BJ Raji

I sure would love to see this guy fall to us. He is truly a game changer in the trenches. Him and Stroud next to eachother would be a force to reckon with and we would all see better play from the LB's and DB's. I really dont see him lasting past the first 5 picks though. What is everyones thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UQ2YGE9SLM

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seems a bit overweight to me. He would need to slim down a bit to play in our scheme.

Ok so let me ask you this. Has "our scheme" been succesful? Stroud is a large guy too. And McCargo was a smaller DT and didnt fit "our scheme". Everyone is so hung up on scheme. A football player is a football player and this guy is really good. The Tampa 2/Cover 2 is a D where every piece of the puzzle has to be perfect and Honestly most offenses have figured it out IMO. I do appreciate your input though.

Ok so let me ask you this. Has "our scheme" been succesful? Stroud is a large guy too. And McCargo was a smaller DT and didnt fit "our scheme". Everyone is so hung up on scheme. A football player is a football player and this guy is really good. The Tampa 2/Cover 2 is a D where every piece of the puzzle has to be perfect and Honestly most offenses have figured it out IMO. I do appreciate your input though.

Stroud is 6-6 310... he's not huge. McCargo didn't fit our scheme because he couldn't get consistent penetration. Raji can get penetration, but to do it in the NFL he will need to drop 10-20 pounds.

and yes our scheme was been successful. We were in the top half of the league last year in defense... add a DE and we are top 10.

If Buffalo drafted Raji at #11 (which will never happen, but just for sh-ts and giggles we'll assume), they could draft Ayers or Michael Johnson in the second and grab either a TE or a C/G in the third, which would pretty much take care of our most pressing holes on the team, allowing us our later choices to add some depth where it's needed most, the OL and at DL and LB. Never going to happen, but it's fun to speculate.

Stroud is 6-6 310... he's not huge. McCargo didn't fit our scheme because he couldn't get consistent penetration. Raji can get penetration, but to do it in the NFL he will need to drop 10-20 pounds.

and yes our scheme was been successful. We were in the top half of the league last year in defense... add a DE and we are top 10.

What was our rank I dont remember....15 I think. Thats not playoff caliber. I dont know about you but I sum up sucess when a D can get you into the playoffs. We havent done that in 3 years under fewell and some how he gets a pass.

If Buffalo drafted Raji at #11 (which will never happen, but just for sh-ts and giggles we'll assume), they could draft Ayers or Michael Johnson in the second and grab either a TE or a C/G in the third, which would pretty much take care of our most pressing holes on the team, allowing us our later choices to add some depth where it's needed most, the OL and at DL and LB. Never going to happen, but it's fun to speculate.

Good logic there.

I love the penetration this guy gets, but did anyone else notice how may tackles he missed? Which means he would fit in perfectly in Buffalo. Classic Bills Tackling.

Lots of DT's will miss a tackle here and there. There body just isnt as agile as a LB or DE. His job is to clog running lanes, Push the pocket in, be disruptive and at times just contain. This guy can do all those things which will end up in turnovers for us.

What was our rank I dont remember....15 I think. Thats not playoff caliber. I dont know about you but I sum up sucess when a D can get you into the playoffs. We havent done that in 3 years under fewell and some how he gets a pass.

We would have been in the playoffs if our offense wasn't so pitiful. We will have a top 10 defense if we can get a pass rusher.

We would have been in the playoffs if our offense wasn't so pitiful. We will have a top 10 defense if we can get a pass rusher.

Sure our offense was awful too I cant argue there. But our D was equally as bad and we need more than just a pash rusher though. Our LB corps is weak.