Top 5 Fits - Draft

BillsNYC

I can't understand all of the hype surrounding Maybin. He had 1 good season and looked slow in almost everything at the combine after adding just 15lbs. to get up to 250lbs. He's young and has a quick first step on film, but that was playing at 230-235lbs. What's he going to be like at 250lbs. against NFL OT's? I can't see him being "top fit #2" by any stretch of the imagination.

I can't understand all of the hype surrounding Maybin. He had 1 good season and looked slow in almost everything at the combine after adding just 15lbs. to get up to 250lbs. He's young and has a quick first step on film, but that was playing at 230-235lbs. What's he going to be like at 250lbs. against NFL OT's? I can't see him being "top fit #2" by any stretch of the imagination.

I've been saying that for weeks now, it hasn't gotten me any love...

This is a good site. I have been routinely checking it now starting back about 14 days ago.

Meanwhile, Bialy's site is practically unreadable lately. Out with the Bad in with the Good

Brian's site is really good - I have been reading it for a little more than a year. It's nice to hear some one talk about the Bills and make some actual sense, as opposed to a lot of posters on this site and others as well as some media people.

I've been saying that for weeks now, it hasn't gotten me any love...

Same with Devin Thomas last year. With these one-year collegiate wonders, you never know what kind of immediate impact you'll get. Who knows, someday these guys might be stars. I'd rather know what I'm getting (even though we know the draft as a whole is sort of a crapshoot).

I would as well, and at this point, he is probably the only player in the draft I would want the Bills to make a move like that for.

Hmm. I know Raji's a stud, but I don't think I'd trade up for him if I know I can get Peria Jerry if I wait. The dropoff between those two isn't that wide. The Bills need all the picks they can get.

Raji would be sweet...too bad its not going to happen, I was blasted when I suggested Sidibury in the second.....he reminds me a lot of Umenyora.

I think Sidbury is going to be a good pro as well. If we don't draft a defensive end with our 1st pick, he would become a very good option in the 2nd round. He's very fast, as he's been reported to have ran as quick as a 4.5 in the past, yet he also has the prototypical strength with 28 bench reps at the combine which was 2nd best among DE's. Maybe a bit short at 6'2, but that may be splitting hairs. Bringing up Umenyora is worth mentioning. Guys like him and Demarcus Ware should make Sidbury going to Richmond virtually a non-factor.

Hmm. I know Raji's a stud, but I don't think I'd trade up for him if I know I can get Peria Jerry if I wait. The dropoff between those two isn't that wide. The Bills need all the picks they can get.

I like Jerry a lot too but I think that gap is a lot bigger than you think, I wouldn't mind having Jerry at 11 but Raji is an absolute beast......

BJ RAJI Highlights

I like Jerry a lot too but I think that gap is a lot bigger than you think, I wouldn't mind having Jerry at 11 but Raji is an absolute beast......

BJ RAJI Highlights

I wasn't saying I'd take Jerry at 11. I'm saying I'd be willing to trade down if the offer presented itself. Sorry, should have been more clear.

Peria Jerry highlights

I wasn't saying I'd take Jerry at 11. I'm saying I'd be willing to trade down if the offer presented itself. Sorry, should have been more clear.

Peria Jerry highlights

I didn't think you were saying that just that I personally wouldn't mind him at 11 myself.....I don't know why everyone is so excited about this years DE class....nobody is a surefire can't miss prospect and IMO Jerry is a better pick than all of them. Orakpo is overrated IMO, I saw him play a lot in Texas and he's a good player but I don't think he's a game changer, I don't like what I've seen from Maybin's workouts and the fact that all of it came in one year...I like the Devin Thomas comparison that a previous poster made, and I don't know about Everette Brown because I haven't seen much of him.

Brian's site is really good - I have been reading it for a little more than a year. It's nice to hear some one talk about the Bills and make some actual sense, as opposed to a lot of posters on this site and others as well as some media people.

Make actual sense? Really? How can he not have Everette Brown as a best fit for the Bills? Here are some scouts thoughts of Everette Brown and you tell me if he's not a best fit for the Bills.

Strengths: Tall, athletic frame that has the ability to add a bit more bulk...impressive first step, often beating defenders right from the start...difference maker, skilled at getting in the backfield and creating turnovers...possesses a number of pass rush moves for a collegiate end, including an impressive spin move...even played inside on some passing downs at FSU...strong junior season...showed the ability to play well in space...offers some scheme versatility...

Overall: Florida State's Everette Brown had a strong junior season, totaling 21.5 TFL and 13.5 sacks by consistently beating defenders with his speed and explosiveness. He has all the tools to succeed in the NFL but is likely going to need to add some strength to beat the top offensive tackles. He could project to a 4-3 scheme as a regular defensive end, particularly in a Cover 2 type system where he can focus on rushing the passer.

He was not just a "one year wonder" as the guy at Buffalo Rumblings implied.

Brown had an immediate impact for the ‘Noles as a freshman, earning Freshman All American honors after tallying 27 tackles, 13.5 for loss, and three sacks on the year. As a sophomore he started eight of 13 games, leading the team with 11.5 tackles for loss, and 6.5 sacks to go along with 37 tackles. Brown became a full time starter last year as a junior, and had a tremendous season. He had 36 tackles, 21.5 for loss, and 13.5 sacks on the year.

Sporting News has him listed as the 6th best prospect in the draft and even has the Lions taking him with the first pick in the draft. He is also described as having a non stop motor, and "leaves everything on the field". Per the interview he did on ESPN, he's not a partyer and loves the outdoors. He has down home qualities and would be the best fit for the Bills. I don't care what the guy at that other site thinks.

No thanks ,the dude is built like a pear. I`ve seen similar builts by these big old women walking around Wal-Mart. :thumbsup:

So you don't want a dominate DT because you don't like his build? Have you seen how most of them are built? Raji is a freaking beast.

Raji would be sweet...too bad its not going to happen, I was blasted when I suggested Sidibury in the second.....he reminds me a lot of Umenyora.

You got blasted for taking a fourth round pick in the second round, and deservedly so. I'm all for drafting Sidbury - he was nasty at Richmond - but anyone taking him on the first day is on drugs.

Raji is the first player in years I can actually say I'd be willing to trade up for.

If it's all the same to you, why don't we not give up valuable draft picks to draft a position of non-need (i.e. DT)? There are way too many holes to fill before we start trading up for a DT.