Felser Says Bills

BillsNYC

Great article, found it interesting he senses Peters is on his way out and mentions it twice:

"This team has few options. It sounds as if they are about to discard the best offensive lineman they have had since their Super Bowl days, left tackle Jason Peters, whom they should have tied up for the next five or six years. They don’t have a left guard. They may or may not have a center. They don’t have a tight end. They need a pass rusher. Now they may be bidding bye-bye to Peters.

"

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/608132.html

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great article, found it interesting he senses Peters is on his way out and mentions it twice:

"This team has few options. It sounds as if they are about to discard the best offensive lineman they have had since their Super Bowl days, left tackle Jason Peters, whom they should have tied up for the next five or six years. They don’t have a left guard. They may or may not have a center. They don’t have a tight end. They need a pass rusher. Now they may be bidding bye-bye to Peters.

"

I get the feeling he is about to slit his wrist

"

Trade him for players & picks. Bye bye PayMe Peters.

Move Walker to LT - Langston did a fine job spelling FatBoy while he huffed and puffed himself into playing shape.

Speed up the development of Demetrius Bell. Draft an OT, or pick up a FA. Lots of options.

Problem solved. Next problem, please...

19 and 0 baby!!! :lol:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

PosLUSZny!!!!! :thumbsup:

"

Sadly, when it comes to our beloved Bills, doing something this stupid is a distinct possibility.

If Jason Peters is traded, the odds of getting someone in his class to replace him is next to impossible. There is virtually no chance of this given how good he is, as well as where and how the Bills draft. Jason Peters is a member of this team because the Bills are lucky. Sure, he was brought in as a UDFA, but he was also at one point cut. Sorry, it was pure luck.

A smart team would rip up his old contract and pay him what he deserves. If it takes 10 million or a little more per year, that's what they should do. The Bills, with Trent, TO, Evans and Lynch have the potential to be a potent, exciting offense. A coach and front office with any sort of brain would be looking at ways to strengthen a line which is already questionable, instead of getting rid of its strongest component.

When opponents don't fear the run and sacks pile up, people will certainly be blaming Trent instead of the cheap fools who caused this.

Sadly, when it comes to our geloved Bills, doing something this stupid is a distinct possibility.

If Jason Peters is traded, the odds of getting someone in his class to replace him is next to impossible. There is virtually no chance of this given how good he is, as well as where and how the Bills draft. Jason Peters is a member of this team because the Bills are lucky. Sure, he was brought in as a UDFA, but he was also at one point cut. Sorry, it was pure luck.

A smart team would rip up his old contract and pay him what he deserves. If it takes 10 million or a little more per year, that's what they should do. The Bills, with Trent, TO, Evans and Lynch have the potential to be a potent, exciting offense. A coach and front office with any sort of brain would be looking at ways to strengthen a line which is already questionable, instead of getting rid of its strongest component.

When opponents don't fear the run and sacks pile up, people will certainly be blaming Trent instead of the cheap fools who caused this.

Awwww...poor Trent :thumbsup:

(Sounds like you're already getting a list of excuses ready, just in case your boy's not so good, you FanBoy! :lol: )

I know you and some others like to ignore this fact, but the sacks were 'piling up' with Peters at Left Tackle last season...

"Buffalo's Jason Peters gave up more sacks than any starting left tackle in the league in 2008.

His 11.5 sacks allowed came in only 13 games because he missed three with various injuries after a training camp holdout. He was even worse than fellow turnstile LTs Jeff Backus, Khalif Barnes, Kwame Harris, Max Starks, and Levi Jones. Peters has very little leverage if he still wants that raise."

Link

"

I for one hope the Bills get rid of him. We can get good picks or a possible trade from some team stupid enough to believe the hype about this guy. The definition of overrated IS Jason Peters. I don't know how he got to the Pro Bowl this year. He led the league in sacks allowed by a LT. If you watch the replay of that awful Jets game at the Meadowlands, he is at fault for JP getting manhandled...(of course the play call was rediculous as well)...leading to fumbling the game away, The point is that this man misses his assignments, missed the first couple of weeks due to a holdout the cost his team down the stretch and not to mention he get's injured all the time. And don't even tell me TO is a distraction...I know all about. Let's talk about Peters.

Get rid of him. Get somebody in there that wants to be a Buffalo Bill.

He sucks.

Just my opinion anyway.

Sadly, when it comes to our geloved Bills, doing something this stupid is a distinct possibility.

Pay him $10 million for a $2 million effort? No thanks. Time to part ways and reality check time for Payme. No one is indispensable.

For $3 Million we can find someone that will at least equal his effort.

Pay him $10 million for a $2 million effort? No thanks. Time to part ways and reality check time for Payme. No one is indispensable.

For $3 Million we can find someone that will at least equal his effort.

For $3 Million we can find someone that will equal his effort, but they WON'T equal his talent. My father taught me.......You get what you pay for. You pay cheap, you get cheap.

For $3 Million we can find someone that will equal his effort, but they WON'T equal his talent. My father taught me.......You get what you pay for. You pay cheap, you get cheap.

$2 million is what I think Peters is worth when you factor in his piss poor attitude.

So what does your father think of Derrick Dockery? :thumbsup:

Buffalo should offer Peters are fair LT salary. If he accepts it fine and if he don't, let him sit or trade him. I would love to keep Peters on this team. He's only going to get better with more time at the LT position. If I remeber correctly he was coming off an injury last year and did not play 100%.

We have struggled so many years trying to patch work this offensive line, it seems like we are going in circles. It can't be that hard, can it?

Buffalo should offer Peters are fair LT salary. If he accepts it fine and if he don't, let him sit or trade him. I would love to keep Peters on this team. He's only going to get better with more time at the LT position. If I remeber correctly he was coming off an injury last year and did not play 100%.

We have struggled so many years trying to patch work this offensive line, it seems like we are going in circles. It can't be that hard, can it?

If I remember correctly, that was one of the main points folks made when arguing not to give him the $$$gazillions$$$ he was demanding last season - "let's take a 'wait & see' approach' and make sure he's still playing at a high level."

If I also remember correctly, he's again coming off an injury, and didn't exactly play at the level expected of him last season anyway.

If I remember correctly, , that was one of the main points folks made when arguing not to give him the $$$gazillions$$$ he was demanding last season - "let's take a 'wait & see' approach' and make sure he's still playing at a high level."

If I also remember correctly, he's again coming off an injury, and didn't exactly play at the level expected of him last season anyway.

:thumbsup:

some people never learn

"

now that my euphoria over owens is tapering off, this article reminds me why i hate my favorite team...year after year, way too many holes to fill.

I vote to trade him and let someone making a lot less than 10 million per play the position. Do you really believe Peters would give you that much more productivity to warrant his additional salary. If a 2 million man gives up 15 sacks and peters gives up 10, is he worth the additional 8 million? Not in my world. I vote to trade him quick.

It sounds like everyone (media included) just assumes they won't meet somewhere in the middle. I understand the defeatist attitude at times, but sweet baby J folks, he ain't even out the door yet!

Three million apart is a big difference to meet in the middle.

I say trade him, he will always be a pain in the side with this team. I agree he needs a raise but after last season he shouldn't be asking to be the highest paid lineman. Anyone else notice how he is hurt and can't play on the coldest games? If they sign him now to a three or four year deal he'll be holding out again in a couple of seasons.