say that if we could come into agreement with him, Scheffler is the kind of TE that could put this offense over the top if he were to stay relatively healthy.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=85255

Since we are likely to take a flyer on a TE in the third round anyway, I'd be okay trading it for Scheffler. A fourth is always better than a third, but in this case I don't think it matters much. We should be able to focus on DL and LB in the first two rounds, and get solid OL and DL prospects in the later rounds, and we have gotten a proven TE who can actually run routes and isn't afraid to catch the ball over the middle. That pretty much should put us in a position to make a push for a better than .500 finish next year. Assuming the O can produce up to par.

I hope not. We pick in the early part of the 4th rd and that is more than sufficent for a TE who has only completed one season out of three. Add in the fact that this is a draft that has plenty of pass catching TEs in it and we probably wouldn't have to deal with his agent Bus Cook. I posted earlier today about Cook. Word of caution, be careful what you wish for but I will say that if we could come into agreement with him, Scheffler is the kind of TE that could put this offense over the top if he were to stay relatively healthy.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=85255

i still disagre i think for the better part of a decade we have neglected to put any type of legit resources into TE and waste low round picks that dont pan out. roll the dice on a player with some potential

i still disagre i think for the better part of a decade we have neglected to put any type of legit resources into TE and waste low round picks that dont pan out. roll the dice on a player with some potential

Scheffler has potential. Have you seen him play? He's very good.

Even before the decade, how much did we really employ the TE position for offense? I do agree that we should and will be more aggressive with our TEs, especially now that we amped the offense with the TO signing, but now we only need a TE to be a competent threat, not a primary target. If people are expecting us and this offense to suddenly make the TE a primary focus, like Dustin Keller of the Jets is going to be, then I think that they are going to be disappointed.